Poll: Can Geno Take Us All The Way

Do you believe Geno Smith can take the Seahawks to the Super Bowl and win?

• Yes

Votes: 65 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 62 41.6%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 22 14.8%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Purdy has the best defense in the NFL, and a VERY good O line, and a sh** ton of weapons to work with. Could Geno do it with that group? Probably.
But can he take this Hawks team all the way? Debatable.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
it’s not a “flip flop” at all.. I’m just saying he’s not good enough to outscore teams on his own (like some elite QB’s we’ve seen over the years) but if he has a good defense he can likely win some playoff games. You’re literally saying what I’m saying in your last sentence.
Please be specific as to the Quarterbacks that HAVE "Outscore TEAMS on His Own".... YOU CAN'T, because there are no such Quarterbacks, "Elite" or otherwise that have run up a SCORE,> ALL BY HIMSELF <.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Purdy has the best defense in the NFL, and a VERY good O line, and a sh** ton of weapons to work with. Could Geno do it with that group? Probably.
But can he take this Hawks team all the way? Debatable.
Isn't that the whole damned point Soul? I mean, the POINT that I'm making, is that the Seahawks team AS IT WAS IN 2022 was insufficient enough for Geno or hell, even MAHOMES, to go any further than they did.
AND THUS, why I said, SURROUND GENO with a SEAHAWKS TEAM that "has ONE of the BEST DEFENSES IN THE NFL" a "VERY GOOD O-LINE, AND A SH** TON OF WEAPONS TO WORK WITH", and I'M SAYING that Geno ABSOLUTELY DOES HAVE THE SKILLS to take "THAT HAWKS TEAM "-> A-L-L. T-H-E. W-A-Y.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes at $25 mil a year 3 year deal with incentives for playoffs and wins. He needs to realize Seattle gave him a chance to showcase what many knew he already had which is a guy with incredible arm talent that needed to mature some mentally and he has. He put up some very nice numbers this year we just need to revamp the front 7 defensively and we’ll be right back in the mix on par with the elites. Carter and Simpson would be a nice start and we have the ammo to make it happen
I couldn't agree more Frodos, only I would like to see the 315 pound, runs in the upper 4's FREAK 'Mazi Smith' added to the Seahawks Defense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Isn't that the whole damned point Soul? I mean, the POINT that I'm making, is that the Seahawks team AS IT WAS IN 2022 was insufficient enough for Geno or hell, even MAHOMES, to go any further than they did.
AND THUS, why I said, SURROUND GENO with a SEAHAWKS TEAM that "has ONE of the BEST DEFENSES IN THE NFL" a "VERY GOOD O-LINE, AND A SH** TON OF WEAPONS TO WORK WITH", and I'M SAYING that Geno ABSOLUTELY DOES HAVE THE SKILLS to take "THAT HAWKS TEAM "-> A-L-L. T-H-E. W-A-Y.
The question is does Geno make those around him better or is he just good game managing QB? You mention Mahomes in your post. Mahomes has clearly shown that he makes those around him better. So Mahomes with this team can take this team further in my mind. Mahomes lost his biggest #1 WR and still has his team vying for AFC Championship. Let's get real here...Geno is very good and has improved but he's no Mahomes or even Josh Allen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Never mind. Getting all worked up, yet again. God forbid anyone actually has questions and/or concerns about Geno and his ability to be the type of QB who can carry the team to a title. Oh the horror.

Geno isn't w/out fault, he doesn't walk on water. He's good not great. Not sure what else needs to be said. It's my opinion. Don't like it, I don't give a rats ass.
FFS this place sometimes.

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
Please be specific as to the Quarterbacks that HAVE "Outscore TEAMS on His Own".... YOU CAN'T, because there are no such Quarterbacks, "Elite" or otherwise that have run up a SCORE,> ALL BY HIMSELF <.
Boy, nothing getting past you, Mr literal. Yes, football is played 11 on 11 (find it odd that I actually had to type that). We’ve seen guys over the years look borderline unstoppable (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, etc) because of their ability to read defenses and lead - damn near -indefensible offenses and Geno is just not on that level. Which is fine. Worse QB’s have won super bowls, they just need a better supporting cast around them.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Never mind. Getting all worked up, yet again. God forbid anyone actually has questions and/or concerns about Geno and his ability to be the type of QB who can carry the team to a title. Oh the horror.

