Random Musings

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- After the punt return TD in the first quarter, the 12's were as loud as I have heard it in that stadium in YEARS. The false starts, backing them up, was nostalgic. Was thinking that was going to be the story of the game. Damn.

-- Yes, the fumbles from Carson is an obvious issue but my big question yesterday was "Why aren't you changing your cleats?!?" The slipping was ridiculous. Where are the coaches telling him to change his cleats?

-- Speaking of Carson...Keep feeding him. Simply tell him to hold the ball like he is trying to crush it until the play is over. I don't want him second-guessing who he is as a runner, but he does need to treat the ball like it's a bomb that will explode if it leaves his hands before the play is over.

-- My phone was blowing up yesterday after the loss. "What's wrong with the Seahawks!!" "They aren't as good as we thought!!" Laugh. Out. Loud. Give me a break. Hyperbole in September is charming. We were 1-2 this time last year and we still made the playoffs. It was a bad game in bad weather and we were outcoached. It. Happens. R-E-L-A-X.

-- How in the hell is Kamara that slippery? Is he really that good or are we that bad? Wait, don't answer that.

-- 4th and 1. I told everyone around me, "If they want the first down or even score here, have Russ go on a naked bootleg. But what they are gonna do is call a run up the middle for no gain." Guess what happened.

-- They kept calling Fant an illegible receiver all game long. They should have thrown to him at least once! Throw us wet 12's a bone in a crap game like that for Petey's Sake!

-- Took an old friend to the game who is a huge diehard and despite the rain and loss, he still loved every minute of the experience. Sure, a win would have been awesome but it reminded me that this is a game, and it's not just the win or loss, but the entire day spent with friends and fellow 12's, passionate about our team win or loss.

-- Still holding fast to my preseason prediction of 11-5. GO HAWKS!

getnasty

Reaction score
Thanks for the input of someone that was there, good to hear the 12's were bringing it. I agree with continuing to feed Carson and Kamara is a stud no question but we also didn't tackle worth a damn and made him look that much better. Carson chaged his cleats but didn't seem to help, rough day for him hopefully he bounces back.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":502bt7rk said:
Thanks for the input of someone that was there, good to hear the 12's were bringing it. I agree with continuing to feed Carson and Kamara is a stud no question but we also didn't tackle worth a damn and made him look that much better. Carson chaged his cleats but didn't seem to help, rough day for him hopefully he bounces back.

Changed cleats but loaded back up the tape, that was the issue I think.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Game planning and play calling to start the game was as usual, piss poor.
Need better starts. This “spotting the opponent the first quarter every game plan” is crap and isn’t working.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kawnmus said:
Game planning and play calling to start the game was as usual, piss poor.
Need better starts. This “spotting the opponent the first quarter every game plan” is crap and isn’t working.

Agreed. I am tired of watching the Seahawks feel their way through the dark in the first half. GO FOR THE THROAT FROM THE START!!

I even yelled out early in the first quarter..."PRETEND IT'S THE 4TH QUARTER!!!"

It's beyond old.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A sober rational voice from the .Net Godfather. Thanks Aros!

The Hawks more or less spotted the Saints 20 points before trying to comeback. the team had 515 yards of total O and 406 yards passing. The just kept on making stupid costly mistakes which killed promising drives and simply failed to execute when they needed to do so. In the end they just ran out of time.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I know this won't be popular but...

Russ is the best RB on the field and we have a bunch of deep threats. We should be keeping the run threat alive but not be depending on it. We need to score points.

RW should be rolling out on every play, our oline and run suck. This quick out pocket passing crap isn't the answer.

John63

Reaction score
sprhawk73":1zzbn0hj said:
I know this won't be popular but...

Russ is the best RB on the field and we have a bunch of deep threats. We should be keeping the run threat alive but not be depending on it. We need to score points.

RW should be rolling out on every play, our oline and run suck. This quick out pocket passing crap isn't the answer.

It is the answer if they throw in front of the LOS like against Pitt. They were throwing quick but behind the LOS. Huge difference

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ivotuk":37pdqomm said:
Thank you Todd! Good stuff, actually cheered me up some :)

That makes me happy. Thanks bro!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Totally agree about Carson..You put him right back out there and tell him to kick ass like we know how he can.. You punish him like PC did and he's not going to run, he's just going to think about holding on to the ball.. Give the guy confidence, he knows what to do... I really thought it was a lousy move by Pete... no way to treat anyone., you don't take away their confidence, you want to build it.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Alvin Kamara is a beast. Made for amazing/frustrating viewing. Must have been what it was like for other fanbases watching Lynch in his prime.

Anyway, yes, feed Carson the ball. If it was a drop in confidence because of the slips on Sunday, he'll come out running angry - and that can only be a good thing.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
These musing are not random. They're all clearly related to the recent Seahawks game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seeing Kamara in person, he is a flat out beast. Handing them two touchdowns was so uncharacteristic of this team, but they just had one of those days where nothing seemed to work. The play calling sucked, time management sucked, and the Saints came to play. The Hawks looked incredibly undisciplined imo.
That being said, they didn't give up as always. They just can't spot a team two touchdowns and expect to win all the time, especially a good team like the Saints.