Quinton Dunbar traded to the Seahawks,

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3gp46lt3 said:
Seymour":3gp46lt3 said:
Flowers is done....Dunbar is better than Griffin.
Ummm. Not even close glassesboy. He's a SLOT corner.

Do some research then popoff. :roll:

John63

Reaction score
Okay now this gets me a little excited. High value, high potential low risk.

tersal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3u3xwnlh said:
jammerhawk":3u3xwnlh said:
For a safety conversion to NFL starting CB in one season, with a sophomore regression, methinks a few here are being a tad hard on CB- Flowers. He was drafted in the 5th rd. @ pick 146

Let's wait and watch his 3rd season. The curve is trending very upward.
With all due respect, how was Flowers play tending upwards. His play got progressively worse towards the end of the year and he sucked in the playoffs. Let him learn in the film room and on the practice field. IMO he is trending towards Tharold Simon 2.0.
Flowers grade was 72.3 or around that area consider the poor pass rush and safety play and he was ok. The playoff loss to GB lingers on a lot of minds. TRE is not bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nunya":kfdmuuxy said:
Sports Hernia":kfdmuuxy said:
jammerhawk":kfdmuuxy said:
For a safety conversion to NFL starting CB in one season, with a sophomore regression, methinks a few here are being a tad hard on CB- Flowers. He was drafted in the 5th rd. @ pick 146

With all due respect, how was Flowers play tending upwards. His play got progressively worse towards the end of the year and he sucked in the playoffs. Let him learn in the film room and on the practice field. IMO he is trending towards Tharold Simon 2.0.

If we develop a pass rush, it will make all the DBs better. It is tough to cover when the QB has all day to throw a pass.
True, but it’s also hard to defend a pass when you don’t see it because you refuse to turn you head when the ball is coming.

tersal

Reaction score
Seafan":yrv7p599 said:
Dunbar is an outstanding slot corner but looks to be a shut down boundary corner as well. John just fixed the Hawk secondary.
One thing that did not get enough attention was how much the loss of Justin Coleman hurt he played very well as a slot corner. The Hawks never really replaced him last season. Maybe Amadi may have worked out in 2020 however if healthy Dunbar will start there.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
tersal":w176f2jg said:
Seafan":w176f2jg said:
Dunbar is an outstanding slot corner but looks to be a shut down boundary corner as well. John just fixed the Hawk secondary.
One thing that did not get enough attention was how much the loss of Justin Coleman hurt he played very well as a slot corner. The Hawks never really replaced him last season. Maybe Amadi may have worked out in 2020 however if healthy Dunbar will start there.

Dunbar should push for a starting spot immediately.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":5hpl64px said:

I seem to remember last year all kinds on the board were all over Flowers being so awesome and Griffin sucking it up his sophomore year. That turned out OK. I am excited for Flowers and his 3rd year. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Flowers was pretty dinged up at the end of the season also, we had no depth to replace a hurt guy that was better.

Granted a lot of players play hurt, but no depth does not help a guy and a team play as well as they could.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How is Flowers trending upwards?

The team has reported they like Flowers development. The team believes his understanding of the role of a CB is trending upwards. This guy never played CB until 2 seasons ago. After that rookie season this small school SS conversion to CB many here thought he was far superior to Griffin who had been superior as a RCB when Sherman was still here. Now Flowers sucks just like Griffin apparently sucked? Whatever! The hyperbole goes on and on around here. If the player isn't an instant All Pro or has to undergo a learning curve then they suck.

Given the lack of a pass rush none of the the Hawks CBs are getting much support that several of their predecessors enjoyed.

Dunbar's addition certainly bring the team a potentially high quality CB adding to the depth. I believe the team has a cadre of high quality CBs. Now for some pass rush improvement.

kf3339

Reaction score
A very good trade! Helps to solidify our defensive backfield!

Now lets see some action on our DE issue!

seabowl

Reaction score
It's the QD secondary. Duncan & Diggs. Imagine we'd have signed Jefferson. Three Quintons on D.

Nunya

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":px2bcqkh said:
Nunya":px2bcqkh said:
Sports Hernia":px2bcqkh said:
jammerhawk":px2bcqkh said:

If we develop a pass rush, it will make all the DBs better. It is tough to cover when the QB has all day to throw a pass.
True, but it’s also hard to defend a pass when you don’t see it because you refuse to turn you head when the ball is coming.

Is that the metric for pass or fail for a DB? If is then every DB is a failure. Besides QB, the DB position is one of the toughest position to play. They have to anticipate the moves of another player BEFORE the player even makes it. Hard to do. Every DB has been burnt and when they do a lot of time all they can do is put their hands up and hope they get lucky. Not making excuses for Flowers, there is improvement that can be made. However, there has been improvement and hopefully there will be more.

Kinger95

Reaction score
I’m curious tho, if I’m Dunbar and I have to play out the whole season on the same contract what does he gain? Heck there’s even more risk now that he’s on a new team and might not duplicate his success from last season. IMO this makes not a lot of sense from dunbars position unless he’s getting a restructured deal or an extension?

Nunya

Reaction score
Kinger95":dx9ynjqu said:
I’m curious tho, if I’m Dunbar and I have to play out the whole season on the same contract what does he gain? Heck there’s even more risk now that he’s on a new team and might not duplicate his success from last season. IMO this makes not a lot of sense from dunbars position unless he’s getting a restructured deal or an extension?

Out of DC

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Nunya":3a11vu4l said:
Kinger95":3a11vu4l said:

Out of DC

Not only that, but he's going to a contender team known for having a player-friendly coach who specializes in developing defensive backs, including a hall of famer who had a freakishly similar career path to him.

Really good situation for him heading into a contract year

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":qv42hp67 said:
Jazzhawk":qv42hp67 said:
Don't be so quick to dismiss Flowers. Dunbar has played a lot of Nickle in his career too.
I don’t want to see Flowers on the field until he proves he can get his head turned and play the ball on a consistent basis.

You wanted shaq gone too then? He was 2nd worst cb in year 2 in all of the league. He doesn't pick the ball off really. People love to quit on ppl anymore right away.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This is great news I've been saying since the season ended that regardless of what happens on the D-line Seattle's secondary had to be upgraded. This should really help.

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Quote from WalterFootball: https://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php
"This might be the most lopsided trade we've seen this offseason without Bill O'Brien being involved."

"The Seahawks are huge winners. They've needed a No. 1 cornerback to replace Richard Sherman for a couple of years now, and they finally have one. Dunbar is good enough to get the team over the hump in regard to advancing deep into the playoffs. This is a no-brainer A+ for them."

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Nunya":3sz8053h said:
Sports Hernia":3sz8053h said:
jammerhawk":3sz8053h said:

A good secondary translates into a better pass rush too.