Lube Up for Caleb?

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Just to join in on the dogpile of Week 1 overreactions:

Man, that was pretty awful today.

I get it, the O-Line was pretty non-existent after the LT and RT went down, so that didn't leave Geno with a lot of options, but even then...oof. Dude just seems to get rattled really easily. I hope that's not a sign of things to come for the rest of the season.

Maybe start thinking long-term about options about a younger successor to Geno to help the rebulid along?

LastRideOut

Reaction score
but even then...oof. Dude just seems to get rattled really easily.

I've been saying this since last fall. Geno, while a good system QB, is just not good in the clutch. He can't rally a team. Gets rattled too easily.

I just hope he wasn't the long term plan for this front office.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Caleb might not want to come here. He's all but said he'll stay in school another year if the Cards have the #1 pick.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Caleb might not want to come here. He's all but said he'll stay in school another year if the Cards have the #1 pick.
No he didn’t. His dad implied it but never said so outright. Caleb hasn’t said anything. He’s been focused on playing, classes, his podcast, and his charity.

JPatera76

Reaction score
No he didn’t. His dad implied it but never said so outright. Caleb hasn’t said anything. He’s been focused on playing, classes, his podcast, and his charity.
So a dad trying to be his agent kinda deal?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who cares what time the game was? He DID get it done. Why does it matter if it was a day game? Come on, just enjoy the win. Geno did something we've been waiting for. He went full on clutch/cold blooded at the end of the game. On the road in a hostile environment against a very good team.
Winning does NOT have to look a certain way. Enough with the "they won, but...." crap.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've been saying this since last fall. Geno, while a good system QB, is just not good in the clutch. He can't rally a team. Gets rattled too easily.

I just hope he wasn't the long term plan for this front office.
How about now? Not trying to attack the poster, but you seem like you just can't even give Geno his props and/or just admit you were wrong.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic example of moving the goal posts.
Nope, it isn't. look at my post history. You will see I've said that Geno while a good system quarterback within the confines of a regular season game, gets small in big games. I've posted this multiple times. The problem with Geno is that the bigger the game, the smaller Geno gets. Yesterday wasn't a game that had every eyeball in the country on it, like a playoff game.

Geno is a good quarterback. He is better than a lot of quarterbacks in the league. Very few quarterbacks however, can step up in big games. It's not a hit on Geno. It really isn't. It's more of a commentary that truly elite QBs are few and far between.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
BTW if Geno writes back and proves me wrong by stepping up big in a playoff game, or making it to the big dance, I'll be first to admit that I'm wrong.

In the meantime, Geno has the next 5 months to prove the critics wrong.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
How about now? Not trying to attack the poster, but you seem like you just can't even give Geno his props and/or just admit you were wrong.

Geno is a good quarterback. I've said this multiple times. He is better than Russ. No objective person will deny that. Geno is awesome. I'm glad this team has him. I'm just not sold him on stepping up in big games on a national stage because he hasn't done it yet.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Geno had an excellent game. His pocket awareness was AWESOME. I was very impressed. I don't think we could have gotten better QB play than we did yesterday from Geno. It was perfect.

I'm just saying a week 2 game is different than a playoff game. That is literally all I am saying.

I'm not refusing to give Geno his props. I think it is possible to give a QB like Geno his props while having certain reservations. It's OK. They do not have to be mutually exclusive.

BTW look at my post yesterday. I specifically pointed out that the game winning drive in OT was a thing of beauty.

themunn

Reaction score
Geno is a good quarterback. I've said this multiple times. He is better than Russ. No objective person will deny that. Geno is awesome. I'm glad this team has him. I'm just not sold him on stepping up in big games on a national stage because he hasn't done it yet.

Last year's game against the Broncos doesn't count? Every single eye in the NFL was on him.

Apart from that he's had 2 opportunities on the national stage - both road games against arguably the NFL's best team last year (Niners, before they had all 3 QBs injured). In the playoff game, the Niners scored on all but one of their possessions, so it's hardly fair to blame Geno for not stepping up in that instance (as if he didn't complete 70% of his passes and throw 2 TDs)

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I give up.

Seems I can't give someone like Geno his props while having certain reservations. It has to be one or the other for many of the posters here.

Latest posts