Pete and his staff should go.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yfbnjwa said:
mistaowen":1yfbnjwa said:
Sgt. Largent":1yfbnjwa said:
mistaowen":1yfbnjwa said:
Pete does seem to be a bit less 'into it' this year but I don't think he's ready to hang it up yet. I really think a shake up at the assistant coaching positions would do wonders for this group. Richard can yell at the players all he wants on the sidelines but blown plays have become more of a norm than usual. There certainly seems to be a resentment towards the coaches on that side of the ball, Earl has made a few comments about reporters needing to 'ask the coaches' on blown coverage's.

Would love to get a guy who takes control of the offense as well, mold an offense to take Russell to the next level. Not sure who that is but year 7-8 of Bevell/Cable is too long and there are plenty of young, creative minds out there to find someone who fits. Offense stinks for 2/3 of every game, unacceptable at this point.

All true, but I don't think Pete has it in him to give up control. Just as Holmgren didn't, and left when Allen made him give up control.

Once coaches have 100% control, it's very rare that they ever give that up. Because they have massive ego's, and Pete at 67 isn't going to change now.

I agree about his ego but Belichick did the same thing when he gave the offensive reigns to Brady and McDaniels. PC and BB are both terrific motivators and defensive minds, BB has accepted McDaniels taking over the offense is for the best. Pair Wilson up with someone who knows how to utilize his unique skillset and really hit his ceiling. Will Pete do the same or trot Bevell/Cable out there next year as yes men with similar results?

Well..............so far Pete hasn't fired any coach that I can think of. If they've left, they've left for other jobs or promotions.

So if we're using the "past performance dictates future actions/results" line of thought? No, if Pete stays he's going to draw a line in the sand and refuse to make the necessary coordinator changes.

Even going back to his college days, he's kept things in his own coaching tree. And if Allen forces his hand and tells him that's the only way he stays? Pete walks.

Pete fired OC Jeremy Bates after his first year over a difference in "philosophy" in 2011.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
If we could just run the football and make our field goals. Then we wouldn’t have to talk about firing Pete or trading Russell Wilson. We’d have won the division in that case.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
907Hawk":gveffvwp said:
Sgt. Largent":gveffvwp said:
mistaowen":gveffvwp said:
Sgt. Largent":gveffvwp said:
All true, but I don't think Pete has it in him to give up control. Just as Holmgren didn't, and left when Allen made him give up control.

Once coaches have 100% control, it's very rare that they ever give that up. Because they have massive ego's, and Pete at 67 isn't going to change now.

I agree about his ego but Belichick did the same thing when he gave the offensive reigns to Brady and McDaniels. PC and BB are both terrific motivators and defensive minds, BB has accepted McDaniels taking over the offense is for the best. Pair Wilson up with someone who knows how to utilize his unique skillset and really hit his ceiling. Will Pete do the same or trot Bevell/Cable out there next year as yes men with similar results?

Well..............so far Pete hasn't fired any coach that I can think of. If they've left, they've left for other jobs or promotions.

So if we're using the "past performance dictates future actions/results" line of thought? No, if Pete stays he's going to draw a line in the sand and refuse to make the necessary coordinator changes.

Even going back to his college days, he's kept things in his own coaching tree. And if Allen forces his hand and tells him that's the only way he stays? Pete walks.

Pete fired OC Jeremy Bates after his first year over a difference in "philosophy" in 2011.
Was Jeremy Bates the winningest OC in Hawks history?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1bruukgi said:
907Hawk":1bruukgi said:
Sgt. Largent":1bruukgi said:
mistaowen":1bruukgi said:

Was Jeremy Bates the winningest OC in Hawks history?

Did he have our once in a generation defense? You get off over the winnigest blah blah.. yet fail to mention the bar wasn't very Damn high previously...

adeltaY

Reaction score
scutterhawk":30auk6nv said:
CHawkTailGator":30auk6nv said:
I don't think we need start running through a bunch of different coaching staffs...i mean, look at all the bad franchises out there...Cincy, SF, CLE. You think blowing up the coaching staff has helped those teams? Continual turnover doesn't beget success.

I think the team needs to get healthy and away from football in the long offseason and refocus.
I have to somewhat agree, though some minor changes Position Coaching might actually rekindle the fire that seems to be going out.
Pete doesn't need to be gone, and anyone calling for his removal are damned idiots, BUT, in my unprofessional opinion, there does need to be some scheme changes, more imaginative Offensive Play-calls, A RUNNINGBACK COACH, and a new O-Line Coach, that knows how to maximize protection of our Franchise Quarterback.
I appreciate Pete wanting to show his support for some of his Coaches getting HC jobs, & position upgrades elsewhere, but there are some, that I feel, if at all possible, SHOULD HAVE BEEN RETAINED.
Now someone back up the hill was actually insinuating that Players are pretty much telling Pete to zip it, and doing what they want to do....NOT TRUE!!
Russell Wilson has NO QUIT in him, and that is actually a good thing, and Pete knows very well, that Wilson has pulled out some astonishing 4th quarter come backs in the past, and EVEN IF PETE KNEW that there was NO CHANCE of a come back win, Russell Wilson has EARNED the right to see the game played out.
Anyone truly BELIEVE that Bill Belicheat would pull Tom Brady AGAINST HIS WISHES?

Bill would 100% do that and there's nothing Tommy boy would be able to do about it.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
My point is that i don't like what i see so far. Is it Pete's fault ? Is it talent that we had more talent in the last years ? Is it assistants fault ? I dont know what it is , but they need to find it out and do the proper changes. I dont mind if Pete stays , he's no doubt a great coach , but these assistant coaches (except Richard) stink af ! So do an inside change ( fire Bevell and Cable 100%) , sign a damn good kicker (Nugent or Rose would be ok , or give Walsh a competition to have at least.). I really don't know why they keep Ifedi. That guy cant block and he's a penalty machine. But so far our OL has improved if you exclude the penalties that have killed us. And to respond to the guy who compared this team with 2013 , in 2013 we had Harvin , Bald and Tate ! If Avril , Kam and Lane are cut , i dont think we need replacements , we already have them. McDougald , Coleman/Shead and in DLine we are full ! So they could use this cap space to improve a position that hurts us..

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":196655gf said:
No changes necessary. This staff built a winner before and they are the most capable to repeat their magic. I'd like to see Pete completely hand over the keys of the offense to Bevell and let him dial it up unfettered. Instead, he has a governor harnessed by Pete's no-risk approach that's always getting in the way of what we're fully capable of.

In addition to that I would like to move on from cable ad get fresh eyes on this running game situation. I'm not convinced the ZBS is the end all be all. I also think some of our young O linemen might benefit from a fresh pair of eyes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mad Dog":7d212nlb said:
Can anyone tell me how many SB's the teams that fired Marty Schottenheimer won. You know the guy that could win 10+ games a year but not the big one. Don't bother looking it up. The answer is a big fat Zero.

But we're at that point now. Two years ago we got blown out by Carolina in the playoffs (Carolina played stall ball for the entire 2nd half and the score looked better than the game truly was), we made the playoffs last year and Atlanta crucified us as expected, and this year we arent even going to make the playoffs. I would much rather go on with a different coaching staff and take the chance of turning it around rather than accepting what we already know is going to happen. Thinking Pete can turn this around is crazy in my opinion. Its over.

Latest posts