Power Rankings for Week 11

Rat

Reaction score
Wow, highest I've seen them yet. I assume they're credible since they have their college rankings right.

Jville

Reaction score
There is nothing official about a totally anonymous web site.

One can always post opinion here. But with so many known and authored sources, I think there are better sources to link. :229031_shrug:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
lmbm88":dymg4zjh said:
we arent official or experts lol. its a project my son and i are working on that started out being for his coding class., and turned into this. we didn't realize some people frown on putting links in message boards.... we figured it was a logical place to put them. were going thru now and seeing how people replied. and the helmets are from a site called the helmet project. we just thought the retro thing was kind of coo;. sorry if we upset anyone putting the link here, and ty to the mods for not killing it and you guys reading it for not being mean about it, which some were. were packers fans, so let me say this makes seahawks fans look first class. almost makes up for the fail mary or that stupid onside kick in the nfc championship lol.

That's all fair enough, I'm sure noone has a problem with any of that. The issue is the site claims to be the ""official nfl power rankings" when that isn't the case. I think that puts people on the back foot.

RiverDog

Reaction score
IMO 3rd is way too generous for us. Despite their recent bad losses, I'd put both the Saints and Packers ahead of us. One has to keep in mind our margin of victory against teams both good and bad when putting together these types of mythical rankings.

Raiders are way too high. Give them another year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
lmbm74":2qi9kpm4 said:
we thought it was about the state of teams as they are today, though. and the seahawks beat the tem most regarded as either the best or second best team in the nfl last week.

The Niners were so regarded due almost exclusively to the fact that they were undefeated, which is a function of their season long performance. If you were to rate them as "how they are today", they definitely wouldn't be ranked nearly as high as their performance in their previous game, vs. a team with a losing record, was underwhelming.

I'm not a huge fan of power rankings. They exist merely to give every so called expert something to talk about during the week. But my impression of them is that they are to take into account EVERYTHING, including overall record, strength of schedule, quality of win, even the good ole eye test. They're 100% the opinion of its author.

Latest posts