Rams Fan First Post

RedAlice

Reaction score
Nothing. Not Suh. Not anyone could have saved the Rams from the Hell that was Spag. Nothing.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":12wjdedt said:
dunceface":12wjdedt said:
I'm almost looking forward to the games against the rams as much as the niners games this year!

Last years games were close so it will be interesting to see if our oline can fare any better against your beastly d line and see how your offense (QB) can do against an even scarier secondary this year

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks win the division this year, especially if Harvin can come back strong. So far, the Rams have had no significant injuries and I sure hope it stays that way.

Niners have been smacked with some very bad injuries on offense. I look for them to fade this year, but come back strong next year.

The only thing that saved you last year was Akers. Watching him miss those kicks he use to do in his sleep made me wonder if he was on the Rams payroll. Yes we have injuries but if you plan to wait for us to "fade" you may be waiting a long time. By the way welcome to the Net, these guys are actually pretty cool, well as cool as Hawk fans can be.....lol

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RedAlice":2w42n1nw said:
RolandDeschain":2w42n1nw said:
RedAlice":2w42n1nw said:
I like the boy. Just over the constant debate on both sides. It's time for silence and play on the field. End.

Liking him is just fine. Heck, look at how many of us like Tarvaris Jackson as a person and teammate in that T.J. thread; doesn't mean he's a good NFL player, though. As you refer to though, this is a pivotal year for him. I think most Rams fans will start calling for blood at the end of the year if he doesn't improve.

Start? Rams boards have made trolling about Bradford a full time profession already.

Fisher will figure it out. He did not come to the Rams to be mediocre. Bradford may become what he needs to, or lots of draft picks to play w next year.

Interestingly enough, they Rams had interest from other teams to trade Bradford. The details were never fully revealed but I think they could got a pretty fair offer. They CHOSE Bradford over RG3. Its a huge boost of confidence for Sam. He is their guy. Sam hasn't been the problem, he's part of the solution. We wouldn't got as much for Bradford, but how much better would RG3 really have made us? The jury is still out. I'm glad we beat the Skins last year, though, plus RG3 tore his ACL.

RedAlice

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3uut7s65 said:
mr.stlouis":3uut7s65 said:
dunceface":3uut7s65 said:
I'm almost looking forward to the games against the rams as much as the niners games this year!

Last years games were close so it will be interesting to see if our oline can fare any better against your beastly d line and see how your offense (QB) can do against an even scarier secondary this year

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks win the division this year, especially if Harvin can come back strong. So far, the Rams have had no significant injuries and I sure hope it stays that way.

Niners have been smacked with some very bad injuries on offense. I look for them to fade this year, but come back strong next year.

The only thing that saved you last year was Akers. Watching him miss those kicks he use to do in his sleep made me wonder if he was on the Rams payroll. Yes we have injuries but if you plan to wait for us to "fade" you may be waiting a long time. By the way welcome to the Net, these guys are actually pretty cool, well as cool as Hawk fans can be.....lol

Oh yay. The tired Bradford debate and now the tired Niner excuses as to why they couln't beat the Rams last season. Akers missed and made exactly the same amount of kicks as Z. I can list all of your excuses by rote at this point. Doesn't matter - that is last year. We are onto this year.

I don't think either Niners or Hawks will fade. I expect a full on battle and great games for all three teams (and some for the Cards as well) this season.

pinksheets

Reaction score
mr.stlouis, you want to click the "quote" button UNDER the post you're trying to quote, not above. I was wondering what you were doing. :lol:

RedAlice

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3pveif75 said:
RedAlice":3pveif75 said:
Nothing. Not Suh. Not anyone could have saved the Rams from the Hell that was Spag. Nothing.

Typical Niner fan here. That was THE ONLY thing that saved us? Our defense OWNED your offense in week 13. Heck the Rams defense scored 8 points that game. Now the Niners won't even be as good as last year.

Maybe next year your Niners will have a shot. You've lost more talent than you've gained this offseason. Rams will have a better season than the Niners if we don't catch the injury bug like you did. Bet on it!

I'm thinking you meant to quote the Niner fan....

I've already been through all of the excuses with Niner fans on their board. Topic is over to me. And, I gained respect for several of their fans who said intelligent things beyond the excuses.

