Prediction Thread: Percy's First Touch

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
So it's been building since the day of the trade. Has there been a more anticipated player to touch the field in a Hawks uniform? Maybe. But definitely not under any circumstances like we, as fans, find ourselves in this season.

You're the OC.

What's the call? What's the result?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Russell is in shotgun with lynch/harvin the in backfield. Tate/Kearse out wide, Baldwin in the slot.....

Swing pass to Harvin for about a 15 yard gain.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Harvin and Lynch in backfield split behind Wilson, fake handoff to Harvin and then quick pass to Miller over the middle for a 15-yd gain.

OP
OP
LawlessHawk

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I guess his first touch could come right after we win the toss and elect to receive the kick, that is if they've determined that he's really ready go and want to make a big splash right off the bat... now Percy taking it to the house in that scenario would be epic... the pundits might call the season right then and there.

On offense I'm imagining something along the lines of a quick screen out to PH behind a bunch formation and just let him do what he do. 20 yard gain.

But if he goes yard, holy crap, hold on, it's gonna be a wild ride......

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Bubble or smoke screen, get him in some space and tracked down by the smallest guys on the D. The last thing I'd do is send him over the middle into the teeth of the D to get hammered by a LB or SS. The whole first game would be bubble screens, and end around and probably one shot down field away from defenders like a post vs 2 high or a fade vs 1. I'm sure as hell not tipping my hand against the Vikings though - simple stuff away from the strength of the defense to get him in space.

Slick

Reaction score
Bubble screen for a loss and re-injured/aggravated hip.

Just kidding. I hope it is something cool. Still wary of hip injuries though.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Bubble screen...makes one man miss and 70 yards untouched for the TD

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bubble screen makes the most sense to me. Or some kind of dump off pass if the OL breaks down again. He will be Wilson's security blanket sooner than later.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Bubble screen pass from Wilson...Harvin dances behind the line of scrimmage a little...then tosses a beautiful 50 yard TD pass to Tate.
Too much?

Pie Romania

Reaction score
I'll go with a bomb from Michael Robinson or Golden Tate. Not sure how well Golden can throw deep as I've only seen him throw one pass, but Robinson being a former QB, he might get the call. Not sure that's the FIRST play, but I think we see something like that against the Vikings.

First play will be something simple just to get the ball in his hands, so I'll go with a fake hand off to Lynch and then a direct hand off to Harvin OR a Play Action roll out to Harvin for a short 10-15 Yard Pass with along of green ahead of him.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It'll just be like a little 5yd hitch or something small to get his feet wet. There'll be something cool before too long, but they're not going to let all their tricks be known on the first play...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Percy is a tough kid and to prevent him from aggravating his injury, a bubble screen for 9 yards.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Double reverse from Harvin to Baldwin to Lynch. Lynch breaks someone's sternum on the run.

Axx

Reaction score
Harvin goes in at the wildcat position and throws a 50 yard TD bomb to tim tebow

Latest posts