Playoff clarification

Greenhell

Reaction score
Does tonight's game have any impact on us? If the Falcons pull out the win does that lock up the division for us?

JonRud

Reaction score
Greenhell":1bernqkr said:
Does tonight's game have any impact on us? If the Falcons pull out the win does that lock up the division for us?

Yes.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Yes if the Falcons win the Seahawks win the NFC West if not then the Seahawks have to beat the Rams or the Niners lose to the Cardinals next week.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HoRneR":3a0fy2sg said:
Yes if the Falcons win the Seahawks win the NFC West if not then the Seahawks have to beat the Rams or the Niners lose to the Cardinals next week.

Would that mean the Hawks get home field as well? IIRC, the Hawks can only be the 1st or 5th seed

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":2xjcxjy1 said:
That's about as likely as me getting impregnated by god himself. (Russell Wilson)

I'm not sure how I feel about this but yes.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
So...the Falcons could give us an early Christmas present? Wouldn't that be nice of them. To top it off, the Niners would close Candlestick on a sour note. Fingers crossed the Falcons show up to play.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Yes if the Falcons win the Seahawks get the 1 seed cause they beat the Panthers heads up and the best the panthers can be is 12-4 and that is the worse the Seahawks can be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chawx":22kf573o said:
What does the rulebooks say about us letting Atlanta borrow our defense for tonight's game?

Where is the contract??? Could be a rental fee?? TATES RENTS??? LOL
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basically all we need is one win with one left to play or one Niner loss with two left to play to clinch the West and #1 seed.

mrblitz

Reaction score
assuming sf beats atlanta, if the saints lose at home to tampa bay, cardinals will be playing for a playoff spot against sf next week.

if/when seahawks beat the rams, it's all moot for us; we capture homefield.

that sure would be something; if atlanta were somehow to trip up the 49ers tonight. i really don't see that happening at all though.

marko358

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this will be two years straight where I'll be cursing at the TV late in the season because of the stupid Falcons.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I would like the improbable to happen tonight. Not because it would give the Seahawks the #1 seed (I would rather seem them take that on a win for momentum) but because it would offer a chance at the 49ers being eliminated all together next week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
While it would be a wonderful Christmas present, nothing I've seen out of the Falcons makes me believe they don't go into Candlestick tonight and get absolutely shelled.

I'm just hoping the Falcons score enough and protect the ball to diminish the 49ers defense in fantasy :lol:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
mrblitz":6dvpoqvq said:
assuming sf beats atlanta, if the saints lose at home to tampa bay, cardinals will be playing for a playoff spot against sf next week.

that sure would be something; if atlanta were somehow to trip up the 49ers tonight. i really don't see that happening at all though.
Looks like the Saints-Bucs game was moved to 4:25 EST so Cards WILL have something to play for on Sunday because they CAN'T be eliminated before kickoff of their game with the Niners!

BUT...I prefer we just beat the Rams!

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueTalons":3utbc9r9 said:
mrblitz":3utbc9r9 said:

Looks like the Saints-Bucs game was moved to 4:25 EST so Cards WILL have something to play for on Sunday because they CAN'T be eliminated before kickoff of their game with the Niners!

BUT...I prefer we just beat the Rams!

This is good news...even if the Cardinals don't make the playoffs and even if we win our game to clinch, I still want to see the Niners lose their game against the Cardinals next week.

Latest posts