Pete is now delusional......

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is not going to face the fact that Norton does not have the mentality or the intellect for the position of DC at the NFL level.

He knows Norton. He is already loyal to his people and has a history of protecting terrible coordinators.

Someone like Norton that has been with him for so long is going to engender even more fierce loyalty.

We are stuck with him as we are likely stuck with excuses like this for the rest of the year in what will surely be similar losses to come, as well as a very likely quick exit from the playoffs.

hoxrox

Reaction score
In a pre-game presser, the Bill's head coach said they would try to control clock and play keep-away from Wilson. Instead they came out guns-a-blazin. PC may have been tricked into thinking their game plan would be to run the ball.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
hoxrox":1ckfhoi2 said:
In a pre-game presser, the Bill's head coach said they would try to control clock and play keep-away from Wilson. Instead they came out guns-a-blazin. PC may have been tricked into thinking their game plan would be to run the ball.
Good to know Pete’s gameplans are put together through opposing teams press conferences!! Lololol old man Pete :les:

zchurch74

Reaction score
Flying 3000 miles is t an excuse. We have won I think 8 in a row. We had also won a bunch in a row when other QB throws for over 400 yards. Now these are completely meaning less. Getting out coached and not being prepared isn’t acceptable.

As Jerhawk says above, how does he respond to a coach who always out coaches Pete. The sky isn’t falling but losing to the Rams won’t help.

Previous weeks everyone’s defense of our D was we weren’t getting any pass rush to the secondary couldn’t defend. Well, we had pressure and secondary still stunk it up.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I agree with the OP.

This is not the first time Carroll was outcoached.

Bad DC, injuries or not, it’s up to the head coach to recognize deficiencies and understand when to abandon game plans and play it as is.

No adjustments were made and that was just bad.

This loss was as much a product of Carroll not knowing when to change and adjust as much as the blame should be on the DC as well.

This was one of the more pathetic football games I’ve seen from Seattle, defensively that is.

LTH

Reaction score
Just drink another beer it will get better the more you drink...

FIRE PETE!!! he lost two games and we can't have that!!! FIRE PETE... :sarcasm_on:

I swear Seattle has the most fickle fans in the league

LTH

Tusc2000

Reaction score
PNW":btt9nqp6 said:
About to change the title of the thread to “Pete is now delusional and some of his fans are following suit.......”

You're the delusional one. You've been posting on this board for 2 months and all you bring is doom and gloom. Did you ever think we'd be tied for the 1 seed halfway through the season? Of course, you didn't. All you do is whine and complain and predict the sky will fall. But you're consistent -- you spew your negativity whether we win or lose..

Schadie001

Reaction score
The people who are delusional are those terrible reporters who ask the dumbest questions every week. Please ask the man something of substance. Like Pete, your defense is giving up historical numbers against them in the passing game this year. Every week we hear "we need to get better" but you aren't getting better. Do there need to be changes in your coaching staff, or scheme? Are the Seahawks just going to have to rely on offense this year because you don't have the talent on your team to fix the Defense?

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2tsbszju said:
PNW":2tsbszju said:
About to change the title of the thread to “Pete is now delusional and some of his fans are following suit.......”

You're the delusional one. You've been posting on this board for 2 months and all you bring is doom and gloom. Did you ever think we'd be tied for the 1 seed halfway through the season? Of course, you didn't. All you do is whine and complain and predict the sky will fall. But you're consistent -- you spew your negativity whether we win or lose..
Most here just happen to see things for what they truly are. If it wasn’t for being lucky enough to draft a future HOF QB we would be as bad record wise as some of the worst teams in the league. Me being on here since summer time has nothing to do with anything, I’ve been watching the Seahawks and going to games since the Kingdome was around. I just happen to join and add my take not too long ago. It’s cool that you’re okay with an early playoff exit year after year and currently on pace to be one of the worst defenses in the history of the league, you feel how you want to feel. Me and most others on this thread are not happy with this though so learn to deal with it. I hate when you spew delusional points about me always being negative when that’s 100% not true. You feel I’m negative fine, I feel you’re delusional. Have a good day :2thumbs:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
PNW":1kxgmay1 said:
Tusc2000":1kxgmay1 said:
PNW":1kxgmay1 said:

If it wasn’t for being lucky enough to draft a future HOF QB we would be as bad record wise as some of the worst teams in the league.

Lucky enough to draft a future HOF QB???

It wasn't luck. It was not only a well-thought-out draft pick, but a very shrewd move to start a rookie over a higher profile free agent QB that Pete and John signed in the off-season.And yes, without Russ we would be nowhere near 6-2. But that's true of most teams with great QBs, as the Packers showed when they lost Rodgers and the Steelers showed when they lost Big Ben to injuries.

I will definitely have a good day.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
zchurch74":2th123ec said:
This is not Pete’s first game he admitted they were unprepared.

