Pete flipping the scales again

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2lzvb811 said:
chris98251":2lzvb811 said:
Seahawkfan80":2lzvb811 said:
The only discrepancy I could see in this concept is the fact the WCO is more a passing run and gun type of offense. I dont think that PC would have liked or let that happen. I believe that he would have demanded a running attack no matter what as it breeds total control of the ball. Time of Possession is controlled by keeping the clock running and running plays have a better chance of doing just that. Dink and dunk plays help in that regard but are risky I think he would say.

The rest of the post is great stuff...Kudos.

Pete always said he liked the ball control of the WCO, Walsh just had Taylor, Rice, Jones and a Game Manager named Montana, you can't forget they had Wendell Tyler and Watters as well, Hearst was there also and Roger Craig over the years. They had a running game, without those receivers they may have been a bit more balanced then the 65 percent they threw the ball.

Very good points. I recall that Ninah team from back when. They were good setting up the run by the pass.

They had a pretty good run/pass mix. Craig had one year of 1,000 yds rushing/1,000 yds receiving I believe. incredible year.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1nhz5d0k said:
Seahawkfan80":1nhz5d0k said:
chris98251":1nhz5d0k said:
Pete always said he liked the ball control of the WCO, Walsh just had Taylor, Rice, Jones and a Game Manager named Montana, you can't forget they had Wendell Tyler and Watters as well, Hearst was there also and Roger Craig over the years. They had a running game, without those receivers they may have been a bit more balanced then the 65 percent they threw the ball.

Very good points. I recall that Ninah team from back when. They were good setting up the run by the pass.

They had a pretty good run/pass mix. Craig had one year of 1,000 yds rushing/1,000 yds receiving I believe. incredible year.
See my post a little earlier.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Great write up.

He’s always had that run first approach. That’s old school and definitely frustrates several on .net who wants to see more passes and spread offenses so they can load up on their fantasy fball numbers.

But I digress.

On defense, didn’t PC say he really developed his kick step, single high safety philosophy as the DB coach with the Vikings?

And, didn’t he create the Elephant/Leo position as the DC with the Niners? Or was it with the NY Jets? In any case, he always had a fast DE who would bring the heat.

It was Jeff Lageman w/the Jets and Rickey Jackson & Chris Doleman with the Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As frustrating as it was after the first two games, he owned up to it and is now doing exactly what he said he would do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
One thing I really enjoyed about this game was Aikman waxing poetic about how underrated Doug Baldwin is and also saying—twice—that he thinks this is some of the best coaching Pete has done.

mrblitz

Reaction score
it's a thing of beauty, going against the nfl grain, and having a power run game.

and with russ there to throw multiple TD passes per game, it's a potent offense.

mrt144

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2qjng3pd said:
I'm tellin' ya, we're running the table and going 11-5. Maker my words!

Is this an idiom gone wrong by way of spellcheck?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1pn475c2 said:
GeekHawk":1pn475c2 said:

It started a few years back with a guy that may have been from another country or just had many spelling/grammatical errors. This one caught on.

mrt144

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3at0c5zu said:
mrt144":3at0c5zu said:
GeekHawk":3at0c5zu said:

It started a few years back with a guy that may have been from another country or just had many spelling/grammatical errors. This one caught on.

Whew! I thought it was odd that it kept cropping up again and again like malicious code was inserted. :lol:

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Whatsyurprob, Les used to use it all the time in fun, Lovejoy / Whatyurprob was a classic guy, was an expert at everything.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Matt Hass is RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Maker my word.

Zeearend

Reaction score
PasteyNuTTeR":mttb9jow said:
I enjoyed the original post. Well done sir. :2thumbs:

Indeed. :2thumbs:

I love the fact that if we don't have the best players to execute what everybody does on offense, we then try to beat them with something they are not used to see every week.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts