Pick # 121 - TE AJ Barner

Scout

Reaction score
Nice addition to the TE room. May see playing time in 12 personnel formations.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bahhhhh. I don't like it for 2024, but he'll be our TE2 in the future. Dissly-ish. Tough blocker. Limited upside in the passing game, but he can bowl guys after the catch from time to time.

I'm a bit disappointed we punted on obtaining Mustapha. I friggin' love that guy.

They're definitely not drafting with a short-sighted frame of mind. I like that.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I would have preferred Cade Stover or have kept our original pick earlier and taken Theo Johnson, but I'm happy we're at least addressing the position.
Shocking that a tOSU fan wanted Stover. He isn't a run blocker. I prefer Barner for the Seahawks.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
He is JJ McCarthy’s choice for the Michigan player who will make a bigger impact in the NFL

Zybot

Reaction score
I like him. Not a lot of opportunities in the offense but always makes himself a good target with good release. Looks like good hands. I see him as a depth piece

Rat

Reaction score
Shocking that a tOSU fan wanted Stover. He isn't a run blocker. I prefer Barner for the Seahawks.
I'd advocated for many Michigan players in the past, including driving the Amara Darboh bandwagon. I don't care where Barner went to school, I just think with the makeup of our current TEs, we should have been targeting a player who was more of a receiving threat, and/or an athletic freak like Theo. Barner will probably be a solid backup though; I certainly don't think he's bad.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I'd advocated for many Michigan players in the past, including driving the Amarah Darboh bandwagon. I don't care where Barner went to school, I just think with the makeup of our current TEs, we should have been targeting a player who was more of a receiving threat, or an athletic freak like Theo.
We have Noah Fant and you can bet on Grubb properly utilizing him. I see this as a replacement for Dissly and a good one at that.