Per Kapadia, Troymaine Pope back with Seahawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":giuituzd said:
This is good news, lately most of the real news from the team has not been.

I wonder what this means for Rawls, and all the rest of the RB contingent?

It means they had a spot on the PS for him, as was the plan all along.. and after the Jets cut him they were allowed to finally pull it off?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":38hb1fyn said:
jammerhawk":38hb1fyn said:
This is good news, lately most of the real news from the team has not been.

I wonder what this means for Rawls, and all the rest of the RB contingent?

It means they had a spot on the PS for him, as was the plan all along.. and after the Jets cut him they were allowed to finally pull it off?
That's what he says in the link above.

--
Pope told reporters the Seahawks planned to sign him to the practice squad after final cuts on Sept. 3, but those plans changed when Pope was claimed by the Jets hours after being released.
--

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Doubt it, Pope doesn't have those ultra freak athleticism number 'The Konz' had.

He was a pre-season solid performer and was worth attempting to develop further until the Jets snagged him off waivers.

The Hawks snagged him back, time to wait for next year but time to allow him the sharpen up the D.

SeaChat

Reaction score
II was really disappointed when the Seahawks passed him up at the end of the preseason. I know we were top heavy with running backs and hard decisions had to made, but I felt like he had done everything that was asked of him and a whole lot more.

Listening to him in a couple of different interviews I felt like he was a perfect fit for the Seahawks. He has that whatever it is that makes Seahawk players special. Humility coupled with rock star talent, and a genuine passion for the game. A unwaivering desire to do everything in his power to help his team win. :2thumbs:

When I heard the other day that he'd been released from Dallas, I thought my hearing needed testing, because I was sure he'd signed with the Jets. I don't care who released him, I'm just as happy as I can be, that he found his way back home again, I hope he stays with us for a good long time. This kid is going ..to make his bones with the Seahawks, he will make a difference, its in his dna. I would love nothing more than to see him stick around and finish out his NFL career here, and see his number up in the Clink along side some of our other greats.

Lol i know, he's a rookie on our practice squad and already I've got him breaking records. I dont get to excited about to many players in Seattle, its just one of those " i can feel it in my guts" kind of preminitions, i hope he proves me right. Welcome home Troymaine ! Go Hawks!!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lol. I thought OP must be stupid and did not know how to spell per capita properly....

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

TwilightError

Reaction score
Good news. We missed on Spencer Ware who now contributes well for the chiefs. Pope seems just as talented to me.

hawk45

Reaction score
At least if Pope gets a carry I'll feel like there's a slight chance of him doing something. Every carry AC gets just feels like a kneel-down. A slower back just has no chance behind our line.

drdiags

Reaction score
We didn't miss on Spencer Ware. The guy got into trouble with those DUIs and the team opted to let him go. Maybe they should have given up on CMike before him at the time but it was a no-brainer.

Pope is back, glad to hear it so the fans can settle down.. Right now the RBs are in a state of flux until the team decides what their identity is. Not sure Rawls is going to be a factor at all this year and the team just does not have a physical presence when it comes to the run game.

Vetamur

Reaction score
For all the showed in training camp, literally every other team just passed on him which shows how he is seen..basically the beneficiary of preseason situations. I liked him and I have no doubt he will be an August wonder again next preseason but I doubt he is every much more than that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Did he get put on PS or will he be active for tonight?