Prediction Thread: Percy's First Touch

zayden185

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":uk94jk54 said:
So it's been building since the day of the trade. Has there been a more anticipated player to touch the field in a Hawks uniform? Maybe. But definitely not under any circumstances like we, as fans, find ourselves in this season.

You're the OC.

What's the call? What's the result?

off the intended topic but when i was a young lad i thought that Bosworth was the most anticipated guy….Harvin is anticipated, but with our team as it is…its adding to an already great team. So, maybe its my medication, im excited to go to the next level but we are 9-1 and some bad refereeing away from undefeated.

that being said, vs New Orleans and SF…it'll be pretty sweet to see him pull the linebackers to the right while Beastmode gets 1-1 to the left side.

OP
OP
LawlessHawk

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
zayden185":2dah0wtw said:
off the intended topic but when i was a young lad i thought that Bosworth was the most anticipated guy….Harvin is anticipated, but with our team as it is…its adding to an already great team. So, maybe its my medication, im excited to go to the next level but we are 9-1 and some bad refereeing away from undefeated.

that being said, vs New Orleans and SF…it'll be pretty sweet to see him pull the linebackers to the right while Beastmode gets 1-1 to the left side.

Yep, I would agree, Bosworth was the guy I was considering when I wrote that. Although we didn't have to wait as long to see the Boz.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Don't know what it's called (if somebody knows, please tell me), but it's where Russ gets the ball and immediately throws to a receiver straight right (or left). Supposed to give the receiver an advantage of space, and I think that's Harvin's best ability.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Axx":1xv0eu5e said:
Harvin goes in at the wildcat position and throws a 50 yard TD bomb to tim tebow

A shirtless Tim Tebow with an Abraham Lincoln beard. I had a dream about it.

I miss you Trauma...

A

Anonymous

Not sure if anybody thought of this, but what about one of those bubble-screen plays?

mikeak

Reaction score
I expect one of the bubble-screen, swing pass, double reverse - anything that goes to the outside option where you take a one-on-one hit / no hit and goes out of bounds

Up the middle / across the middle and PC will get a SMALL amount of negative criticism if Percy gets re-injured.....

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
me thinks the vikings will be ready for the traditional percy plays. Read option handoff from wilson would be my guess.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2c1owz1p said:
I guess his first touch could come right after we win the toss and elect to receive the kick, that is if they've determined that he's really ready go and want to make a big splash right off the bat... now Percy taking it to the house in that scenario would be epic... the pundits might call the season right then and there.

On offense I'm imagining something along the lines of a quick screen out to PH behind a bunch formation and just let him do what he do. 20 yard gain.

But if he goes yard, holy crap, hold on, it's gonna be a wild ride......

If he goes yard, the CLink will be rockin, seismic style!!

seedhawk

Reaction score
Percy's "first touch" will be after he runs a cross out of the slot pulling 3/4 of the D with him. RW will then throw a TD to Kearse or Tate who will hand the ball to PH for the ceremonial spike!

stack600

Reaction score
As Coach Pete, Bevell and we all know, Those 1st couple plays and hits are critical in the mental recovery factor after an injury. So crashing into the line, or across the middle from the slot were a LBer or DB can tee up and make a good hit, would be a bad Idea.

So I agree with the 3 WRs bunched out wide Left or Right Bubble Screen. That gives Percy 2 blockers to help with those 1st few hits and tackles. Then when is mind tells him were fine, Bang KRs-Slants-Posts-XYZ the playbooks opened. It would be great to see him break one in limited action. Kind of like Clem came back. Then healthy thru the bye week and off and runnin.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just a bubble screen.

Save the trickery for NO and SF.

OrFan

Reaction score
Harvin is a slippery type of player, not a straight line type, we already have outside guys. This is exactly why he will line up in the slot with Tate to the outside. Kearse will line up outside across the field, 3 wide. Tate will go and the cut inside, picking off the defender for Harvin who will be running a go route and Wilson will hit him in stride 18 - 20 yards downfield.

Why use him the way they expect?

dunceface

Reaction score
I say he takes the opening kickoff to the house,
then on the second drive, first play, a bubble screen for a 78 yd td,
and first play on the third drive read option handoff for a 65 yd td run...
then we run with The Beast for the rest of the game and cruise to a 58-3 win

Obviously

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We're talking about Bevell here guys.

So it will be a pass to him on the 1 yard line. ;)

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Its going to be Tate in X, Percy in Z Marshawn, and mike rob... hand off up the gut. play 1.
Play two Tate and percy flipped (tate on wilsons right percy on his left. [for reference], same formation, neked boot roll out to percy running across to wilsons right, 35 yards deep.

Latest posts