Percy Draft Picks?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I know we gave up three picks for Harvin, and one was our #1 in the last draft. What were the other two?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yep, and the 3rd this year is more like a 4th.

I'm guessing that John and Pete will recover that 3rd somehow.

JonRud

Reaction score
Percy can completely justify this trade in the next month.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
If he stands out to help us win even just a game in the playoffs. I'll consider him worth it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I only consider it 1st and 3rd given up.

That 7th rounder was the pick we got from Buffalo for T-Jack. Since he came back, he went from 4 mil per year to Vet Min. And has been playing lights out in his limited opportunities to command the offense which likely means he's been lights out in practice which is awesome for everyone involved. As Knox always said perfect practice makes perfect.

I know it doesn't work that way trading away T-Jack and then signing him back less than a year later are two different instances and shouldn't be factored in justifying the Harvin trade.

However, Seahawks would of had five 7th rounders instead of four and seeing how only one of that four made the team (Michael Bowie) it wasn't as big of loss.

Losing that 1st rounder did hurt especially when you look at DeAndre Hopkins and Cordellle Patterson. But seeing how our 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder have rarely played but have been productive in limited snaps. Our 4th rounder was poached by SF. Our first two 5th rounders are on I.R. while our other 5th rounder Luke Willson has been a new toy for Bevell as a move TE. Our 6th rounder is on I.R. And again only one of the four 7th rounders made it. I'm not really worried what that 1st round pick could have been when none of our rookies have made a great impact this year and we are still a 13-3 NFC Best team going through plenty of injury and King of the Hill adversity.

Although I am bugged by that 3rd rounder. It pains me that Chris Harper didn't make the team as a 2014 3rd rounder would had the same value as a 2013 4th rounder.

So if we would had given up our 2013: 1st, 4th, and 7th round draft picks knowing what we know now... that trade doesn't look as bad and the Seahawks would have all their ammo for the 2014 draft.

But this team does the best in finding gems in the late rounds and their competetion mantra brings out the best in UDFAs which make our team generally cheaper compared to building with higher draft picks.

So overall, I'm not that upset over the loss draft capitol for Percy Harvin.