The "what I actually think will happen" mock draft v2

HawkGA

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2moocek9 said:
HawkGA":2moocek9 said:
I would like Seattle to come out of their first 4 picks with 3 offensive linemen but I realize that might be a bit much to ask. If they don't come out with 2, though, I'll be quite disappointed.
An OL doesn't need to be a stud to become a starter on our line.

Well true, but wouldn't it be nice if they did? I'm tired of the Cable "serviceable" approach and would actually like to see them get talent there.

penihawk

Reaction score
Ray Roberts is a good comparison for Ifedi. I didn't like him either. The only thing I can see for certain with Ifedi at OT is he is gonna get dinged for holding alot because he likes to extend those long arms trying to recover position. Maybe he becomes a great G?

Largent80

Reaction score
A & M had him at LT, he isn't one. They moved him to RT where he was much better. In the NFL, he will be a guard and a good one.

McGruff

Reaction score
For Seattle he's a LG or a RT. I think he can be coached up and overcome his technical issues. Again, Seattle looks for strengths, and in addition to his physical gifts he has elite initial quickness, elite feet when mirroring, and is aggressive. In fact the weirdest criticism of him is being soft when, if anything, it is his aggressiveness that gets the better of him. He plays outside of his frame too much.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are mocking ervin to the hawks. I admit he has some good qualities to him, I just think he is too small. 5 10 and 190 pounds. Seattle seems to like guys in the 5 11, 215 to 225 pound rbs. Rawls is only 5 9, but 215, turbin, 225, lynch, 225, jackson, 220, michael, 215 or so. Ervin looks more like a slot reciever rather than nfl running back. But I must admit, I have a serious draft crush on keith marshall. I know he has injury problems, but his numbers don't reflect his play on tape. He finally played a whole season last year, and averaged 5.1 yds per carry as a third stringer. I think, and this is just speculation, that he lost confidence from his coaches, and Nick chubb is a potential superstar, so he was kicked down to 3rd string. As I referred to earlier, his tape is a lot better than his numbers suggest. He not only is the fastest back in the draft, but at 5 11, 218 lbs, he runs with some power too. He has game changing potential. He has good patience, and good vision. One thing that kind of surprises me is his one cut, downhill running style. A lot of times, faster running backs like to juke around and use quickness to try and make you miss. He will find a hole and hit it hard. In that aspect, he kind of reminds me of rawls. I remember watching a game against clemson, where he drug two or three dudes into the endzone from about three yards out. That is when I was like whoa, who is this dude. If it wasn't for his knee injury, he and gurly may have ended up being one, if not the most prolific duo in ncaa history. He is going to come in with that chip on his shoulder, which we all know is a big thing in that locker room.
He also has that grit they want, bounce back from those injuries, and subsequently go from five star recruit to third string. What I have read, he has great character, despite all of the adversity he has faced. Admittedly, I don't know anything about his blocking skills. But if they can teach michael to block, I am sure they can this dude.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
1- Spriggs LT
2- Ogbah DE
3- Kenneth Dixon rb
3- Joe Dahl OG/OT/C
4-Rashan Robinson

I have also been thinking alot about Karl Joseph recently and how he screams Seahawks, the Deone buccanon position/Kam replacement if Kams slide last year doesn't turn around?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Kearly my first 3 match yours. I don't dig as deep so once we hit the 4th I'm probably not making much of an educated selection. I really, really want Coleman for some reason so if we could get him in the 2nd I would be pumped. He's sort of a wild card though and could go anywhere. Good post buddy.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
gowazzu02":jn6akcy2 said:
1- Spriggs LT
2- Ogbah DE
3- Kenneth Dixon rb
3- Joe Dahl OG/OT/C
4-Rashan Robinson

I have also been thinking alot about Karl Joseph recently and how he screams Seahawks, the Deone buccanon position/Kam replacement if Kams slide last year doesn't turn around?

