QB market. Russ + Bucs or (barf) Steelers?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, with Brady and the un-mentionable one gone - are you worried about Russ going to one of those teams??

I have to admit, other than Ariens, and the Brady/Gronk show - I don't know 'alot' about the Bucs. And, for all my hatred, I don't actually know that much about the Steelers.

I'm kinda worried about it in general - ya know, with them just keeping the band together recently and all.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Either place is probably preferable to Russ than Seattle. Tampa is stacked across the line. Pretty much set everywhere. Steelers have a great RB, receivers, and TE. Oline sucks, but he's used to that. Tomlins never had a losing season. I could see either one of them being a possible destination.

keasley45

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":e654qeow said:
People do understand Russ can't just 'go' somewhere, right?

I think most people get that. But I think the truth of the matter is, that given Pete's recent about face on his perception of the RW situation, if Russ is interested in pursuing his career elsewhere, I think it's safe to assume the Hawks FO will look to get him there and pull the highest possible compensation in return. This past season is proof of what you'll get with an unhappy Russ in '22. I don't think they're interested in repeating that.

Also dont think Russ is interested in Pittsburgh. They're a relatively 'blue collar' market, without the base to move his brand like a NY would and play a style a football similar to what Seattle does.

I think he'd be intrigued to follow Brady because if he succeeds even in just one year, it elevates his legacy as being in the same sphere as the GOAT - ie Russ could have done what Brady did over his career if only he'd had a better supporting cast. He'd 'prove' a career worth of untapped greatness in a single season. Particularly coming off of a season where Bradys team was beaten.

The question woukd be whether Arians, knowing what he does of RW, would be interested in giving up the kitchen to get him.

nwHawk

Reaction score
And I think Pete and the Seahawks front office are fed up with Russell’s agent, at the very least. It’ll be interesting to see how far “protect the team” goes before Pete says enough is enough.

Elemas

Reaction score
I need the links to these sources. I mean, I read the media posts and articles that have “…unnamed sources”. But, I recall Russ saying he wants to stay in Seattle and win more SBs here.

But what do I know.

toffee

Reaction score
As a Russell homer, the first question would be: Which team deserves our HOF QB at his prime. I meant with Brady retiring and Rodgers aging, which team would not sell their soul to have Russ? so its a matter which one of them deserves Russ. The list narrows down to NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, and Vegas. The Jets sucks, so they are out, Rams have no picks to trade up for Russ, they are out too. So it would have to be Giants, Bears, Chargers, Raiders and Dolphins. Russ's agent listed Bears, Raiders on his original list, I think he will agree to Chargers? Not sure about Giants and Dolphins.

John63

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of crap being made up by the media and people on this forum. For example, we'll just know what we get with an unhappy Wilson. Seems like anyone with any common sense might think an injury on his throwing hand might have more to do with it than anything else. But again that is people with common sense.

As to the rest what we know from the people involved directly is Wilson wants to stay and the team wants him. That's all we know. The rest is made up, unsubstantiated or wishful thinking.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":28316gzf said:
People do understand Russ can't just 'go' somewhere, right?

He has more ability to just go somewhere than most people think. It would be fairly easy to force a trade, and his no trade clause protects him from going anywhere except the team he chooses.

xray

Reaction score
If Wilson wants out he will go . The Hawks won't force him to stay . Disgruntled QB's can't be trusted when it really counts . Look at Rodgers for an example .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, that's YOUR version. But you are consistent. Russ is Satan, Russ doesn't want to be here, Russ Sucks, Russ hates Seattle, Russ only cares about his brand etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From the teams Russ threw out last year, he and Ciara seem far more concerned about media market than whether the organization or team is good or not.

So I highly doubt Pittsburgh would be on their short list.

Nor does the Steelers have the draft capital to make this happen. It's another fanbase that's dreaming.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zq5pqnz said:
From the teams Russ threw out last year, he and Ciara seem far more concerned about media market than whether the organization or team is good or not.

Nor does the Steelers have the draft capital to make this happen. It's another fanbase that's dreaming.

when last year did Wilson throughout teams? When did Ciara throughout teams? Please show me the links of Wilson or Ciara throwing out teams last year?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":lswwjspg said:
Sgt. Largent":lswwjspg said:

when last year did Wilson throughout teams? When did Ciara throughout teams? Please show me the links of Wilson or Ciara throwing out teams last year?

Is this really news to you?

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/2/223 ... e-seahawks

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ytb93at said:
Well, that's YOUR version. But you are consistent. Russ is Satan, Russ doesn't want to be here, Russ Sucks, Russ hates Seattle, Russ only cares about his brand etc.

come on, Russell Wilson is a Saint, children hospitals, charities, he is a Saint.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he's just a good dude and a hell of a QB, far from perfect. But hey, do your 24/7 bashing of the guy. It's good entertainment.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19nhg19g said:
John63":19nhg19g said:
Sgt. Largent":19nhg19g said:

Hm let start with first thing first

"Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, "

"but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

So again he had not demanded a trade. He said only if these are the teams he would consider. Now, why would he say that? Oh yea because the media has been saying the Hawks want to trade him for years. Also notice no quotes only one person saying what another said

And gain Wilson is not the one who through anything out. NOw did Ciara so lets stop making crap up shall we.

Now find quotes where Wilson or Ciara says they want to leave till then you got nothing.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Who has the picks, the cap space, the "almost there team," and the environment that would make a deal work?

The Raiders are the team I see as most likely, with all the necessary pieces, and with the signing of McDaniels and Ziegler, it seems like they would be a QB friendly destination. Of course, McDaniels history in Denver might give Russ pause.

Cutting Carr would give them close to 40 million of cap space.

Of course McDaniels has been tied to Carr in the past, but I imagine Davis would be happier making an off-season splash play at QB, to get all the media attention back on the Raiders.

Denver has the picks and a fairly similar cap situation, but I just don't see them as a destination that Russ and Ciara would be happy with.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2nksubh2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2nksubh2 said:
John63":2nksubh2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2nksubh2 said:

"but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

So again he had not demanded a trade. He said only if these are the teams he would consider. Now, why would he say that? Oh yea because the media has been saying the Hawks want to trade him for years. Also notice no quotes only one person saying what another said

And gain Wilson is not the one who through anything out. NOw did Ciara so lets stop making crap up shall we.

Now find quotes where Wilson or Ciara says they want to leave till then you got nothing.

I said "teams Russ threw out last year." I said nothing about Russ demanding a trade........and if you don't think he and Ciara are discussing possible trade teams and cities together, you're obviously not married.

There's no way in hell they aren't discussing this topic with each other.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wpn37zy said:
John63":2wpn37zy said:
Sgt. Largent":2wpn37zy said:
John63":2wpn37zy said:

I said "teams Russ threw out last year." I said nothing about Russ demanding a trade........and if you don't think he and Ciara are discussing possible trade teams and cities together, you're obviously not married.

There's no way in hell they aren't discussing this topic with each other.

So in other words no proof just assumptions got it

Latest posts