Poll: Who is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to Super Bowl 49?

What team is the Hawks' biggest roadblock to getting to SB 49?

• Eagles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFC South winner

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Lions

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Packers

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 45 26.0%

• Total voters

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Yeah. Our offense forsure!!

But I also don't look beyond our headlights... 1-0
Win in AZ!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1lb7dfie said:
HawkFan72":1lb7dfie said:
Cowboys O-line and D-line scare me. I don't want to play them again. Our guys were manhandled on both sides of the ball for the whole game.

Eh.. really do not fear the Cowboys at all. The Seahawks could not have played any worse that day.. Wagner hurt himself, Kam was playing at like 50% .. Maxwell left early. Simon was out. And collectively the vibe from the whole team was just off.. whether or not that was Harvin related or not.. who knows.

But all of this happened and it took an unreal catch on 3rd and Wenatchee to eventually get the go ahead TD.

I just think this team is light years better than they were in Week 6.

I also think the Cowboys will miss the playoffs after a loss to Indy and two Eagles wins.

I would have said this before we played them, but their O-line was dominating out guys and their D-line was wreaking havoc. I feel like we're the better team, but I just don't want to face a team that is clearly better than us in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Jokes aside, it's easily the Cardinals, and here's why:

We play the Cardinals for what is essentially the NFC West Division Title. And with standings being as they are, it probably means the difference between a 1st or 2nd seed, and a road trip through the playoffs to get there.

That's huge. That means the difference between playing at Lambeau (which is why so many picked the Packers) or at Jerry's Fun House (which is why so many picked the Cowboys). It also doesn't count the fact that we may have to travel to Glendale to try and beat the Cardinals again in their house, instead of up here in one of the hardest places for opposing teams to win.

Beating the Cardinals next week is a huge obstacle, and all it does is make it easier to beat them or any one of the other teams mentioned in the playoffs.

47degreesn

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Lions are the most well rounded team. Their offense has Calvin Johnson, and Golden Tate which I'm sure would love to show us up and their defense is underrated. In fact they've allowed less points than the Seahawks.. :180670:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Forget their lack of QB - Arizona, like everyone else in this division, has made an art form out of "great defense without good quarterbacking". Last year they threw four picks to the Legion and still won in our house. Arizona is the closest thing to Russell Wilson's kryptonite; they know exactly how to rush him without losing containment. And we're facing them with downgraded right tackle play and Okung out.

Beyond that, there's not a team on that list that I fear. They all play exactly the kind of football Seattle is best at shutting down: pass-first finesse. Our physical defense is the perfect recipe in those games.

Dallas might be an exception, but it took all they had and a near-perfect game from Romo - against only half the Legion of Boom - to beat us in September. They won't be so lucky next time.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm going with the Lions. I am not afraid at all of teams with great offenses, especially those that lean heavily on their passing game. Those are the teams we are most built to beat. The Lions D scares me with their safeties and Suh and Levy. I could see us having a hard time putting up many points. My nightmare scenario is a game where Golden goes off and our receivers are absolutely inept.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
i think its our o line and ability to stay healthy. hawks can beat anyone of those teams. if we lose key pieces could lose to anyone of them...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1yn4x7kn said:
So I've been thinking about this since yesterday and figured it might be fun to check the pulse of dot Net when it comes to my pondering.
Yes, I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, and yes I know 1-0 every week. But that's stuff the team needs to be focused on. IMO, we as fans get to look ahead and speculate and that's what this is......speculation.

For me, it's Dullass. I think Green Bay is soft and our Hawks eat soft teams for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think Arizona has too much to overcome at the QB position. I believe the Eagles don't get in and I believe the NFC South winner is crap no matter who it is. That leaves the Lions and the Cowpatties. I do think Detroit is a very good team and I almost picked them. Their D is for real and Stafford seems to have mostly figured out that interceptions hurt a team. However, they don't run the ball well and that usually bites teams in the rear end in January.

Dullass has a number of factors going for them that will make a game against them a tough one IMO. Their weakest area, that defense, is matched against our team's weakest area, our offense. On offense, they pass block very well and run the ball very well. They are also 7-0 on the road this year so if the game is indeed in Seattle they have that going or them as well. Maybe most importantly, they already know they can win at the C-Link.

To beat them, I think the Hawks need to dominate time of possession and find ways to make Romo nervous. Once he's nervous, he screws up and in order to make that happen the Hawks need to really slow down their run gam and make them work a lot from third and long. Pretty basic stuff, but its the formula Seattle has used to win a lot the last couple of years.