I don't trust Cable to cover for Spriggs deficiencies, but otherwise I'd be pretty happy if the draft fell this way.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Was listening to brock and salk this morning, apparently one of their callers predicted Bruce Irvin 4 years ago out of no where. Same guys calling for Bullard this year.

Wondering if that person posts here???

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
gowazzu02":qej0n8z1 said:
Was listening to brock and salk this morning, apparently one of their callers predicted Bruce Irvin 4 years ago out of no where. Same guys calling for Bullard this year.

Wondering if that person posts here???

Very possible.

I think Billings deserves some mention as well. He may not be as "Seahawky" as Butler or Bullard, but he's the biggest butt-kicker at DT in this draft. Given JS's comments about "wanting to be the bully again," I think we should keep a close eye on Billings as he is extremely physical.

Rankins would probably be considered as well but I'm working on the assumption that Rankins is a top-15 lock.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
First-pick.com without any trades. Here is my list.

Round 1 Pick 26: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 25: T.J. Green, FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Jihad Ward, DT, Illinois (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A-)

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
seabowl":3ith5a2w said:
kearly":3ith5a2w said:
titan3131":3ith5a2w said:
Yes they will accept drawbacks, but I really think that there is a increased focus on becoming the bully again.

Carp had glaring weaknesses but he was physical and could push anyone around. Ifedi just screams soft to my amateur view. Literally seems like the epitome of looks like Tarzan play like Jane. I even saw a scout said he thinks ifedi will be out of the league in 3 years... I just can't get behind him, Rob is infatuated with him but he has even said he loves Coleman. I love the fire shon Coleman plays with and want him so bad, we need that breno nasty back.

I haven't watched a ton of Ifedi, but the two games I watched of him, he was kicking butt all over the field. Really nasty player. The guy NFL.com compares him to, Billy Turner, was also a vicious ass-kicker in the run game. Ifedi has some bad habits in pass pro (he's a bit of a leaner), otherwise he'd probably be a 1st round lock.

I find myself rooting for Cody Whitehair more and more. Versatile player with a really high ceiling. He could be like Breno at RT, Sweezy at RG, or in a best case, he could be like Zack Martin at center. He plays with a lot of fire and has a lot of untapped upside. And he also has that elusive 9' broad jump.

IMO Ifedi reminds me a lot of Ray Roberts. Really big but just not the complete player that I'd want to take with a high pick. Yep Ray Roberts 2.0.

I agree. In fact a guy on xm radio said he thought he would be a bust and out of the league in two years.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":38rhj4dp said:
Hasselbeck":38rhj4dp said:
kearly":38rhj4dp said:
seabowl":38rhj4dp said:

FWIW, I don't like the way the 2016 draft is shaping up either.

I think Ryan Kelly is this years Joel Bitonio. We're going to have the chance to grab him, we won't do it.. and Kelly will become a top flight center.

Turns out Bitonio didn't have a 9' Broad jump. It's possible he wasn't on their board at all.

Kelly doesn't have a 9' broad jump either.

Yeah, I'm bracing myself for us passing on him .. REALLY hope if we don't take him he's gone by 26, otherwise I'm going to be crushed when we pass on him.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ikes71r said:
kearly":2ikes71r said:
seabowl":2ikes71r said:

FWIW, I don't like the way the 2016 draft is shaping up either.

I think Ryan Kelly is this years Joel Bitonio. We're going to have the chance to grab him, we won't do it.. and Kelly will become a top flight center.

FWIW, Mike Mayock has Ryan Kelly going at #18 to the Colts.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2yupbs4g said:
If the Hawks keep the pick, I'd be shocked if it wasn't a pass rusher of some sort. I'm predicting Billings.

If they keep the pick, I think you're right. I do think they'll trade down though which opens up more possibilities, though still a good chance the first pick will be DL. I'd rather see OL, but I think it will be DL.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have a feeling that if we stay put in the first we'll be drafting a player that won't surprise us as much as people are always expecting with this FO. The DL/OL pools are fairly flat there with no strong consensus about the second round grades vs. late first round grades.

