Random thoughts on the Packers game

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
saintsfannhere":27qddnnb said:
I love the hustle from y'all's defence and how one man can take on a tackle by himself. Yards after contact verse y'all must be extremely low. I'd like to look into that of anyone has that info.

I believe it was the Seattle broadcast crew that referenced The Hawks yards after catch either late in the game or after it had ended. They said the Hawks gave up net 0 yards after catch this game.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3otni1fr said:
saintsfannhere":3otni1fr said:
I love the hustle from y'all's defence and how one man can take on a tackle by himself. Yards after contact verse y'all must be extremely low. I'd like to look into that of anyone has that info.

I believe it was the Seattle broadcast crew that referenced The Hawks yards after catch either late in the game or after it had ended. They said the Hawks gave up net 0 yards after catch this game.
I remember hearing that stat mentioned but it wasn't a Seattle crew. During the regular season there's no Seattle broadcast. Thursday night was national coverage.

As to the 0 yards after catch, my first thought was that that was just commentary exaggeration but It could have been accurate at the time.

Mick063

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3p141kv3 said:
Snakeeyes007":3p141kv3 said:
saintsfannhere":3p141kv3 said:

I remember hearing that stat mentioned but it wasn't a Seattle crew. During the regular season there's no Seattle broadcast. Thursday night was national coverage.

As to the 0 yards after catch, my first thought was that that was just commentary exaggeration but It could have been accurate at the time.

I would have to recheck the game to verify, but I think I recall Starks receiving a short pass and making multiple defenders miss.

I have always liked Starks running style. A ton of hype about Lacy, but Starks just seems to be a better runner to me.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hello all, we've decided to sticky this thread where it's easier for everyone to read and to add to it.

We appreciate the time that Kip and others put in to this thread and would like to encourage those that are willing to add their thoughts as well.

Keep in mind that this thread is a voluntary contribution and that Kearly may not have time to do it every week. So don't wait on it to appear before putting your thoughts on Seahawks.net. You can always paste them in to the thread later.

Thanks to everyone for your participation. " The Mods" :th2thumbs:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":qdh8hra3 said:
Hello all, we've decided to sticky this thread where it's easier for everyone to read and to add to it.

We appreciate the time that Kip and others put in to this thread and would like to encourage those that are willing to add their thoughts as well.

Keep in mind that this thread is a voluntary contribution and that Kearly may not have time to do it every week. So don't wait on it to appear before putting your thoughts on Seahawks.net. You can always paste them in to the thread later.

Tumblr mwe7snVsVJ1rmjd3no1 500

.NET: :les: POSSIBLY next week. :les:

.NET Community:

Tumblr myymd902kw1r1dj5po1 500

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ivotuk":bzuytc66 said:

Awesome and well deserved for Kip. A lot of other good posts on this thread too including yours Ivo.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Been watching the all-22. Green Bay was really flummoxed by the Wilson/Harvin/Lynch combo. The safety/LB combo for Green Bay never attacked it, just reacted, and poorly. Interior of the Seattle line was stellar.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Great observations.

I didn't see any comments regarding this:
kearly":xa0cbklp said:
-The Seahawks now officially have the longest streak in NFL history for consecutive games played without a multi-score loss.

THAT IS HUGE! What a tremendous accomplishment these past two seasons. Wow.

I'm not doubting at all, but was wondering if there is a reference you'd be willing to share before I throw that stat up for discussion with some non-Hawk fans.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
This is always my favorite thread each week, keep up the good work everyone!

Can somebody elaborate on this streak? I tried to Google it but came up snake eyes:

The Seahawks now officially have the longest streak in NFL history for consecutive games played without a multi-score loss

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk - That won't work to prove they set any records, though.

MLOhawks - Wish I could help. I couldn't find anything myself. I'd suggest checking out fieldgulls.com and Hawkblogger.com's blog history and see if it was written about or attempt to contact them directly via twitter.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":604q73e0 said:
ivotuk - That won't work to prove they set any records, though.

MLOhawks - Wish I could help. I couldn't find anything myself. I'd suggest checking out fieldgulls.com and Hawkblogger.com's blog history and see if it was written about or attempt to contact them directly via twitter.

Doh, my bad :oops:

themunn

Reaction score
MLOhawks":1b1yoed3 said:
This is always my favorite thread each week, keep up the good work everyone!

Can somebody elaborate on this streak? I tried to Google it but came up snake eyes:

The Seahawks now officially have the longest streak in NFL history for consecutive games played without a multi-score loss

What do you want elaborated on?
It was well-reported that Green Bay had the previous streak (set in 2011 I believe) of 46 games without losing by more than 7 and that were we to beat them we would hold the record outright.

This has a breakdown of all the teams with 27 or more games (don't know why that number was chosen).

I think the closest challenger is miles behind too, might even be the Niners, who were on the end of back to back beatdowns at the start of the 2013 season, so still less than 16 games. The next most of any of the 2013 playoff teams is the Chargers with 8 games or something, I can't imagine any non-playoff team has a streak that's much if any longer, Steelers have 9 games too since they went on a good run to close the season.

Here's a breakdown of sorts of the record

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1x ... s_without/

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Please sticky every one of Kearly's Random Thoughts threads that he decides to make for a bit going forward as well, please. :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1gs14p4d said:
Really would like to see the team and Marshawn agree to 2 more years after this season. I think it'll get done and in the long run both sides will be pleased it did.
THIS ^^^......................................................................^^^...................................................................^^^
Not that I don't like Turbin or Michaels , I would just like to see Beast man Lynch go until he can no longer shake it out, and I'm sure that he'll know when it's time to call it quits.