Geno isn't w/out fault, he doesn't walk on water. He's good not great. Not sure what else needs to be said. It's my opinion. Don't like it, I don't give a rats ass.
FFS this place sometimes.
You OBVIOUSLY have 'Pay Attention', fundamental reading comprehension problems, as I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED, that's N-E-V-E-R stated or INFERRED that Geno doesn't have his f^%$ing shortcomings, or that he "Walks on 'Rats Ass' Water", so get over your 'Snidely' self.
I answered that YES, I BELIEVE that Geno CAN take the Seahawks WITH AN UPGRADED DEFENSE, O-LINE, AND A COUPLE MORE OFFENSIVE WEAPONS "ALL THE WAY"
A whole shitload of >Seahawks Fans< had a big dislike for GeNO right from the beginning of the last season INCLUDING YOU, and he's done a really damned good job DISPROVING a bunch of Y'all, eh?...Kinda sticks in your craw eh???

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Boy, nothing getting past you, Mr literal. Yes, football is played 11 on 11 (find it odd that I actually had to type that). We’ve seen guys over the years look borderline unstoppable (Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, etc) because of their ability to read defenses and lead - damn near -indefensible offenses and Geno is just not on that level. Which is fine. Worse QB’s have won super bowls, they just need a better supporting cast around them.
LOLOLOLOL Manning? "Damned Near Indefensible Offenses" On one of his MOST PROLIFIC SEASONS @ Quarterback (the Donko's) -->>FOURTYTHREE to EIGHT, that's 43 to 8 ass kicking of ONE of the best, JUST LIKE HOW the 49rs did to the LESS STACKED Seahawks.
And I agree, I too find it "ODD' that you actually typed your nonsense.
"DEFENSES WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS", and it was a combination of a MORE THORROUGH OFFENSE, and a HELL OF A LOT BETTER DEFENSE that just moved past their second team in the Playoffs.
AGAIN, the LOSS to the Whiners was NOT Soley on Geno Smith, as it was not 'A ONE-MAN SHOW' LOL he had a lot of help that WASN'T THERE, eh?

renofox

Reaction score
If they pay Geno the $ required to keep him, there will not be enough remaining resources to improve the roster to a level that makes the team competitive (with Geno at QB) in the playoffs - so, NO, Geno is not good enough.

A cheap QB will allow roster improvement such that lesser QB play may achieve more for the team because of the better roster.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The question is does Geno make those around him better or is he just good game managing QB? You mention Mahomes in your post. Mahomes has clearly shown that he makes those around him better. So Mahomes with this team can take this team further in my mind. Mahomes lost his biggest #1 WR and still has his team vying for AFC Championship. Let's get real here...Geno is very good and has improved but he's no Mahomes or even Josh Allen.
KEEP IN MIND, that this was Genos' FIRST SEASON as the Seahawks Signal Caller...As far as making those players around him "Better", how do you make INJURED PLAYERS "BETTER" Penny?, NOPE, Dallas, NOPE , didn't play the entire season, Lockett even came back as fast as he possibly could WITH A BROKEN BONE IN HIS HAND, and both he and DK have PROVEN that they like Geno THE PERSON and THE QUARTERBACK.
Ever hear the word CONTINUETY?? Yeah, that plays a huge role in players MELDING into a more COHESIVE group.
Year ONE for Geno, and he's good enough to set Seahawks records and go to the Pro-Bowl, I ain't making this shit up, it REALLY HAPPENED, and you can Thank Geno for helping a LIMPING Seahawks team to winning NINE GAMES, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If they pay Geno the $ required to keep him, there will not be enough remaining resources to improve the roster to a level that makes the team competitive (with Geno at QB) in the playoffs - so, NO, Geno is not good enough.

A cheap QB will allow roster improvement such that lesser QB play may achieve more for the team because of the better roster.
LOLOL You don't even KNOW how much he's going to make.
Like Sgt Largent said, "All we're debating now is Cost"
There may not even be a Geno Smith here next season if he prices himself out of the Lineup, eh?

