Pseudo Super Bowl Sunday, July, 6th on NFLN!

Hawks46

Reaction score
sutz":3sixrv1i said:
Funny how that game started out almost exactly like the SB, but in reverse. When Wilson was caught and the fumble forced, face it...we long time Seahawks fans were starting up the old, "Oh well, here we go again" thoughts.

Unlike the Donkeys, our guys came back and forced their will on the Ninnies. In so many ways, it was like a dawning of a new era-or at least we all hope. After that kind of clutch action, and how the team is built, it looks like we'll be a contender for several more years, at least, and that game kind of iced that thought. It wasn't the beginning of the turnaround, but it was a key moment in team history, when they finally got past the whole 'choking in big games' meme.

We had a real potential Romo moment there and overcame it.
;)

You know, it's funny, but at that first gaffe by Wilson I was like "c'mon Russ, you have to be smarter than that!" But I never had that "here we go again" feeling. I might've felt that way if the Niners scored a TD. And believe me, I'm usually the first person to say "bag it". I quit watching that divisional playoff round against the Falcons when were down like 17 in the 4th quarter. I was done, and pissed.

For a young team, our team is VERY strong emotionally. It could be Wilson's stabilizing influence, or the fact that they've done it over and over again. They came back agains the Falcons. They came back against the Texans, Bucs, etc. just this year and they've pulled out some close games. I honestly think that and our physicality was the biggest difference in the SB; the Donks had a pretty healthy average margin of victory. They've come back in a lot of close games, and also rallied from some large deficits. If the Donks had jumped on us early, I have no reservations that the Hawks would've rallied and at least fought the entire game.

Conversely, they've turned me as a fan. As a long time Hawks fan, I'm basically used to the Hawks being just good enough to give me hope, then ultimately let me down. Many times there wasn't even much hope. Now, I honestly don't believe we're ever out of a game, and I haven't stormed out in the middle of any games this year. I'm passionate about my Hawks and that's saying a lot for me.