QB 2024, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

QB 2004, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Think you should fix the title. He can't come back in 2004 unless we have a way back machine. I don't want him back now nor back in 2004 when he was a teenager.
I tried and tried, but it's no possible. Totally messed it up, my bad.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
No. His best years are behind him, and the decline has been apparent the past couple of seasons. By 2024 his game will be even further gone.

We tended to over rate what Russ was - a very good Pro Bowl calibre quarterback; but he wasn't/isn't that 1st team All-Pro MVP type of QB like Brady/Rodgers who are enough of a singular force to carry teams through their late 30s into their 40s.
the title has a typo and the app isn't allow me to change it. Messed up, my bad.

But you nailed the whole Wilson problem, he "might" not be an first team all pro MVP type, but Russ won't accept it. To Russ and his people, itwas the PeteBall, the OL, the OCs, etc. that has been the blocks that 'prevented' him from reaching his potential.

Mix

Reaction score
Russ would get paid enough to immediately close our window again if he came back.

keasley45

Reaction score
I wouldn't be up for it, nor would the FO, i don't think.

Russ has become a player with little more to offer than what he already has. When he was here, things ran through him because so much of what the team had become was either a result of building around him, and impact on the cap due to his salary.

Now that he's gone, I think the team will become something entirely different. Something entirely 'non Russ'. He's no the kind of guy you can just plug into a system.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
27 NO, 1 YES.
I think we can assume that dot net has spoken on Wilson returning in 2024 :)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't think there's much point. I'm not bitter about Wilson leaving. We won a SB with him at the helm and many seasons of excitement. He's not Griffey. I don't need to see him play as a geriatric.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm grateful for what Russ did while he was here. But it's become pretty clear that, for whatever reason, things between him and Pete/John had gotten to the point where he needed to go elsewhere. Time for us to move on.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I voted yes to the "QB 2004, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?"

.... because it would be awesome to see a 16 year old Russ quarterback for the Seahawks. And finish the season at 9-7.

chrispy

Reaction score
2 years is a long time in the NFL. There are lots of things that could happen between now and then that could convince the majority either way. Most of those things probably won't happen, but there are a lot of variables. It's probably more likely that we'll have something unexpected happen than everything being predictable. Most probably, Denver middles through the AFCW for the next 2 years and then RW wants a huge contract- so... hard pass there.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I voted yes to the "QB 2004, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?"

.... because it would be awesome to see a 16 year old Russ quarterback for the Seahawks. And finish the season at 9-7.
My bad, but even so, it's 43-3. and the 3 includes your 2004 vote lol.