Fact is though - that was last year. We are onto this year.

eta: I'm kind of surprised we are still in the main forum with this thread topic.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
pinksheets":1ya5pj1w said:
mr.stlouis, you want to click the "quote" button UNDER the post you're trying to quote, not above. I was wondering what you were doing. :lol:
haha yeah I'm not use to that! I operate out of instinct :lol:

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1u7k9kmg said:
mr.stlouis":1u7k9kmg said:
dunceface":1u7k9kmg said:

Typical Niner fan here. That was THE ONLY thing that saved us? Our defense OWNED your offense in week 13. Heck the Rams defense scored 8 points that game. Now the Niners won't even be as good as last year.

Maybe next year your Niners will have a shot. You've lost more talent than you've gained this offseason. Rams will have a better season than the Niners if we don't catch the injury bug like you did. Bet on it!

(I got'em this time! :D )

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice to have another Rams fan to help drown out the 49er noise. :D

I tend to overestimate your team for this year I think you'll surprise many. Remains to be seen how the season goes, but at the very least I know you'll play us tough (and sweep the Niners).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3g9f591b said:
plus RG3 tore his ACL.

RG3 would not have torn his ACL if he had been drafted by you guys. The horrible field that claimed his ACL also claimed our best pass rusher's ACL, too. That place is a craphole. Hell, RG3 tore his ACL just trying to plant his foot, untouched by anyone.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The Rams have been trotting out subpar (read: shitty) offensive lines for a while now and getting quarterbacks rattled as a result. Look at what you guys did to poor Marc "The Bandit" Bulger! He was a solid player until the perpetual shellacking he took in St. Louis. Think Bradford is nervous back there? Damaged goods?

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":27k491xy said:
The Rams have been trotting out subpar (read: shitty) offensive lines for a while now and getting quarterbacks rattled as a result. Look at what you guys did to poor Marc "The Bandit" Bulger! He was a solid player until the perpetual shellacking he took in St. Louis. Think Bradford is nervous back there? Damaged goods?

Yep! Never really did replace Orlando Pace, or any other member of the "Greatest Show on Turf." Bradford hasn't been hurt like Bulger. Bulger had everything from concussions to bruised ribs. Bradford had a bad ankle injury in 2011 which had no affect on him in 2012. But it's all good now! Heck, with a break from the injury bug, the Rams could have a top tier OL this year.

J. Long - Chris Williams- Scott Wells - Harvey Dahl - Saffold

Barrett Jones in reserves

Looks great don't it? :D

Not to mention Austin taking a slant to the house would help anybody's confidence. I'm sure you're starting to smell the roses now. :p

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":3oas5nms said:
mr.stlouis":3oas5nms said:
Hello Seahawk fans!You guys look to have a high quality forum here. I expect a very competitive division race within the highly respected NFCW this year. I assure you I am no troll, but am very passionate of the Rams. I look forward to exchanging opinions of our two teams this year. It's gonna be a great year beingwe are fans of teams in the toughest division in football. It's amazing how much our teams have grown over the last 3 seasons.

Lol fair enough! We did pretty well against them last year. :twisted:
This time actually do what you should have in "The Stick" and I see 9-7 for you. If Bradford actually progresses 10-6 and a wildcard berth....maybe. You have a good team but I think you are still a year away only because of the division you are in.

Welcome to .net btw.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ncswpe0h said:
Rams are still a 7-9 team in my eyes. Not buying the hype as long as Bradford is the QB.

Amazing how people ignore a shitty OL when a QB isn't doing well. Bradford is one of the most accurate passers in the game when given time to through. He's pretty damn smart too. I do believe their OL has potential to improve with the tackle they drafted. Time will tell.

In the meantime, their defense gives them a chance in any game.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":t0q1s0fj said:
CodeWarrior":t0q1s0fj said:

Yep! Never really did replace Orlando Pace, or any other member of the "Greatest Show on Turf." Bradford hasn't been hurt like Bulger. Bulger had everything from concussions to bruised ribs. Bradford had a bad ankle injury in 2011 which had no affect on him in 2012. But it's all good now! Heck, with a break from the injury bug, the Rams could have a top tier OL this year.

