Poll: If you were Sherman do you play?

You're Richard Sherman, Baby being born on Sunday, what do you do?

• Play in the Super Bowl

Votes: 165 87.8%
  • Witness your child's birth

Votes: 23 12.2%

• Total voters

AgentDib

Reaction score
Xarbx425":dp4799kp said:
Here's the solution. If she goes into labor during the game... live stream it on the jumbotron and Sherm gets best of both worlds!
Still better than the typical halftime show.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete and Sherm are just trollin' everyone with this. It's not even a question. However, it's hilarious that the media has discussed it like it's a legitimate storyline.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread isn't a microcosm of real society.
As much as I love watching the Hawks for 6 months and hope they throttle NE, there's no way I put playing in a SB above the birth of my child. For us, the Super Bowl is a game, it's entertainment. For players, it's a job. Take the day off and be there for your kid.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Certain jobs require you be there. I was on a 6 month deployment when my second was born. Left on a 6 monther the day after my first was born. You do what you gotta do.

If it was a mid season game...that's one thing. The Super Bowl? Heck No! You play! Its your duty to your self, your family, your teammates, and the fans. When you have that job and you get that much money you play. PERIOD.

MVP53

Reaction score
Tell Sherm right after kickoff that his wife is going into labor and he can leave as soon as the game is in hand. Guy would probably have 4 pick sixes in the first quarter. :p

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
evergreen":1lj0ed5k said:
Get a C section for Chrisssakes. What women does that to a man?!

It's not as if he wasn't involved in the decision.

I'd have expected a smart guy like Sherman to, I dunno, tone down the funkiness 39 weeks before the Super Bowl?

GFang

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":1qr5nwed said:
As much as I love watching the Hawks for 6 months and hope they throttle NE, there's no way I put playing in a SB above the birth of my child. For us, the Super Bowl is a game, it's entertainment. For players, it's a job. Take the day off and be there for your kid.

It's every man's right to make that decision. There shouldn't be some societal expectation or obligation for an expectant father to be there for the delivery.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
GFang":3e3g2sjg said:
Goodwin Seahawk":3e3g2sjg said:

It's every man's right to make that decision. There shouldn't be some societal expectation or obligation for an expectant father to be there for the delivery.

It's only football.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
This team is about family. That they understand what that means tells us that Richard should be at the birth of his son no matter what. Football is a game and not even the Superb Owl should keep you away from what is most important in life. Should Richard miss the game, his football family would step up and put in work for Richard and family.

Go Hawks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":8dp2v3t9 said:
GFang":8dp2v3t9 said:
Goodwin Seahawk":8dp2v3t9 said:

It's only football.

Oh it's far more important than that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Any man can father a child

Any man can be there for the birth

It takes a special kind of man raising a child properly which includes instilling the understanding that you never quit on your team

Steve2222

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":3l7wjv1y said:

lol get off your high horse. If there's any excuse ever to miss the birth of a child this is it. I'm sure his gf will forgive him (you know seeing as he's filthy rich) and when his sons old enough to know will think it's awesome.

How badass would it be for his son growing up in high school to say to his friends "I was born during Super Bowl 49 and my father picked 6 Tom Brady as I was coming out."

I'd be so jealous.

There's a thousand worse things a father could do. Give me a break. And I hope you're just trolling.

Steve2222

Reaction score
And to clarify I won't fault Sherman no matter what he does (even though I think this is just a smoke screen). I'm just saying if it was my scenario I'm playing, if my wife was on board.

idahawks

Reaction score
I think a better question would be if your Richard Shermans GF and you go into labor during the game do you tell him. Or do you spare him the agonizing decision and tell him after the game.

Rufus

Reaction score
My dad didn't even want to miss watching The FBI to attend my birth.

[youtube]crCZtW7u-NE[/youtube]

olyfan63

Reaction score
If the mom misses the birth, now that's a serious problem.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I assisted by holding my wife's right leg and was the breathing coach for both of our kids/ deliveries and cut both umbilical cords. It's something that I'll never forget but in all honesty, there are a lot of parts of it that I wish I could. But I can't think of anything in my life that could possibly be more important than being there during that time, whether my role is actively assisting or just watching. But Sherman's situation is much different. You don't miss a Super Bowl for that. Sorry if that sounds insensitive but it's a no-brainer. You suit up and play the game of your life on the biggest day of your life. Your kid will thank you someday for it. Same would apply for almost everyone on the team, in my opinion, not just a starter. Not many people get an opportunity to suit up for a Super Bowl. Just about anyone can make a baby. Yeah, I'm sounding pretty insensitive now. But I still hold strong to that opinion.

Latest posts