Pay the Man! I know there's lots of time left but..

Willyeye

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that anything will happen before the draft. I think JS looks at the entire process as a kind of chess game. Throwing little tidbits where one perception could be that the Hawks might actually let Wilson walk, could be a ploy to perhaps make some other teams think they might actually be looking to draft a new QB. Either way, it's silly to even entertain the thought that the Hawks would let Wilson leave. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! I believe that even if they already have agreed on a deal, they might just want to wait until after the draft. And if they don't have a deal yet, who's to say that the negotiations aren't down to signing bonus and/or length of deal and/or guaranteed money? The number per year may have been agreed upon a month ago. Nobody outside of the loop really knows. There are a lot of reasons for Russell to want a cap friendly deal for the Hawks.

This deal will get done soon. And please folks, don't get caught up in the media-created drama. That's what the media people do nowadays. America craves drama, and there is always someone in the media willing to give it to them. Look at all the drama regarding Lynch. At the end of the day, the Hawks aren't stupid. They understand Lynch's value to the team, and they paid the man. The end result with Russell will be no different. He will get paid!!!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":m039d9tu said:
Ouch, that OKC reference was just mean man!

That's why I ended with it.

But it's okay - they'll need all the chaplains they can get in two years.

ringless

Reaction score
I say pay him. I feel like he is owed for the previous years. I want to see him have the biggest contract in NFL history for past and future contributions to your team.

Weadoption

Reaction score
He is the greatest qb in history over his first 3 years didn't Schneider see the thread?
6yrs 180 million