QB market. Russ + Bucs or (barf) Steelers?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":22purbve said:
Sgt. Largent":22purbve said:
John63":22purbve said:
Sgt. Largent":22purbve said:

Hm let start with first thing first

"Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, "

"but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

So again he had not demanded a trade. He said only if these are the teams he would consider. Now, why would he say that? Oh yea because the media has been saying the Hawks want to trade him for years. Also notice no quotes only one person saying what another said

And gain Wilson is not the one who through anything out. NOw did Ciara so lets stop making crap up shall we.

Now find quotes where Wilson or Ciara says they want to leave till then you got nothing.

I said "teams Russ threw out last year." I said nothing about Russ demanding a trade........and if you don't think he and Ciara are discussing possible trade teams and cities together, you're obviously not married.

There's no way in hell they aren't discussing this topic with each other.

So in other words no proof just assumptions got it

I posted the article in the Hawk's own Fieldgulls site showing that Russell did indeed throw out four teams he'd be OK with being traded to.

You can argue with me over why he picked those four teams, but he did it. Or he told his agent to do it.

So idk what you're even arguing about.

Maybe he loves him some Pittsburgh, but I doubt it. The four teams seem to reflect media markets he and Ciara would like to live, not whether they're good teams. Obviously if he included the Bears and a dying Saints team.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jxtqgz3 said:
John63":1jxtqgz3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1jxtqgz3 said:
John63":1jxtqgz3 said:

"but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

So again he had not demanded a trade. He said only if these are the teams he would consider. Now, why would he say that? Oh yea because the media has been saying the Hawks want to trade him for years. Also notice no quotes only one person saying what another said

And gain Wilson is not the one who through anything out. NOw did Ciara so lets stop making crap up shall we.

Now find quotes where Wilson or Ciara says they want to leave till then you got nothing.

I said "teams Russ threw out last year." I said nothing about Russ demanding a trade........and if you don't think he and Ciara are discussing possible trade teams and cities together, you're obviously not married.

I posted the article in the Hawk's own Fieldgulls site showing that Russell did indeed throw out four teams he'd be OK with being traded to.

You can argue with me over why he picked those four teams, but he did it. Or he told his agent to do it.

Maybe he loves him some Pittsburgh, but I doubt it. The four teams seem to reflect media markets he and Ciara would like to live, not whether they're good teams. Obviously if he included the Bears and a dying Saints team.

Unless you were in the same bedroom with Mr. and Mrs. Wilson when they discussed their future, in John63's mind, you have no proof. For that matter, you better have a video showing all three of you together, otherwise, you have no proof, again according to John. Just because Wilson's agent named four destinations, according to John63, those four destination came from agent not Wilson, it's no proof that Wilson wanted those four, agent could have made it up. One have to be in awe of how John's mind works, right?

Since we are operating on absolute 'proof', logical detections are not allowed. May be we could assume John is a virgin as we were all born that way, and there is no proof of changes, even if he has a partner, he could still be virgin as NO PROOF.

Unlike John, he had and may still has direct access to sideline conversations among HC, OC, QB. We just don't have that kind of 'proof'.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
None of us know, it's all speculation. But it's certainly a possibility that he gets traded. Still feels about 60/40 that he stays. Regardless what anyone here wants or believes, NONE of us know what truly is going on behind closed doors.
If it happens, you get a haul and move forward.
If he stays, you build from the trenches and move forward.
That being said, if John doesn't actually think there is some legit friction, he's sadly mistaken. Friction between a franchise QB and the front office is something that has been going on for decades.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dd8i3w2 said:
None of us know, it's all speculation. But it's certainly a possibility that he gets traded. Still feels about 60/40 that he stays. Regardless what anyone here wants or believes, NONE of us know what truly is going on behind closed doors.
If it happens, you get a haul and move forward.
If he stays, you build from the trenches and move forward.
That being said, if John doesn't actually think there is some legit friction, he's sadly mistaken. Friction between a franchise QB and the front office is something that has been going on for decades.

Gonna call on your claim, on behalf of John63:

DO YOU HAVE PROOF?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Proof of what? I think there is friction, clearly there is.
This entire subject is old, but it's not going away, so here we go.........
Shoot, do we trust this front office to actually use those picks for the RIGHT players in the 1st round??? I certainly don't.

Sorry about the whole no proof thing John :snack:

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2muswdxd said:
John63":2muswdxd said:
Sgt. Largent":2muswdxd said:
John63":2muswdxd said:

Lets try it again

Wee in your link is there a quote saying Wilson said anything? You get what Shecfter says his Agent said.

Okay now lets do what you are doing a ASSUME

this is what Shefter said

"Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, his agent Mark Rodgers told ESPN. Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants to play in Seattle but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

So Wilsons agent says Wilson say he does not want to be traded. But if Seattle wanted to here is where I would conder

So again where did Ciara say anything? Were did Wilson say anything? You have shefter saying his agent said it but no quotes.

So again where did WILSON say it last year? He never did. For all, you know if true his agent spoke out of turn and got reamed by Wilson. It has happened before.