Ervin doesn't excite me either as I don't see how he fits with our current roster. How do we leverage a small speedy returner, and why would we value him as much as another team that needs one? I'd probably come around on him eventually once I saw what their plans were but maybe not even then.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OK, I'll bite. Trader John will trade back in both Rd #1 as value allows him to do so, he will also do so in Rd #2 situationally. He has faith in his draft board and knows there are players he can pick later in the draft and will pick up more picks to deepen the pile.

Rd. 1

#26 traded to Baltimore
for their pick #36 a swap of 3rd and 4th and a swap of the Ravens pick # 182 for the Hawks pick # 225

Rd. 2

# 36 OT- Jason Spriggs, alternatively DT- Jonathan Bullard who would be the next pick if he is still there @# 56

#56 traded to Cleveland for pick # 65 plus picks # 141 & # 176 and a future 2017- 6th but only if Bullard is drafted by then

Rd. 3

# 65 OT- Shon Coleman, alternatively OG- Connor McGovern, alternatively OT/G- Le'Raven Clark

#70 OG- Connor McGovern, alternatively DE- Bronson Kaufasi

#90, traded to Baltimore (see above)

#98 (c) OG/OT/OC- Joe Dahl

Rd. 4

# 104 WR- Devon Cajuste

# 122, traded to Baltimore

Rd. 5

# 141 CB- Rashard Robinson alternatively QB- Dak Prescott if so Robinson move down to the next pick

# 172 (c) OLB- Travis Fenney

Rd. 6

# 176 OLB/DE Stephen Weatherly

# 182 DT- Justin Zimmer

# 216 RB- Jhurrell Pressley

Rd 7

# 245 DT- Alex Balducci alternatively OT/TE- George Fant

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kf3339":18d560bx said:
I put together an entire mock with trades and analysis, but for whatever reason the site made me log in again and when I did it was all lost.

So instead of doing it again this late I will just post the picks and trades.....

2nd round, Pick 32 - (trade with The Browns and gain pick 100)

Germain Efedi - OT

2nd round, pick 51 - (trade with Jets for our 2017 1st round pick)

Andrew Billings - DT

2nd round, pick 56

Nick Martin - C

3rd round, pick 70 - (trade with Baltimore for pick 90, pick 225 and our 2017 4th round)

Javone Hargrave - DT

3rd round, pick 97

Conner McGovern - OG

4th round, pick 100

Nick Vannett - TE

5th round, pick 160 - (trade with Minnesota for pick 171 and 2016 pick 247)

Travis Feeney - LB

6th round, pick 215

BPA - could be a RB, Dl convert to the O-Line, CB/S, or even a QB. But more than likely a practice squad or official roster inactive.

Well, I had analysis for each pick and why my trades made sense, but it was all lost and too tired to redo. So this is it.

I know it's not realistic, but really who cares.

You were one spot off.

kf3339

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lrjnja5w said:
kf3339":lrjnja5w said:
I put together an entire mock with trades and analysis, but for whatever reason the site made me log in again and when I did it was all lost.

So instead of doing it again this late I will just post the picks and trades.....

2nd round, Pick 32 - (trade with The Browns and gain pick 100)

Germain Efedi - OT

2nd round, pick 51 - (trade with Jets for our 2017 1st round pick)

Andrew Billings - DT

2nd round, pick 56

Nick Martin - C

3rd round, pick 70 - (trade with Baltimore for pick 90, pick 225 and our 2017 4th round)

Javone Hargrave - DT

3rd round, pick 97

Conner McGovern - OG

4th round, pick 100

Nick Vannett - TE

5th round, pick 160 - (trade with Minnesota for pick 171 and 2016 pick 247)

Travis Feeney - LB

6th round, pick 215

BPA - could be a RB, Dl convert to the O-Line, CB/S, or even a QB. But more than likely a practice squad or official roster inactive.

Well, I had analysis for each pick and why my trades made sense, but it was all lost and too tired to redo. So this is it.

I know it's not realistic, but really who cares.

You were one spot off.

Just luck. But we shall see what happens tomorrow!