Player Discounts

Anthony!

Reaction score
Penman96":2l29mihh said:
mikeak":2l29mihh said:
Penman ^ and I disagree

Coaches, GM's would look at RW over RGIII in most cases. RGIII year one was the result of a system and he has a complete lack of durability

Many would also pick him at the same spot or higher than as Luck / Kaep / Newton. Even if for the arguments sake you say lower are you aware that Cutler signed for $18 million / year? Flacco is getting what $20 million / year? Eli is getting something similiar

It doesn't matter if you rank RW first or fifth or eight - he is in the upper group that is getting $18 million plus per year and there is no way this team is saying goodbye to him

We do disagree, and I hope I'm right because I want to see the Seahawks win another SuperBowl, and not get screwed by making the same old mistakes that other post-SuperBowl teams have made and then gone on to fail. I do not want to see any single player make so much money that it hinders our ability to field a strong team. +18 million for a QB? I think not.

There aren't many QB in the league getting +18 million against the cap in 2014 to my knowledge. Rodgers, Brees, Manning (greater) and Brady are under 18 million.

Flacco counts 14.8 million and will surely renegotiate end of this season because he's aware he has doomed his team to failure with his contract. Stafford 15.8 - likely renegotiating. Matt Ryan - 17.5.

Romo - 21 million but renegotiating. Remember he's with another doomed team with 3 players taking over 50 million in cap.

Anyway, these numbers above are to show the bad things that come from paying an average QB a hideous amount of money. Us paying ANY QB +18 million with our system is simply crackers.

ahh no the 18+ mil for 2014 club is Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Brees, Manning, Cutler, Romo

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/ave ... arterback/

You see I to want to win another SB which is why I hope and think your wrong, because without a franchise QB we are not winning another QB. Rw will get 16-18 which is very reasonable for a top 10, record setting, SB winning QB. IF it is constructed right they will have no problems with it and keeping the team SB competitive.

Penman96

Reaction score
Try this link for cap hits - http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap ... arterback/

The over 18 million club are Jay Cutler ($22,500,000), Tony Romo ($21,773,000), Eli Manning ($20,400,000), Ben Roethlisberger ($18,895,000), and Drew Brees ($18,400,000). Now we won't agree on much, but one thing we would probably agree is that the QB's on the list are getting paid way to much. And they are experienced veterans averaging about 10 years in the league.

Then there are a group that are taking a cap hit around 16 - 18 million, these are P. Manning, Bradford, Rodgers, Ryan and Rivers. Notice we haven't even mentioned Flacco or Brady yet?

So what I'm hearing from some on this forum is that our supposed 18 million / year QB Russell Wilson, after his third year in the league, is going to leap past the likes of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Rivers, shoot past all his colleagues like Luck, Newton, Kaep, Tannehill, Griffen et all, and go straight into the pay scale loonie-land occupied by Romo and Culter...on just his second contract in the NFL. To me that sounds insane.

I'd expect Russ to get paid very well but it needs to benefitial for the Seahawks first and foremost. The +18 million QB's are like millstones around the teams' neck, I'm hoping we don't join their ranks.