Rams/Niners

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HawkWow":19uhxt8j said:
How can anyone not love Marshawn Lynch? Players are scared to death of giving teams bulletin board stuff. Why? Are teams so weak of mind they can't get it up unless someone says something negative about them? ML couldn't care less. His mindset clearly: Yeah, I said it...do something to prove me wrong". It's not trash talk when it's fact.

The poster meant John Lynch, who is color commentating this game, not Marshawn.

hawker84

Reaction score
chris98251":2y7ocntd said:
No weakness i that 49er D did they say? OK......................

Yeah they are good but there is a reason they are scrambling for a playoff birth isn't there. I think it's becasue teams scored more points then they did. The excuse of Crabtree not being there doesn't cover it either.

Actually their D has played pretty solid all season, i definitely put them in the top 3 in the NFC. it's their offense tha'ts been struggling which has cost them games. I for the life of me can't figure out why we struggle so bad against the rams d, and 49ers don't, we're basically the same team? don't get it...

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
hawker84":2zlnrss1 said:
chris98251":2zlnrss1 said:
No weakness i that 49er D did they say? OK......................

Yeah they are good but there is a reason they are scrambling for a playoff birth isn't there. I think it's becasue teams scored more points then they did. The excuse of Crabtree not being there doesn't cover it either.

Actually their D has played pretty solid all season, i definitely put them in the top 3 in the NFC. it's their offense tha'ts been struggling which has cost them games. I for the life of me can't figure out why we struggle so bad against the rams d, and 49ers don't, we're basically the same team? don't get it...

They have a better OL.

hawk45

Reaction score
The Rams are not outplaying the Niners, at all. This game is not a few calls away from being a Rams win. Clemens is dog-crap terrible, just atrocious, and the Rams aren't handing the ball off enough for whatever reason.

The Ram D is respectable but that STL offense is what is keeping the Rams out of this game.

The flag for hit on a defenseless receiver, I dislike that call, but under these rules it was an obvious one with the guy going to the head with a forearm. I'm not seeing the Rams being reffed here. I'm seeing calls that I HATE but that are typical of the 2013 NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":zpg2qk9s said:
Sports Hernia":zpg2qk9s said:
Yep crappy calls have had a hand in every ninnies scoring drive. You know that the NFL and Rog want the ninnies in the playoff race until the end and will do everything in their power to make it so. Expect a ton of calls/non calls to go against the Hawks tomorrow, the NFL doesn't want HFA in the NFC decided in week 13 if they can help it.

Good gawd how I hate Rog Goodell and his henchmen (see the zebras).

Get a grip dude, except for the roughing on Kaep those PI calls are obvious. Rams shooting themselves in the foot. Hawks would take advantage of those calls just the same, dont start with the NFL conspiracies.

The defensless player flag was complete BS, he touched the helmet but it was grazing contact.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":9bldbcoo said:
I think the personal foul flags were egregious, but the PI and holding flags were pretty much spot on.

I think the ref teams are incompetent, rendered prone to further incompetency by instructions to call anything that looks like it might have a) hurt a star player, b) hit a QB or WR especially roughly, or c) both.

But generally, most ref teams are too stupid to be malicious. Then again, that's what I thought about NBA refs, and voila! Joey Crawford proved me wrong.
Disagree with your first sentence. As exhibit A The offensive PI on the Rams WR was utter BS. Exhibit B was the personal foul when there were 2 rams defenders hitting the SF receiver just before first down marker. Exhibit C was the personal foul call on the Kraeppernick slide. ....and I could go on.

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
I'll agree that the OPI on the Rams was not a good call too. Actually, I don't get how OPI is being called this year. Remember Jermaine Kearse getting OPI for no reason against the Texans? Like, he didn't even touch the dude? If SEA had not eventually scored a TD anyway on that drive, we are all bitching quite a bit more about it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Okay. HECK OF a personal foul call against CJ Spillman there. LOL. Hopefully that will calm some of the more conspiracy oriented a bit. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawk45":11gg0tw8 said:
The Rams are not outplaying the Niners, at all. This game is not a few calls away from being a Rams win. Clemens is dog-crap terrible, just atrocious, and the Rams aren't handing the ball off enough for whatever reason.

The Ram D is respectable but that STL offense is what is keeping the Rams out of this game.

The flag for hit on a defenseless receiver, I dislike that call, but under these rules it was an obvious one with the guy going to the head with a forearm. I'm not seeing the Rams being reffed here. I'm seeing calls that I HATE but that are typical of the 2013 NFL.
Disagree it would be a 6-3 or 3-3 game if not for SF's bad penalty aided drives. SF isn't lighting the world on fire with their play, they are playing a tad better than the Rams, that's it.

hawk45

Reaction score
Not buying conspiracy theories about today's game, but I will say Luck is getting help out there this season. Not just in the Hawk game. Don't believe it's anything against RW, just that it's an annointed-one kind of thing.

TDBinOLY

Reaction score
I've been over at the AFC game( i.e., the good one), has Crabtree been a factor?

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Yeah, SF has some serious problems on offense. I don't know what has happened to Kaepernick, either. He was playing with confidence again during that five-game winning streak, but he lost all that once the Panthers took it to him.

I really am curious to know if Kaepernick just isn't calming down enough to go through his reads or if Greg Roman's offense just sucks.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1b7y9euh said:
hawk45":1b7y9euh said:

Disagree it would be a 6-3 or 3-3 game if not for SF's bad penalty aided drives. SF isn't lighting the world on fire with their play, they are playing a tad better than the Rams, that's it.

In the redzone I will agree that the Niners aren't playing much better than the Rams. Between the 20s they're playing better. Kaepernick at least looks like he's seen an NFL football before (even if he's not setting the world on fire). Clemens on the other hand...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1eqropdb said:
lvnginhwktwn":1eqropdb said:
dont start with the NFL conspiracies.

One must have regularly not done something, or first stop doing something, to start doing it.

In my experience bugged eyed conspiracy theories run a little abnormally strong on this board, although they of course pop up on every board, and it's not everybody or even most people of course.*

*(always, of course, about how the league is conspiring to keep the Seahawks down, or conspiring to keep up a) their rivals, b) any other team with a good record, or c) any team with a quarterback that Hawks fans think gets more attention than Russell Wilson).
So says the fan of the team benefiting from said calls, neat!
The webzone is calling and wants you to come home.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawk45":3etlr7q4 said:
Not buying conspiracy theories about today's game, but I will say Luck is getting help out there this season. Not just in the Hawk game. Don't believe it's anything against RW, just that it's an annointed-one kind of thing.

Unsure if it's Luck being gifted, or Pagano. The media loves those human interest stories and how they would love to pit the evil Adderall kids against the Stanford genius and his survivor coach. That is, if Manning can't get there. They have that young boy wonder (Wilson) going against the aging, crafty vet angle ready to roll as well.

All good, as long as we're in there somewhere.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":i3n7iynw said:
So says the fan of the team benefiting from said calls, neat!
The webzone is calling and wants you to come home.

Huh? I already said I really didn't like the personal foul call Kaep got, as nobody should.

In any case, I am officially on record as not believing that there is an NFL conspiracy to keep the Seahawks down, or to prop up whoever it is that you have decide to dislike from week to week.

One doesn't have to be the other.

Back to game. Later. :)