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
LOLOLOLOL Manning? "Damned Near Indefensible Offenses" On one of his MOST PROLIFIC SEASONS @ Quarterback (the Donko's) -->>FOURTYTHREE to EIGHT, that's 43 to 8 ass kicking of ONE of the best, JUST LIKE HOW the 49rs did to the LESS STACKED Seahawks.
And I agree, I too find it "ODD' that you actually typed your nonsense.
"DEFENSES WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS", and it was a combination of a MORE THORROUGH OFFENSE, and a HELL OF A LOT BETTER DEFENSE that just moved past their second team in the Playoffs.
AGAIN, the LOSS to the Whiners was NOT Soley on Geno Smith, as it was not 'A ONE-MAN SHOW' LOL he had a lot of help that WASN'T THERE, eh?
What exactly do all of the capitalized words accomplish?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
KEEP IN MIND, that this was Genos' FIRST SEASON as the Seahawks Signal Caller...As far as making those players around him "Better", how do you make INJURED PLAYERS "BETTER" Penny?, NOPE, Dallas, NOPE , didn't play the entire season, Lockett even came back as fast as he possibly could WITH A BROKEN BONE IN HIS HAND, and both he and DK have PROVEN that they like Geno THE PERSON and THE QUARTERBACK.
Ever hear the word CONTINUETY?? Yeah, that plays a huge role in players MELDING into a more COHESIVE group.
Year ONE for Geno, and he's good enough to set Seahawks records and go to the Pro-Bowl, I ain't making this shit up, it REALLY HAPPENED, and you can Thank Geno for helping a LIMPING Seahawks team to winning NINE GAMES, eh?
Geno had a great year no doubt. He's not to the level as Mahomes or Allen. That doesn't mean he's not good. He is. I wouldn't put Goff in that category of Mahomes and Allen but his team still won 9 games and he was a part of their success too.

Pro Football Network has Geno in Tier 3 of top QBs (#10 overall) - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2022/

I think those are fair rankings. Mahomes and Allen are 1 and 2 respectively in the tier 1 "elite" category.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno had a great year no doubt. He's not to the level as Mahomes or Allen. That doesn't mean he's not good. He is. I wouldn't put Goff in that category of Mahomes and Allen but his team still won 9 games and he was a part of their success too.

Pro Football Network has Geno in Tier 3 of top QBs (#10 overall) - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2022/

I think those are fair rankings. Mahomes and Allen are 1 and 2 respectively in the tier 1 "elite" category.
NOW we're talkin'.
I NEVER SAID that he was the "End All be All" @ Quarterback, just that he ABSOLUTELY IS 'Good Enough' to warrant NOT taking a Quarterback in the First round of this Years Draft if he Re-Signes with the Seahawks.
Look, I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG, is that Geno is NOT A SCRUB, and >>>FOR ME PERSONALLY<<<IS "Good Enough" to Take The Seahawks "ALL THE WAY".
GIVE HIM another Year at the helm, BOLSTER the Defense, UPGRADE the CENTER & his Offensive Line, PROVIDE a Run Game that is somewhere CLOSE to the SAME neighborhood as the 49rs.
Look, NOBODY, BUT NOBODY, has given Geno his 'Just Dues' for taking a Rag-Tag Seahawks team to the PLAYOFFS, and that is just plain >HORSESHIT<
Seems that EVEN SOME NON-Seahawks folks are showing MORE RESPECT for the guy than some >>>>SUPPOSED<<<< "SEAHAWKS FANS" right here on .NET....DISINGENUOUS? YEP!
SOME KNOW, and SOME DON'T EVEN SUSPECT.

BASF

Reaction score
Clearly we need to trade back far enough to draft Stetson Bennett (pick 184 would probably raise some eyebrows). We will be sitting pretty then.

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Obviously?? for YOU?? Not a F^(#*ng Thing Blaze!
There are those 'Who Are Just SLOW on The Uptake. LOLOLOLOLOLO0L
I think you’re a grown man but you type with special characters and capitalize random letters, like a child. Regardless, we’ll agree to disagree. Best of luck to you and your keyboard warrior career.

Latest posts