No Quote form Wilson or Ciara you have nothing but assumptions

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm sure John63 talks to Futures, Sienna's and Win's teachers and gets the down low, who are you kidding.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1wtl6w1t said:
I'm sure John63 talks to Futures, Sienna's and Win's teachers and gets the down low, who are you kidding.

I am telling ya Chris, this John63 is with Russ always, in his bedroom, bathroom, always.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":k3sfig8u said:
Lets try it again

Wee in your link is there a quote saying Wilson said anything? You get what Shecfter says his Agent said.

Lol. What, you think Mark Rodgers went rogue and just decided to tweet out Russ's four approved teams for his no trade but sorta trade thing last year? Or how bout when he went on Dan Patrick's show and said the Hawks have been fielding trade calls, and then proceeded to throw his O-line under the bus.

Did Mark Rodgers also go rogue two weeks ago when he said Russ is "exploring his options?"

Congrats John, in a forum full of homers........you sir are king homer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The way him and this team has been coached, I'd want out too. There is some friction w/out a doubt. Not sure why John refuses to at least acknowledge that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":j1og2kfy said:
The way him and this team has been coached, I'd want out to. There is some friction w/out a doubt. Not sure why John refuses to at least acknowledge that.

Coached into a top 5 QB who's won more games than anyone in their first 11 years in the league ever and is going to be putting on a gold jacket when he retires?

Yeah, how dare Pete coach Russell so terribly wasting his career like that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even close to my point at all. If you think this has been a very well coached team, have at it. Russ has had a hell of a lot more to do with that winning percentage than Pete has. He has saved Pete's ass countless times over the years, along with guys making huge plays with the game on the line.
Pete's blatant refusal to adjust and/or actually put the pedal down with a lead has been pretty damn bad over the years. Think what you want, I'll stick to my opinion.
Pete has been an average coach for a while now. But please, continue to act like HE is the main reason Russ has won more games than ANY QB over his first 10 years. Has be been a part of it? Absolutely.
And let me guess, the lack of playoff wins and the Hawks getting outcoached OVER AND OVER again has nothing to do with a formerly great Pete Carroll? And Russ has absolutely needed to play better in the playoff games, he's not w/out fault or criticism. But how many times do we have to see Pete get outcoached before we realize he is way past his time as a great coach? Especially in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2n2a8ue5 said:
Not even close to my point at all. If you think this has been a very well coached team, have at it. Russ has had a hell of a lot more to do with that winning percentage than Pete has. He has saved Pete's ass countless times over the years, along with guys making huge plays with the game on the line.
Pete's blatant refusal to adjust and/or actually put the pedal down with a lead has been pretty damn bad over the years. Think what you want, I'll stick to my opinion.
Pete has been an average coach for a while now. But please, continue to act like HE is the main reason Russ has won more games than ANY QB over his first 10 years. Has be been a part of it? Absolutely.
And let me guess, the lack of playoff wins and the Hawks getting outcoached OVER AND OVER again has nothing to do with a formerly great Pete Carroll? And Russ has absolutely needed to play better in the playoff games, he's not w/out fault or criticism. But how many times do we have to see Pete get outcoached before we realize his is way past his time as a great coach? Especially in the playoffs.

I think I've been as vocal as anybody on here about it being time for Pete to go.

But to say he's not coached Russell well or hasn't used him correctly IMO is a false narrative. I think over the past year we've learned that letting Russell cook isn't the best idea, and that Pete has been using his skillset correctly.

I'm annoyed about how Russell and his agent have leaked out all this nonsense, and then Russell sits in front of a microphone telling everyone he loves Seattle and wants to play here another 20 years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to 2022, this shocks you? You can't fart w/out it being put out there.
All in how you look at it. Oh well, it's just football talk. We all have our opinions.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18ob9iws said:
The way him and this team has been coached, I'd want out too. There is some friction w/out a doubt. Not sure why John refuses to at least acknowledge that.

I never said there was not any friction. I just said I think there is not as much as the media says. Wilson is also not the first Player PC has had friction with and will not be the last.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gi2n1yt said:
And let me guess, the lack of playoff wins and the Hawks getting outcoached OVER AND OVER again has nothing to do with a formerly great Pete Carroll? And Russ has absolutely needed to play better in the playoff games, he's not w/out fault or criticism. But how many times do we have to see Pete get outcoached before we realize his is way past his time as a great coach? Especially in the playoffs.

This^^^

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Back to the point of the thread, Pitts seems like a pretty good fit. I can see him wanting to go to a higher profile team. And there is nothing wrong with that. Shoot, you wanna' win. He would immediately be in a MUCH better position, coaching wise.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I see we still have the 'Pete's a horrible coach and hobbling Russ' mindset here. I'd think the last few games vindicates Pete more than Russ. A strong running game and stout defense is a recipe for success for Wilson. Hell... the 49'ers probably win last week AND in two weeks if Wilson is their QB and they run that scheme. If Russell is really worried about his legacy, he oughta buy back in to Pete Ball and win it all again next season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How do you explain the team getting outcoached on a regular basis? Especially in the playoffs since they lost 49?