Surprised more didn't pick Detroit. I think their DL would present us with a very tough challenge. If they can get to Russ with 4 and get Lynch in the backfield they could keep us under 17 points. Their O has Tate and he would be urea to burn us a few times, I'm sure he'd fill in Calvin on our DB's weaknesses and they could do some damage. I think talent wise they are the only team out there that can man to man come close to having as much talent as us.

Aaron Rodgers always scares me and one of these days he will get us. GB at Seattle for the NFC Championship would be the 2nd best NFCCG matchup I could ever ask for. SF last year was EPIC and it could never get better than that. Bitter rivals, both top 3 teams in the NFL almost all season. Come from behind, down to the wire win.

I think Romeo would choke and that this time around we would stuff the cowboys run game.

NFC South Champ because Julio Jones, Drew Breed, and Cam Newton. All guys who when on can beat anybody.

Philly could try for revenge but unless Foles comes back and shines they are lucky if they make it or just 1 and done.

AZ is on their 4th string QB.

Hawks46

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":16uwfwox said:
pmedic920":16uwfwox said:
IMHO, if you vote for anybody besides the Cards, you're putting the cart before the horse.
We still have two very important games to play.
As far as I'm concerned both are "must win"

If we end up seeded #1, I think we re-Pete.

I don't like our chances one bit, as a wild card.

The question wasn't the most immediate road block, it was the biggest roadblock. I think an argument could definitely be made that a team not starting their 20th string QB is a larger road block than the cardinals overall

Immediate or not, if we lose to AZ, we play GB in GB instead of at the CLink. What scares you more ?

That's IF we even make the playoffs. If we lost to AZ, it makes everything a tougher roadblock. Well, except Dallas. They're actually undefeated on the road this year, I'd rather play that team at their house.

Aside from the Panthers, the Cards are usually the team that limits our offense the best. It's less of a margin of error.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Cowboys have the best shot to beat us at Clink
Packers will be the toughest to beat on the road

uncle fester

Reaction score
Arizona are already in the playoffs. If we make it (in whatever fashion) there's a good chance we end up playing them twice between now and the end.

Deep down, based on how much of a job their D does to this offense, nobody really wants that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Beyond obviously winning out because that changes everything I'd say Detroit. I would have said Dallas but Murray breaking his hand changes everything for Dallas. Arizona won't score enough, Green Bay isn't physical enough and has no small chance of losing to Detroit again anyway. NFCS? Meh.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Really it's a toss up between the Pack and the Cowboys. Both teams are going to be tough and if the Seahawks are not on top of their game come the playoffs they could be in trouble against one of (or both) these teams.

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3urw83fq said:
onanygivensunday":3urw83fq said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3urw83fq said:
Father Time.
DING... DING... DING... we have a winner.

SB XIX was played on January 20th, 1985.
I'll change it to "49". So I'm shitty with roman numerals. Sheesh... :roll:

I already fixed it for you.
FIFY.
49 werks 2

pmedic920

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1amk4jd1 said:
pmedic920":1amk4jd1 said:
IMHO, if you vote for anybody besides the Cards, you're putting the cart before the horse.
We still have two very important games to play.
As far as I'm concerned both are "must win"

If we end up seeded #1, I think we re-Pete.

I don't like our chances one bit, as a wild card.

The question wasn't the most immediate road block, it was the biggest roadblock. I think an argument could definitely be made that a team not starting their 20th string QB is a larger road block than the cardinals overall

Don't matter if there is a bigger roadblock in your opinion or not.
If you can't get past the immediate one, you may never see the bigger one.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal said:
........I would have said Dallas but Murray breaking his hand changes everything for Dallas............../quote]
That could hurt them badly for sure. I believe that if I've read the playoff scenarios correctly, that they could be left out if they lose one more and Philly wins out and the 2nd place NFCN team finished 11-5.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":lsanorrn said:
MizzouHawkGal":lsanorrn said:
........I would have said Dallas but Murray breaking his hand changes everything for Dallas............../quote]
That could hurt them badly for sure. I believe that if I've read the playoff scenarios correctly, that they could be left out if they lose one more and Philly wins out and the 2nd place NFCN team finished 11-5.
Correct or if Philadelphia wins out and Dallas wins out somehow there will be an 11-5 team outside the playoffs. I want it to be Dallas because Jerry Jones will force what needs to be done already. They need to reseed for the playoffs and allow 7 teams per conference in with the 1st seed getting the bye. Last year it was Pittsburgh this year it will be Philadelphia or Dallas and possibly an AFC team that goes 10-6. That latter scenerio is less likely but very possible.

Latest posts