I don't know how you have any business as a coach to never be prepared to do your job. What that implies is like Pete knew a game was coming but hand-waved it and said, "Meh, we got this." I doubt this is his attitude, but what else can you gather from that if you admit to being unprepared?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Schadie001":7kjaag9q said:
The people who are delusional are those terrible reporters who ask the dumbest questions every week. Please ask the man something of substance. Like Pete, your defense is giving up historical numbers against them in the passing game this year. Every week we hear "we need to get better" but you aren't getting better. Do there need to be changes in your coaching staff, or scheme? Are the Seahawks just going to have to rely on offense this year because you don't have the talent on your team to fix the Defense?
They are more interested in being "buddies" with Pete than actually asking relevant questions.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
iigakusei":191wx4fm said:
Schadie001":191wx4fm said:
They are more interested in being "buddies" with Pete than actually asking relevant questions.

Hahaha I agree! a bunch of LTH and tusc2000 minded reporters out here :lol: too bad we don’t have brutally honest reporters like the East Coast media has in times like this. To be clear I do feel extremely lucky to be 6-2 with this god awful defense, personally I just don’t have high playoff expectations for us later on this year. Yes it could be worse, we certainly could easily be 0-8 with this defense if it wasn’t for Dangeruss. I guess I’m just crazy wanting another SB :snack:

zchurch74

Reaction score
Pete admitted on the radio this morning they were not prepared! Those words came out of his mouth. How the **** can you admit that??? It’s obvious he wasn’t lying. I truly believe they were prepared to play a game but not against a team like Buffalo. Pete needs to realize Russ can’t win every game and the D can just not be prepared.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Preparing the D is not Pete's job.

It was Norton's. Norton just failed at it. Again.

Pete takes responsibility for Norton's failures because he knows the heat won't get too hot on him. It will be too hot for Norton if the spotlight continues to land on him.

John63

Reaction score
PNW":3keg9m9o said:
"These guys didn't even try to run the football today. We didn't expect that to happen. We didn't think they would totally abandon the running game. We had a real nice plan for how they were gonna run it. We have to be able to adapt better."

“I don’t recognize that game. We haven’t seen us look like that. It’s a game that I don’t have any place in my brain for it,” said Carroll, whose team dropped to 6-2 on the season. “They (the Bills) made it look easy.”
-Pete Carroll

This is just embarrassing and sad to hear him be so clueless :roll:

ahh okay and it took you the whole game to figure it out? What about on offense after AZ did you not think they would blitz the heck out of us?

I find this whole thing ridiculous and the sounds of a coach who is clueless.

RCATES

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21c641la said:

Pete takes responsibility for Norton's failures because he knows the heat won't get too hot on him. It will be too hot for Norton if the spotlight continues to land on him.

From Greg Bell of the Seattle Times who has covered the Seahawks the last decade and knows Pete to a T.

"Scheme, personnel, even play calls, this is Pete Carroll's defense. Not Ken Norton Jr.'s. So changes to the #Seahawks' potentially fatal flaws will have to come from the top man"

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
RCATES":3ab9w25a said:
TwistedHusky":3ab9w25a said:

From Greg Bell of the Seattle Times who has covered the Seahawks the last decade and knows Pete to a T.

"Scheme, personnel, even play calls, this is Pete Carroll's defense. Not Ken Norton Jr.'s. So changes to the #Seahawks' potentially fatal flaws will have to come from the top man"
This ^^^

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RCATES":1mulwmsc said:
TwistedHusky":1mulwmsc said:

I’ve also heard Gregg Bell say this on the radio.

Like it or not, posters here that doesn’t believe there is a huge problem evident in Carroll’s defense now,
Carroll should take responsibility for the bad defense as well.

The defensive game plan goes through Carroll first then Norton.

Everything Norton does gets the green light from Carroll first.

LTH

Reaction score
PNW":2su38r6u said:
iigakusei":2su38r6u said:
Schadie001":2su38r6u said:

Hahaha I agree! a bunch of LTH and tusc2000 minded reporters out here :lol: too bad we don’t have brutally honest reporters like the East Coast media has in times like this. To be clear I do feel extremely lucky to be 6-2 with this god awful defense, personally I just don’t have high playoff expectations for us later on this year. Yes it could be worse, we certainly could easily be 0-8 with this defense if it wasn’t for Dangeruss. I guess I’m just crazy wanting another SB :snack:

The truth is you don't understand what is happening you don't understand the process...Yes the D has obstacles to overcome but part of the fun of the season is watching how they overcome those obstacles... the season is the platt form to get better and yeah the D has not overcome their issues quite yet and frankly it might be a few more weeks... they need to get healthy and the starters need to play together creating some continuity...

So if your only point is they need to fire Norton and the D sucks, everybody can see that the D has issues... everybody knows that... your not telling us anything that a kid in 6th grade can't figure out...

if you think firing Norton is the answer to solving the D issues your wrong...even Holmgren said it's not Norton he said that on KJR...

People in general have to work through adversity... people dont become great just all of a sudden... they become great by working through adversity by working hard and focusing on their craft...

Now it might turn out that Norton doesn't rise to the occasion but right now he is proving his worth... it might turn out that this team can't overcome the injuries and don't reach their goal...then you can be proud that you pointed it out for everybody to see and pat yourself on the back in the face of your negativity...

There are those of us who choose to see the positive and enjoy our 6-2 season...

So in the case that the hawks meet their goals are you going to be a bandwagon fan? cause i'm going to say get off the wagon buddy LMAO!!

LTH

Latest posts