PC/JS are fools

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
DK is one of our few stars. We are struggling to stay relevant to a disappointed fan base to keep it from turning into an apathetic one.
Last thing this team needed was a trade of a star, even if it benefited the team later - because you cannot afford to cultivate fan disinterest.

You raise a good point. DK with no QB is not going to be a great combo. He will probably get frustrated.

But we would have to either acknowledge this is a rebuild, or keep a star or two. You cannot trade Wilson and then your next biggest star then expect to come back well from it.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
DK is one of our few stars. We are struggling to stay relevant to a disappointed fan base to keep it from turning into an apathetic one.
Last thing this team needed was a trade of a star, even if it benefited the team later - because you cannot afford to cultivate fan disinterest.

You raise a good point. DK with no QB is not going to be a great combo. He will probably get frustrated.

But we would have to either acknowledge this is a rebuild, or keep a star or two. You cannot trade Wilson and then your next biggest star then expect to come back well from it.
This fan base isn't disappointed. We got a boatload of draft capital for an old fat short quarterback with a crooked finger that didn't want to be here. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Go Hawks!!!

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
DK is worth 2 #1 picks. F the Jets, until they get serious, J and P made the right decision.
#10 pick is worth more than ever. I would take best corner, or best T.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd contend its worth less, considering the decreasing importance of the salary cap and the trend of successful teams using top picks as bargaining chips for established veterans.

CPHawk

Reaction score
You’re trading a known quality player to gamble on a player who might be good or might be a bust. Two 1s or nothing. Pay TK and be happy.

rcaido

Reaction score
You’re trading a known quality player to gamble on a player who might be good or might be a bust. Two 1s or nothing. Pay TK and be happy.
We dont have a QB, why bother keeping or getting any quality high paying receivers. Just focus on defense & running back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
In today's NFL, teams that focus on defense and running the ball, get to be the Cleveland Browns...best case.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I can think of a lot worse things to have on the team than 5 years of FL Metcalf on a rookie deal. At worst, he will be a nice cushion to bring along our next QB.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
They didn’t make a move with DK because how the draft shakes out is more important for what the team looks like. It’s stupid to make a move on DK before we even know who the QB is going to be.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Let’s see we have a tall and fantastic wide receiver on a RC deal who we’ve been searching for for the last ten years and wants to be in Seattle.

Answer: let’s trade him!

Please sit back down with this nonsense.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let’s see we have a tall and fantastic wide receiver on a RC deal who we’ve been searching for for the last ten years and wants to be in Seattle.

Answer: let’s trade him!

Please sit back down with this nonsense.
He wants to be in Seattle since he’s the #1 weapon oh and don’t worry he wants his 30 mill per year contract along with it.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
In today's NFL, teams that focus on defense and running the ball, get to be the Cleveland Browns...best case.
I'm not advocating we trade DK, but LEST WE FORGET the 2017 Jacksonville Jaguars and their Superbowl win, with a backup quarterback, above average rb committee, and above-average defense?

BigMeach

Reaction score
Yes but we know that when the Hawks try to re-sign their players, they always low balled them. Just like DJ Reed.
Not much of quantifying your "always" statement with one example that isn't comparative at all.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bunch of idiots. They should had gotten an extension for DK already, but of course DK wouldn't give the Hawks a discount.

Jets offered the #10 pick and another for DK, and they foolishly declined to accept it. The only way they will accept DK is if some team give up multiple first round or 2nd round picks, but we know that ain't happening.

Well I can only guess DK will play this season, and won't re-sign with the team. His stats will be affected a lot. He will get tagged next season, and Still won't sign with the team. At that moment PC and JS will try to tag and trade (just like how they did with Clark). No one will give up a 1st round pick or even a 2nd or 3rd for that. DK will mostly hold out next season, and were stuck with him.
Who's smarter Qwerty or PC&JS?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I sincerely doubt any of us want to get rid of DK. As exclaimed many times, he's exactly what we've looked for in forever. But things change, the game changes and so does salaries. I respect both sides of this argument because I share both sides of this argument.

But some are being a bit less respectful in talking down to those that want to trade him while the getting is good. DK is being a good soldier right now, but if the mood fits him (and he can be emotional) he could sit and force our hand. In the end it will definitely come down to how much he wants and how much we want to pay him. Him and Lockett on a run first team. So we can get a jackpot for him now, maybe not so much later...and I think that is the sole point of those that want to trade him.

Big props to the Titans today. Whether it pans out for them or not, they certainly made their point.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
6 WRs taken in R1 argues that the league sees the veteran rate is inflated.

DK is a beast, but it’s a legit question if an extension represents value to a roster in flux.

Personally I’d extend and hope to snag a QB next year that can justify the investment. Maybe you get lucky on a late flyer this year, but I wouldn’t sacrifice day 2 or early 3 capital on it.