Pick #81 - G Christian Haynes

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Zinter here would've been pretty disappointing to me, especially given injury concerns. Haynes feels better in both caliber and profile.
Zinter and Haynes have very similar PFF scores, I think both would have been good here. Zinter has more size and experience against higher competition.

Yes, he was injured in the B1G Championship but it was a clean break of the tibia and fibula with no ligament damage.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
We used ten draft picks in rounds 1-3 on interior linemen while Pete was here.

It's possible to praise the current regime without ripping on the last one.
It's true, we don't have to rip the last regime. I'm a known PC backer, and I respect the heck out of him.
My issue was that recent picks didn't match the montra of building the lines. Yes they spent some capital (unfortunately incorrectly in many cases) on the lines. It was clearly not their first priority. PC vs JS, blame who you will, but i see a change in the first draft. Is that a PC VS MM question. Well, the change this draft is not trading down.

For instance, not selecting Carter (sorry, dead hourse from me). We would not have had a needed to trade for big cat. It was clear we missed interior defensive line, or else we would not have needed big cat. It was a miss as we needed a mid season correction. Dare I say we might not even have needed to draft Brylon, although the pick is good.
Sorry for the derail, but it's just to illustrate the point of lines not being the primary goal. At the least piss poor results, other than neglect.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Gawtdamn…I’ve been watching videos on this kid. His stats, sacks and pressures allowed are simply phenomenal.

Admittedly, I didn’t know much about him before.

I do now.

Loving this draft and we’re only two picks in…

Hotchy

Reaction score
Awesome plan of attack. I'd like to see them get a LG now in Mason McCormick to really solidify that line. Then draft LB Trotter with that 2nd 4th to challenge for a starting spot

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears get LT Amegadjie at #75.
Seahawks got Haynes at #81.

I will be comparing these two guys over the next couple years.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Love how they are fixing the middle this draft. We've been avoiding it for years. Tired of being a finnesse team and getting kicked in the teeth.
In the glory days of our runs to the Superb owl, we had O lines that would chew up the Niners. It was shocking that they dismantled it a piece at a time. Hate on Dallas all you want, but they have the same cap to work under, but they had maybe the best O line in the NFL for years, and rebuilt it to today, where it is just top tier. While Seattle fell apart, along with the O line.

Latest posts