PC/JS are fools

QWERTY

Reaction score
Bunch of idiots. They should had gotten an extension for DK already, but of course DK wouldn't give the Hawks a discount.

Jets offered the #10 pick and another for DK, and they foolishly declined to accept it. The only way they will accept DK is if some team give up multiple first round or 2nd round picks, but we know that ain't happening.

Well I can only guess DK will play this season, and won't re-sign with the team. His stats will be affected a lot. He will get tagged next season, and Still won't sign with the team. At that moment PC and JS will try to tag and trade (just like how they did with Clark). No one will give up a 1st round pick or even a 2nd or 3rd for that. DK will mostly hold out next season, and were stuck with him.

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. They haven't re-signed key vets until after the draft in almost every case so far, so I'll have to disagree with your opinion on the matter for now. They always let things shake out after the draft and the FA period to do final negotiations for key guys with a year left on their contracts. Happened that way with Russ, with Wags, with Sherm, etc.

I'm not worried.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Meh. They haven't re-signed key vets until after the draft in almost every case so far, so I'll have to disagree with your opinion on the matter for now. They always let things shake out after the draft and the FA period to do final negotiations for key guys with a year left on their contracts. Happened that way with Russ, with Wags, with Sherm, etc.

I'm not worried.
Yes but we know that when the Hawks try to re-sign their players, they always low balled them. Just like DJ Reed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Plenty of time to extend DK if they want to once the draft is over.

Honestly, as much as we love DK, it's hard to imagine paying him what he wants which is 25M+. I just think philosophically John and Pete don't believe in paying your WR's that much of the cap, not when your offense is going to be running the ball 50%+ of the time.

John63

Reaction score
I doubt they resign him and the current Wr numbers. Given What PC wants to do on offense why pay a WR 10+ mil.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
At that moment PC and JS will try to tag and trade (just like how they did with Clark). No one will give up a 1st round pick or even a 2nd or 3rd for that.

>Just like Clark
>"No one will give up a 1st round pick, or even a 2nd or 3rd for that."

Sure, that makes sense.

Fade

Reaction score
"PC/JS are fools!"

This draft is make or break, see y'all on the otherside.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
How long have you followed this team? Did you start this off-season?

Seahawks don’t usually extend until training camp at the earliest after the draft.

I'm tired of you guys writing Seahawks don't usually extend until training camp. This situation is different, there's a need for premium WR's since there's hardly any in this draft. After the draft the value of WR's will go down ( Deebo, DK, etc.) Who cares if they don't extend until training camp, but we know that if DK isn't happy, he will hold out.

Mizak

Reaction score
DK waiting on Justin Jefferson extension with Vikings. Thats how much DK will ask for.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm tired of you guys writing Seahawks don't usually extend until training camp. This situation is different, there's a need for premium WR's since there's hardly any in this draft. After the draft the value of WR's will go down ( Deebo, DK, etc.) Who cares if they don't extend until training camp, but we know that if DK isn't happy, he will hold out.

Ok and?

Msfann

Reaction score
What is the best case scenario for drafting a receiver? Someone like Metcalf. What are the odds of a draft pick getting a player like him? very low, draft picks bust all the time. My point is when you have a guy like him you don't just trade him away unless unless its a crazy good offer.

getnasty

Reaction score
If there's any truth to the Jets offering 10 then i would have pulled the trigger on that. Love DK but he's gonna cost a boat load of cash.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Completely agree with the thread title for a variety of reasons i won’t list here.

However, just because the Seahawks “always” wait until after the draft and free agency to resign players does not make it the right approach.

also they do have a long and sordid history of screwing up the signing process. Low balling some we want. Way overpaying others that are JAGs. It’s sad.