QB 2024, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

QB 2004, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd welcome Russ back as a 3rd stringer on a vet minimum contract in 2024. He might be able to provide some mentorship to our 2023 rookie QB draftee. If he doesn't get cut in training camp, that is.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I'd welcome Russ back as a 3rd stringer on a vet minimum contract in 2024. He might be able to provide some mentorship to our 2023 rookie QB draftee. If he doesn't get cut in training camp, that is.
I have been talking up Geno since the trade, I started multiple positive threads on Geno. But I won't put Geno and Wilson in the same category, based on their past and current record. Geno has to make MAJOR stepping up to be close to what Russ could do in the past.
I am very surprised by Russ' poor two games, if this is a true reflection of current Russ which I don't think so, I wouldn't want him back. Even if he could be somewhat better than Geno, but Russ is expensive and divisive.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
No way. Could you imagine having to pay him 45 mil a year for the next 5 years? The broncos will get worst each year

Maui12thman

Reaction score
I highly doubt Russell will even play out his full contract. I don’t know the structure, but I see him becoming a cap casualty eventually.

Vesuve

Reaction score
This is pure off season boredom thread.

We are rocking with Geno and Lock in '22, we might sign or draft a future QB in '23. If whoever we drafted wasn't ready to rock in '23 and still need more clipboard time in '24?

Meantime, Russ will have the freedom to cook however he wants in '22. If Broncos finishes last in their division, chef Russ's cooking privileges in '23 will be dialed back, an unhappy Russ will rally his media army against his HC.

All that could mean Denver wouldn't renew Russ's contract and we still need a stop gap veteran QB.

A reunion?
This is not the way life works - it's called a divorce - and Russ (may peace be in him) has declined in more than one way.