Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

Scout

Reaction score
Seattle needed help on the DLine, now they have it...

...and people are complaining.

CLASSIC.
Mac put on the tape and he saw keystone cops out there when the Hawks tried to stop the run and rush the passer from the inside. No offense intended to D. Jones but he did not live up to his contract that he signed. But I think Mac can rejuvenate D. Jones' career.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Cons: not quite as good as literally the best DT in NFL history.
Um, you're missing the point. He's being compared to, as you say, the best DT in NFL history. He hasn't even stepped onto an NFL field yet. That isn't a con, ever.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Wrecking ball. Dude has violent hands and good moves. Nothing to hate with this pick. I would have loved Fautanu...but Murphy is a fantastic pick. DL talent drops off significantly after round 2. Great work John and Co.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps, but you can still troll. The question was whether you intended to troll with that post. If you say it wasn't an attempted troll job, I'll believe you, but yours is a decidedly minority opinion.
It was an attempt at a serious post. I knew it would go against the grain. I'm just not a big fan of the selection. But I'm a nobody and admittedly not very intelligent, so take that as you will.

GemCity

Reaction score
Troy Fautanu or Dallas Turner. Much much better prospects.

They could've gotten Murphy after 20. Complete waste. Disappointing.

Rooting for him, but this is yet another concerning pick by Schneider
I think Murphy is going to do well but, I also thought we would’ve snatched up Turner.

I get what you’re saying..,