J. Long - Chris Williams- Scott Wells - Harvey Dahl - Saffold

Barrett Jones in reserves

Looks great don't it? :D

Not to mention Austin taking a slant to the house would help anybody's confidence. I'm sure you're starting to smell the roses now. :p

Not trying to keep harping on you and the OL subject, but how many games and at what performance level are you expecting out of Jake Long this year?

Hawks46

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":18jn80zi said:
Bradford is a very sensitive topic among Rams fans. Some would side with you whole heatedly, I assure you.

My personal belief is he hasn't had the supporting cast to be successful. Our OL has been musical chairs the last few years, and the only guy he could truly rely on to get open and make plays was Ammendola (He was always hurt.)

Our OL is very talented now with the addition of J. Long... but its suspect to injuries. We are crossing our fingers here.

Weapons? We have not seen the likes of this arsenal for a decade. Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Cook, Quick, and Givens look to bloster our core of pass catchers. Saying I strongly believe in this group is an understatement.

Our defense: Same guys barring LB Ogletree and some young safeties. Reports from camp are very promising for Ogltree. It's top 10 for sure. Tied for league lead in sacks lacks year with 52. CB Jenkins had 3 defensive scores as a rookie.

I got the Rams pegged for 9-11 wins this year. It's hard to say if that's enough in this division, but I anticipate them being strongly in the hunt.

I would agree here, but be careful: relying on 2 rookies to turn around an offense could be painful the beginning of the season. You're still stronger on Defense than Offense, but if everything goes right for you (Jake Long stays healthy, rookie WRs turn out well) then you guys will be tough. Your DL scares me more than any other in the league. I think we an exploit your rookie Safety, just like SF's, and you have to hope Jenkins won't implode with success.

nsport

Reaction score
Since this post is 100% about Bradford, can it be moved to the appropriate forum please?

RamzFanz

Reaction score
JSeahawks":391a1h17 said:
Rams are still a 7-9 team in my eyes. Not buying the hype as long as Bradford is the QB.

I think this is a common perception from the casual observer. Based on W/L record alone, I get it. Of course, many great QBs like Steve Young and on and on went through rough starts and/or rough spots on bad teams.

Here's why I think you're wrong:

-He was the NFLs offensive rookie of the year on a lousy offense in a new scheme. In his first eight games he scored eleven TDs, which tied an NFL record—held by Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger. He set a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie at 169. He became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory. He is the only Rookie QB to have been named rookie of the month twice consecutively. He beat Peyton Manning's record for most attempted AND most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan. His addition elevated the Rams from the league's worst at 1-15 to 7-9.

-He took Danny Amendola, an UDFA receiver who had been cut from two different teams in two years, and made him a star because he was the only receiver that could catch.

-While his 2011 sucked because of unprecedented team wide injuries and a team so bad 35 players weren't even in the NFL the next season, last season, in a new scheme again, he out-performed his rookie season with another lousy offense.

-The last eight games he had a 101+ QB rating in the red zone with few red zone tools to work with. That's higher than Manning and Rodgers during the same period.

The Rams had a 7-8-1 record last season because they had the worst starting field position in the NFL. They had the second most penalties. They were the youngest team in football with rookies all over the field. Amendola was out 5 games and in a back brace and playing injured most of the season. They were in a new scheme with a new OC again and they had the 4th toughest schedule in football. He STILL lead the Rams to a 4-1-1 divisional record and nearly a winning record.

If he could win at all and set so many records on a team with a horrible O line, few targets, and a new OC and scheme every season, he could explode on a team with a decent line, lots of targets, and a consistent scheme. Add in that they are switching to a fast paced offense with more of a spread offense like he excelled in during college, and it could be Bradford's perfect storm.

I'm 90% sure the Bradford doubters are wrong and I'm 99% sure if he stays healthy, this is the season he proves it. Fisher has fired or released or refused to make a counter offer to the vast majority of Rams players who were here when he arrived. Yet he came to STL in large part because Bradford is here, he kept Bradford and passed on RGKnee, and he's building a team that fits Bradford like a glove. That says a LOT to me.

By the time the Rams play the Hawks in the Edward Jones Dome week 8, you'll know if I'm right.

Latest posts