Pete is now delusional......

mrblitz

Reaction score
What about number 35? He seems like a baller, but it seems like he only gets spot duty.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
mrblitz":d9dwpm81 said:
What about number 35? He seems like a baller, but it seems like he only gets spot duty.
The fact that HC put #22 out there over #35 shows a lot to me about how delusional he’s becoming. While I greatly appreciated his toughness and willingness to try and gut it out, Dunbar had no business being out there for so long, he was maybe 75% if that! SMH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PNW":1cmja1ch said:
mrblitz":1cmja1ch said:
The fact that HC put #22 out there over #35 shows a lot to me about how delusional he’s becoming. While I greatly appreciated his toughness and willingness to try and gut it out, Dunbar had no business being out there for so long, he was maybe 75% if that! SMH

Neal's been dealing with a hamstring and hip injury for 2-3 weeks, so throwing out a converted safety who hasn't started at CB since 2015 in college....................who's also injured is probably not the best idea.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tdb2xgj said:
PNW":1tdb2xgj said:
mrblitz":1tdb2xgj said:

Neal's been dealing with a hamstring and hip injury for 2-3 weeks, so throwing out a converted safety who hasn't started at CB since 2015 in college....................who's also injured is probably not the best idea.
They directly asked PC during his last presser yesterday (@20:00 minute mark) if Neal is an option at CB and Pete said “He is an option you know, we’ve training him there in years past so he is an option.” Sounds like he’s an option at CB to me, so I go back to my original point, I would’ve rather seen Neal get a shot sooner because Dunbar was absolutely trash out there with his knee injury. Neal is no longer listed on the injury report and full participation in practice so far this week, so he’s currently healthier than Dunbar.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PNW":1qamnx2n said:
Sgt. Largent":1qamnx2n said:
PNW":1qamnx2n said:
mrblitz":1qamnx2n said:

They directly asked PC during his last presser yesterday (@20:00 minute mark) if Neal is an option at CB and Pete said “He is an option you know, we’ve training him there in years past so he is an option.” Sounds like he’s an option at CB to me, so I go back to my original point, I would’ve rather seen Neal get a shot sooner because Dunbar was absolutely trash out there with his knee injury.

I heard Pete, and if you know how to parse how Pete talks, when he says "he's an option"............he means last option.

When has Pete every just thrown in a player where he hasn't been practicing during a game? Especially at CB.

So my guess is we'll see Stephens and DJ Reed at CB, and Neal will stay at his safety position backing up Adams, and only be used as an emergency CB if needed.

I get it, Dunbar was visibly hurt and he wasn't playing well. But Pete's like I said, hesitant to just throw guys into the fire during games without some practice time.

If Neal's been practicing all week to play CB? Then hell yeah, let's roll. CB play can't get any worse.........and you know McVay is going to roll out the 4 and 5 wides all game to stretch us to our limits at the DB position.