QB 2024, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

QB 2004, would you welcome Russell Wilson back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 65 89.0%

• Total voters

toffee

Reaction score
This is pure off season boredom thread.

We are rocking with Geno and Lock in '22, we might sign or draft a future QB in '23. If whoever we drafted wasn't ready to rock in '23 and still need more clipboard time in '24?

Meantime, Russ will have the freedom to cook however he wants in '22. If Broncos finishes last in their division, chef Russ's cooking privileges in '23 will be dialed back, an unhappy Russ will rally his media army against his HC.

All that could mean Denver wouldn't renew Russ's contract and we still need a stop gap veteran QB.

A reunion?

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I’m good

Go let him be cringy and corny in Denver, they love that stuff apparently
in two years, unless a new contract or extension, Wilson's out of Denver. Although unlikely, it's not impossible for Wilson to be looking for job in 2024.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What?Why would I want an older and even slower
cooked up of a QB back?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Nope, pass.

The reason question is will he have a Byron Maxwell like run in Denver? If not, and he is great there why would he want to come back?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Surprisingly no one cared about the title 2004. I want Hasslebeck instead.

Throwdown

Reaction score
in two years, unless a new contract or extension, Wilson's out of Denver. Although unlikely, it's not impossible for Wilson to be looking for job in 2024.

Be that as it may, still it’s a hard unwaivering hell no if it was up to me letting him step foot back in Seattle without him being considered the opposition

BASF

Reaction score
Wish this had been created as a poll. The results would be interesting.

Definite no for me. I enjoyed watching Wilson play at NC State except when he played my Seminoles. I liked what I saw from him in the few Wisconsin games that I watched, and I was literally jumping up and down when we drafted him yelling, "We drafted Russell Wilson!" over and over. I watched his development from the time we drafted him and thought that he had become a complete player during the 2015 season where he was throwing the ball everywhere.

However, he has regressed back to the QB he was when he would eschew the middle of the field, and his personality will not allow himself to see that. He believes that he is something that he is not and he plays how he wants. How many times have you seen the reaction from the receivers where they are open and Wilson does not throw to them instead trying to take shots deeper than necessary. All while he is getting the credit for everything that goes right and shifts the blame to others. How do you think that makes his teammates and coaches feel? Especially as they sit there and watch the majority of the fan base not give them any credit.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No. Hell no. Jesus, no. **** no. Good Riddance - you can be the tail wagging the dog in Denver - until, like my wife says:

"Everyone goes to Denver to die." Kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Cya Russ!! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!

What, a year without treacly clips from his phone talking about how great he, and Ciara, and all his weirdly named kids are? I'll be fine.l

;)

KinesProf

Reaction score
No. His best years are behind him, and the decline has been apparent the past couple of seasons. By 2024 his game will be even further gone.

We tended to over rate what Russ was - a very good Pro Bowl calibre quarterback; but he wasn't/isn't that 1st team All-Pro MVP type of QB like Brady/Rodgers who are enough of a singular force to carry teams through their late 30s into their 40s.

Rainger

Reaction score
Think you should fix the title. He can't come back in 2004 unless we have a way back machine. I don't want him back now nor back in 2004 when he was a teenager.