Lube Up for Caleb?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I give up.

Seems I can't give someone like Geno his props while having certain reservations. It has to be one or the other for many of the posters here.

Do you not think we all see the flaws in Geno's game. He's not perfect but neither was Russ... or Hass, or Moon, Krieg and Zorn for that matter. Can he win a big game with the right support? I believe he can. That's the question you need to ask yourself. If you don't believe then you don't believe 80% of the QBs in the league can win a big game because there aren't that many proven big game QB's in the NFL.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I give up.

Seems I can't give someone like Geno his props while having certain reservations. It has to be one or the other for many of the posters here.
I WAS in the same place a lot of last year. Hell, even in preseason games, before last year, Geno would find a way to choke it away. It seems like we had to wait FOREVER for Geno's first "4th Quarter Comeback Win" last year. I think it was against the Rams, late in the season. Meantime, I started giving Geno credit for getting and keeping leads, so that the 4QCB thing became unnecessary. Like the 48-45 win over the Lions last year, and also the Chargers road game, where Geno and the O kept scoring to keep it a 2-score game.

Where I'm at now... Geno is as clutch as the team around him can make him. No, he's not Patrick Mahomes, but then, who else is? Then there's the "IT" factor, Geno did NOT have it a couple season ago. A big part of it is, the WHOLE TEAM believing in their QB so much that they focus on doing their job, every play, in every little way, knowing their QB will do their part to give them a chance to win. What I see now is the whole team, offense, defense, and special teams, believes in Geno, and that belief is strong and growing.

I get it, the Rams game 2nd half was such a stinker it was a faith-killer, a "Geno sucks, that's who he is" moment. It was just one half. Go back to how bad the Patriots made Mahomes look in that Super Bowl when KC's nearly entire O-Line was out injured, and how bad the Patriots D made him look. The Rams game was Geno's version of that.

You can have your reservations, fair, but be sure to also notice the GROWTH of Geno and the offense over time.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I WAS in the same place a lot of last year. Hell, even in preseason games, before last year, Geno would find a way to choke it away. It seems like we had to wait FOREVER for Geno's first "4th Quarter Comeback Win" last year. I think it was against the Rams, late in the season. Meantime, I started giving Geno credit for getting and keeping leads, so that the 4QCB thing became unnecessary. Like the 48-45 win over the Lions last year where Geno and the O kept scoring to keep it a 2-score game.

Where I'm at now... Geno is as clutch as the team around him can make him. No, he's not Patrick Mahomes, but then, who else is? Then there's the "IT" factor, Geno did NOT have it a couple season ago. A big part of it is, the WHOLE TEAM believing in their QB so much that they focus on doing their job, every play, in every little way, knowing their QB will do their part to give them a chance to win. What I see is the whole team, offense, defense, and special teams, believes in Geno, and that belief is strong and growing.

I get it, the Rams game 2nd half was such a stinker it was a faith-killer, a "Geno sucks, that's who he is" moment. It was just one half. Go back to how bad the Patriots made Mahomes look in that Super Bowl when KC's nearly entire O-Line was out injured, and how bad the Patriots D made him look. The Rams game was Geno's version of that.

You can have your reservations, but be sure to also notice the GROWTH of Geno and the offense over time.
Well said. I have zero problems with what you said. Can't really argue with any of that.