Portis is coming back

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3j0on8ji said:
Better than Tebow.

High five, Throw.

I'd rather have Tebow and it's not even close.

We've seen Portis make one good play. Maybe one and a half, and half the board loves him for it for whatever reason. Tebow has made at least 3 good plays.

I love Portis too, becauase he's a Seahawk. But i'd be pretty shocked if he ever took a single snap in a regular season NFL game.

gargantual

Reaction score
kidhawk":71ocgcsv said:
Portis just signed a contract to play in the CFL last month. It's odd that he'd sign there if there was even a hint that we'd want him back. You'd think we would have picked him up already, as camp fodder at least, if we were even contemplating having him actually be our #2 guy. Something just doesn't seem quite right
I read yesterday someone postulating that they waited to deal Flynn before bringing Portis back so as not to reveal their plans and sour the Flynn deal.

Sorry, can't remember (or find) where I read it, but it sounds like a plausible reason to wait on bringing him back.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33rcolpc said:
SacHawk2.0":33rcolpc said:
Better than Tebow.

High five, Throw.

I'd rather have Tebow and it's not even close.

We've seen Portis make one good play. Maybe one and a half, and half the board loves him for it for whatever reason. Tebow has made at least 3 good plays.

I love Portis too, becauase he's a Seahawk. But i'd be pretty shocked if he ever took a single snap in a regular season NFL game.

Haterrrr

kidhawk

Reaction score
gargantual":1vfiwk7x said:
kidhawk":1vfiwk7x said:
Portis just signed a contract to play in the CFL last month. It's odd that he'd sign there if there was even a hint that we'd want him back. You'd think we would have picked him up already, as camp fodder at least, if we were even contemplating having him actually be our #2 guy. Something just doesn't seem quite right
I read yesterday someone postulating that they waited to deal Flynn before bringing Portis back so as not to reveal their plans and sour the Flynn deal.

Sorry, can't remember (or find) where I read it, but it sounds like a plausible reason to wait on bringing him back.

Sounds kinda weak, I mean bringing in another arm to use during camp would be fairly normal anyway, so they could have easily signed him and showed those intentions. Honestly, they may bring him back, but I don't think he's going to be the backup. I just think they will bring in someone else for that role. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem quite right to me.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
The hawks staff made it clear they felt T-Jack was a better decision maker/QB than Portis...so there ya go. Perhaps something we don't know.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TaterHawk":2ju6wb03 said:
The hawks staff made it clear they felt T-Jack was a better decision maker/QB than Portis...so there ya go. Perhaps something we don't know.

...How? Tjack got bounced before Portis did.

McGruff

Reaction score
TaterHawk":3efh9952 said:

The difference is that Jackson has had seven years of NFL coaching. Portis still hasn't had any.

His first offseason was the two week strike shortened offseason, and his second offseason was as the fourth man in a three man battle.

General Manager

Reaction score
I'm throwing last year out . He had three guys in front of him he never saw the ball.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
The project continues. Hopefully they will be able to shape him up to a great backup. Welcome back Portis.

muxpux

Reaction score
well, at least Galens seahawks helmet has 1 hawk signature left on it, hahahahahaha

SeattleSprtsHub

Reaction score
It's good to see Portis coming back.

Before Wilson stepped up and suprised the hell out of us, I wanted to see what Portis could do, not just in pre-season where he sucked but in the regular season. But now, I believe Portis is just camp fodder and nothing more. I expect us to sign a veteran and pick up a QB in the later rounds of the draft.

gargantual

Reaction score
SeattleSprtsHub":1zbrjmsp said:
It's good to see Portis coming back.

Before Wilson stepped up and suprised the hell out of us, I wanted to see what Portis could do, not just in pre-season where he sucked but in the regular season. But now, I believe Portis is just camp fodder and nothing more. I expect us to sign a veteran and pick up a QB in the later rounds of the draft.
I agree with all this. He's getting called in as competition and will probably get beat out by a vet or promising rookie from the upcoming draft. Who knows tho. Maybe he'll surprise, with a full off season and no rush to find out who's number one. Seeing him win the #3 spot even would be cool. Y'never know.

I'm rooting for him. I think he's still eligible for a practice squad too, isn't he? I always had a feeling about him.

debevemos

Reaction score
We now have the best back-up back-up quarterback in the NFL....

Superbowl!!!

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I haven't heard any confirmation this will happen beyond the Mort tweet. Maybe he's looking for minimal guaranteed money to exit his CFL contract

Latest posts