Rams Fan First Post

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":160dfrsk said:
He could but would you in his position? No argument that he is heinously overpaid though.

I don't know, I think I would, but nobody knows for sure unless they're in that situation. I'll tell you one thing, though; even if I refused, I'd secretly feel a bit guilty about making that much and giving back so little (comparatively) on the field.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maybe. And no doubt about it that this is a make or break year for him. If he doesn't take a huge step forward that contract may well be the last time he sees big money. So guilty may not factor in regardless.

nsport

Reaction score
drdiags":27cpcke0 said:
nsport":27cpcke0 said:
drdiags":27cpcke0 said:
The OP came and introduced himself. Just as other fans have in the past. It has progressed into discussions about his team and may get moved but personally I don't see the need to move it yet. It does say "Rams Fan First Post", so no bait and switch going on.

I don't know... 3+ pages of Bradford discussion, now Rams draft picks. Hearty welcome to the STL guy but the rest of this thread is not topical to this forum.

A few months back a 9ers fan posted a similar first post and it got to double digits pages. There were the usual Kaep quotes and other discussions about their draft, etc. It eventually got moved to the NFL Forum.

I think what happens during the regular season will be interesting. The backlash has been anticipated but I suspect fans will become a little more hostile when it all counts. I promised not to play forum cop and to let the mods do what they know works for the forum. Just trying to be devil's advocate here.

I would like for all non-Seahawks topics to go into the NFL forum, but folks have their own habits and I have no authority. I suspect this will get moved once the initial responses have slowed.

It's actually much more civil than your standard 49er holier than now string of posters. Still an awful lot of discussion surrounding that entire team - and the "welcome thread" is common, but it has certainly been transformed into a full-fledged Rams post and literally no Seahawks chatter. I would have moved it by page 3 - but that's not my job. :)

RamzFanz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28dh55fi said:
KCHawkGirl":28dh55fi said:
Bradford can't help it that he came in a year before the rookie wage scale.

Oh, please. Bradford could agree to restructuring his contract to help his team if he wanted to. You think the Rams haven't tried behind closed doors? What's his excuse, "Tom Brady did it, but I'm better than him, so no, I won't restructure"?

This is tantamount to the Rams paying $1,000/mo for a lease on a 4-year-old Ford Taurus. It doesn't make the Taurus a pile of crap, but for what you're paying, you want to get rid of it.

"St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford quietly restructured his original rookie contract earlier this month, according to a league source with knowledge of the deal. "

RedAlice

Reaction score
RamzFanz":32db2z9v said:
RolandDeschain":32db2z9v said:
KCHawkGirl":32db2z9v said:
Bradford can't help it that he came in a year before the rookie wage scale.

Oh, please. Bradford could agree to restructuring his contract to help his team if he wanted to. You think the Rams haven't tried behind closed doors? What's his excuse, "Tom Brady did it, but I'm better than him, so no, I won't restructure"?

This is tantamount to the Rams paying $1,000/mo for a lease on a 4-year-old Ford Taurus. It doesn't make the Taurus a pile of crap, but for what you're paying, you want to get rid of it.

"St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford quietly restructured his original rookie contract earlier this month, according to a league source with knowledge of the deal. "

Where is that quote from? You seem to have left out the source part.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RedAlice":21tk6mi9 said:
RamzFanz":21tk6mi9 said:
RolandDeschain":21tk6mi9 said:

Where is that quote from? You seem to have left out the source part.

The same sources who think Cortland Finnegan is a good cornerback?

RedAlice

Reaction score
you still stuck on hating F as a Titan? Note sweetie...he ain't no Titan now....

Throwdown

Reaction score
RedAlice":e41yi3d3 said:
you still stuck on hating F as a Titan? Note sweetie...he ain't no Titan now....

No I don't hate him at all, I do think he's soft.

Throwdown

Reaction score
But then again, I'm used to one of my corners doing this when a WR gets wrong:

[youtube]ycpDT7Q_LHY[/youtube]
[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

RedAlice

Reaction score
Throwdown":wg03k11x said:
RedAlice":wg03k11x said:

No I don't hate him at all, I do think he's soft.

I think Jenkins will outplay him this year. But happy to have him. He gave some immediate identity to a "soft" Spag team that needed erased.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jenkins is on the cusp of being an elite CB, I'll give you that. But your boys claiming to have the best CB tandem in the league need to stop sippin' the moonshine.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Throwdown":3dotf2ho said:
Jenkins is on the cusp of being an elite CB, I'll give you that. But your boys claiming to have the best CB tandem in the league need to stop sippin' the moonshine.

Only moonshine I see on CBs is around these parts.....Rams have a lot going on this year that is truly worthy of day dream love....none of that is CBs.

I don't know where this is coming from. I'm as up for a fantasy as any fan.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
I just wanna say I feel SO WELCOMED by the fact my fellow football fans bumped this all the way back to the top and replied so many times. I feel the love, actions speak louder than words. Wanted to let this thread die out of respect, being I'm a fan of a rivalry team.

Thanks guys! Glad to be here among such passionate, and tolerant, fans. It's nice to be a part of. :D

RedAlice

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":1j26mb00 said:
I just wanna say I feel SO WELCOMED by the fact my fellow football fans bumped this all the way back to the top and replied so many times. I feel the love, actions speak louder than words. Wanted to let this thread die out of respect, being I'm a fan of a rivalry team.

Thanks guys! Glad to be here among such passionate, and tolerant, fans. It's nice to be a part of. :D

are you only addressing Hawk fans? I have enjoyed your knowledge, but notice you ignore other Rams' fans.

nsport

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3p45uxmt said:

I'm not tolerant. Pretty sure this mr.stlouis is a goof account to try to get this board sideways. Two hijacked threads is all I can say in 33 posts in just a few days. Totally lame. BAN BAN BAN BAN!!

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RedAlice":12iksley said:
mr.stlouis":12iksley said:

are you only addressing Hawk fans? I have enjoyed your knowledge, but notice you ignore other Rams' fans.

Lol well if it appeared I "ignored them" then I certainly didn't intend to. I've been on the Ram boards for some time. I feel I have a good bead on their opinions. Getting in depth knowledge on Seahawk fans is what I'm after.

And yes I was referring to Seahawk fans because that is the majority of the posts.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Throwdown":16euaav7 said:

One of the best and perhaps the best.

Wilson scored 1 rushing and 1 passing TD against the Rams last season and threw 3 interceptions, 2 of them to CBs, if I remember correctly. Didn't Wilson tie Manning for TDs through the air or somethng? Not against the current Rams corners though. Pretty good corners. They helped create the opportunity for the 8 sacks too I'm sure. Yes?

Oh, the one TD was against Craig Dahl. He's a Niners now. You're welcome.