Rams V 9ers

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawk45":2xpfm8vz said:
RolandDeschain":2xpfm8vz said:
You don't have to expect Kaepernick to throw perfectly into a group of three guys, just throw a jump ball after making sure Boldin knows ahead of time to go up for it. One deep completion to Boldin like that per drive foot San Francisco would open them up a LOT.

Yeah...I do think it's just a much greater challenge going against NFL defenses with only 1 guy you really trust. Manningham, Crabtree, VD out they're just down to nothing at all. I have a hard time thinking that there's much Kaepernick could do that would mitigate the effect of that enough for him to be really really effective in the passing game. Against someone other than GB that is.

I'm no Kaepernick fan at all I just feel the need to reserve judgment until he gets 1 or 2 of his weapons back.

For the sake of a quality argument.

Its not like Kaepernick doesn't have weapons...

Boldin is one of the best possession WRs in the NFL
Davis is the most complete TE in the NFL (not my stance)
Kyle Williams has been with the team since 2010.
Patton, was so polished that he was supposed to contibute right away.
Vance McDonald was a 2nd round pick... and I've seen 9er fans say how they stole him away from us.
Garrett Celek is supposedly better that Marquis Gray guy the Browns took, thus Harbaugh stealing away Seahawks Anquan Boldin/Delanie Walker wannabe Chris Harper... if you believe thats what Hypocrispy-baugh-douche-bitch was really doing...

Not to mention Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Lemichael James, and Bruce Miller.

But the thing is Kaepernick just sucks throwing the ball in the short to intermediate routes. And he sucks fitting the deep ball through a window in coverage. He just can't make those throws and Kaepernick knows this.

Compare to Russell Wilson who has been getting so crap by us 12s for his seemingly poor throws yet we disregard that Wilson even sporadic at times his at least attempting these throws regardless of trust in coverage and tight windows. And he gives his WR a chance to make the plays. Wilson isn't perfect but if he had Kaepernicks measures and pure athleticism he would be.

So far out of 5wrs, 5 rbs, 3 Tes... 13 players... 11 of them have caught a Wilson pass. Only Michael and Williams haven't.

In the first game alone Wilson threw passes to 9 different players out of 12 total because Kellen Davis was added later. In that game Michael was inactive, Willson was sat down after illegal motion penalty in the first series, and Stephen Williams was inches away of converting a 40+ yard TD.

You don't need great WRs nor even good ones to be a solid QB... you just need to know how to throw the damn ball.

Again, if Wilson had Kaepernicks size and overall athleticism +plus CKs Oline...the Seahawks Offense would be dropping 40 points a game with 49er WRs and RBs.

Let Kap keep his measures but give him the Seahawks offense plus our ragtag Oline, I doubt he'd do much better than being mediorce.

Wilson may be half the QB Kaepernick is but is just better because Wilson truly understands and knows what it takes to be great QB and lead by example on and off the field.

Kaepernick may or may not find his center and turn the corner. Experience may benefit him. But if he has to wait for Superman WR to save the day, isn't he the Kryptonite.

hawk45

Reaction score
Gore hasn't been Gore.
VD has been injured/out the last couple of games.
Williams? Patton? Those are weapons? Okay so then we disregard the fact that they weren't starting?
Boldin's old, and he's still good but he's one guy. The DCs can just lock the guy down.

People start in the NFL for a reason. The Niners WR group is decimated, can't spin that away.