Possible Acquisition For Hawks During Free Agency...

sutz

Reaction score
Dude... find your "Enter" key. Usually down towards the right end of your keyboard. You need to buy some paragraph breaks.

Oh, and chillax.

:)

MVP53

Reaction score
NYCoug":dbvu7rb9 said:
Never say never.

Just think back to last year when it appeared that both Michael Bennett AND Cliff Avril would be out of the Seahawks price range. Instead, both ended up taking shorter, "prove it" type contracts to sign with the Seahawks when it seemed that at most the Seahawks would only be able to afford one, if that.

If the market isn't as great for Veldheer as he and his agent had hoped, or if it's just the Raiders and Cardinals (who are a very good team in their own right, but not Seattle) offering him big money and Seattle offering him the prove it-type, one year deal with the best shot in the league at a ring (damn that feels good to type without knowing that I'm being a homer)... who knows? Maybe he ends up pulling a Bennett and signing for cheaper/shorter with Seattle to get another shot at free agency next season?

That's probably not the likely scenario that's going to play out. The Cards will probably swoop right in and sign him up to further improve their ballclub, just saying that a lot of crazy ish happens during the free agency period, so never completely rule out the possibilities.

I've seen the term "one year, prove it deal" thrown around so much lately. What does a player like Veldheer have to prove? He's not coming off an injury, so doesn't have to prove he's healthy. He doesn't have any history of attitude problem, so doesn't have to prove he can play nice. He's not projected to potentially change positions, so doesn't have to prove he can play tackle. He's not some Johnny-come-lately who has to prove his success isn't a fluke.

By all indications, Veldheer should have no issue signing a deal somewhere, so where does a "one year, prove it deal" with Seattle come into play?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I look at that picture in the original post and I think of this:
Fezzik
Anybody want a peanut?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
He signed a 5 yer deal with the Cardinals, per Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m
Former Raiders OT Jared Veldheer reached agreement on a 5-yr, $35M deal with Cardinals, per ESPN league sources.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":126hundm said:
He signed a 5 yer deal with the Cardinals, per Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 11m
Former Raiders OT Jared Veldheer reached agreement on a 5-yr, $35M deal with Cardinals, per ESPN league sources.
Well, there goes the Cardinals strengthening their line...jerks.