Putting the Seahawks Losses into Perspective

QuahHawk

Reaction score
At 7-2 it seems we are a very suspect contender at the moment. We don't have a signature win. We have let bad teams put us in precarious position only to have the NFL MVP breath life back onto our chances. We may not have the killer instinct but there is no denying we have the confidence to go toe to toe with any team and we will not falter when behind.

The upcoming Monday night game is a huge game and it very well could be a key to a home playoff game. I don't think a loss ends our season by any means. We are so young, actually rated the 4th youngest at cut downs. We are only getting better. Now add another big Target for Russell and the continued stamina and health of Jaren Reed and Ziggy Ansah. Also add solid Safety in Quandre Diggs and we are on target to peak in the 4th quarter of this season.

What now more than ever stands out is that we have only lost 2 games. Hear that we have only lost two...TWO...that is 2 games. We didn't lose to the Bengals, Cardinals, or Browns. We lost to very legitimate teams. Both teams are currently the #2 Seeds in their respective Conferences and after a big win by the Ravens against New England they look like they may be the best team in the AFC. I know the 49ers have a better record but I think head to head the Saints are the better team and have won bigger games thus far.

So far this season has been a great ride. The wins although close have been exciting, the loses we have been in them until the last few mins. A few bounces in a different direction and they could have been wins. We are a contender. Just remember this in case we lose to the 49ers, I will not quite on this team. We are getting better and when you have the NFL MVP Russell Freaking Wilson under Center we can keep up with any team.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I absolutely love the optimism and agree that Russel is playing out of his mind, but I highly doubt we sniff a home playoff game this year. We have a very difficult schedule in front of us and are already down two on the Niners. IF we lose Monday, the division and the home playoff game it brings with it, will be almost out of reach. It is a prime time game though and we do have RW, so be prepared for anything.

I agree that Reed will continually improve as he continues to get his game shape back, but I don’t anticipate Ansah to improve marketability in the second half of the season.

We indeed have lost to two really good teams, but it’s concerning that we have lost to both at home. It wasn’t long ago, that you would pencil in 8 wins without even having to look at the opponent. Of course the flip side is that we are winning on the road even during the dreaded 10am starts. It should be an exciting second half of the season.