Draft Projections

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It is interesting to see so much hype and conjecture over something nobody knows how it will turn out. JS and Pete don’t even know. They have their board set up by best player and not need. One point JS made in an interview (I can’t find the specific interview but I do know it did happen) was that he will draft best player available. He said he had gotten away from that previously and the last draft he course corrected. The result was the best draft in a long time. I really think he will maintain this mindset. I think that is why you are seeing them filing so many holes in free agency. They don’t intend to steer the draft towards need but more best player available. Although I do feel the #5 pick will be more about potential QB options and who they might like since they get those kind of picks very infrequently. Other than that it is best man up according to their board. We may rant about what we need as a team but getting the most for your draft pick will be the corse of action IMHO.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It is interesting to see so much hype and conjecture over something nobody knows how it will turn out. JS and Pete don’t even know. They have their board set up by best player and not need. One point JS made in an interview (I can’t find the specific interview but I do know it did happen) was that he will draft best player available. He said he had gotten away from that previously and the last draft he course corrected. The result was the best draft in a long time. I really think he will maintain this mindset. I think that is why you are seeing them filing so many holes in free agency. They don’t intend to steer the draft towards need but more best player available. Although I do feel the #5 pick will be more about potential QB options and who they might like since they get those kind of picks very infrequently. Other than that it is best man up according to their board. We may rant about what we need as a team but getting the most for your draft pick will be the corse of action IMHO.
Best player or safest player? There’s a difference. That’s why some people say Carter and others say Wilson. Over on the Bears forum, we have the same debate.

TwilightError

Reaction score
if Kelee Ringo slides out of the first round, maybe all the way to late second round, I’m sure the will be very tempted. 6’2, runs 4,36 40. Super athlete but has work to do with ball skills. Sounds like a Seahawks CB project.