Pay Kam

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1lfjgyoc said:
Maelstrom787":1lfjgyoc said:
Kam has outplayed his contract, is one of the most important players on the team, and deserves to be paid more. He's certainly higher than the 8th best safety in the league. I hope the FO caves on this one, for their own good.

The defense needs him if they want to be anywhere near as dominant.

So could we ask for Harvins money back...Can we ask for Okungs money back. What about Wilson..he hasnt outplayed that Contract he just signed yet. Can the FO take some of that back if he regresses.

If you think he deserves to be paid more well then he would deserve to play for another team because there is noway in hell the Seahawks are going to shell out money to have the 1 and 2 highest paid safeties in the game, and Sherman who is one of the highest paid AND Wagner who was the highest paid MLB until Luke

Those 4 players take up about 41 million a year avg salary

If you look at the top avg salaries for defense Safeties and 4-3 OLB are the two lowest paid postions on avg. If you break it down further to SS Kam is at the top allready.

So tell me again how he is overperforming his contract compared to the position he pays. I guess he wants FS money when he is a SS

Plus, I will tell you again that he has outperformed his contract, and that Kam Chancellor is extremely important to our defense. But thank you for throwing out the overly-used "FS money" line again. Awfully original. I think that may have changed my opinion.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":xgs3d4lk said:
RCATES":xgs3d4lk said:
Without Kam's play, presence and leadership this secondary is nothing more then sub par. Ordinary .......
This is the most ridiculous and beyond absurd statement I have read tonight

:roll:

8 plays over 20 yards............ Gave up a total of 32 all of last year. Ironically the other big game last year of a lot of 20+ yard plays was the Chargers game in which Kam was banged up. Take off the goggles people. Watched the film this morning. We even had Sherman playing slot a ton in this game to help with run support. Maybe after we get torched for 400+ passing yards next week and Lacy breaks off a few 20 yard runs some of you will see the light.

Lynch is probably in his last year. Our window is closing people. The time to win is now regardless of what precedent paying Kam may cause. Let him continue to sit out and we pissed away this year. Bank on it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2015 game (without Kam) 28-26 loss: QB: 18-27 for 297 and 1TD
Total Offense: 352 yards
Seattle D: 2 sacks, 0 INTs and 3 fumble recoveries

2014 game (with Kam) 34-31 OT loss: QB: 17/20 for 155 and 2 TD
Total Offense: 275 yards
Seahawks D: no sacks, INTs or fumble recoveries

Did Kam really cost us that game yesterday?

RCATES

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3hwrhoav said:

Wagner was out that game and we just had the big Harvin trade looming over the team. The rams were without their #2 receiver Brian Quick and down to their 3rd string rb and they layed almost 400 yards of offense on us with a mostly rookie offensive line and Nick Foles under center. The biggest impact of Kams absense was the the amount of big plays the Rams had. 8 over 20 is absurd. That just doesn't happen with Kam in there. Not from Nick Foles and the rams offense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":1u4pjjj6 said:
Uncle Si":1u4pjjj6 said:

Wagner was out that game and we just had the big Harvin trade looming over the team. The rams were without their #2 receiver Brian Quick and down to their 3rd string rb and they layed almost 400 yards of offense on us with a mostly rookie offensive line and Nick Foles under center. The biggest impact of Kams absense was the the amount of big plays the Rams had. 8 over 20 is absurd. That just doesn't happen with Kam in there. Not from Nick Foles and the rams offense.

But from Austin Davis it was OK?

Jesus...

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
We need kam back mabe Russel Wilson can pay him his extra million some how he needs to be in the line up Sunday night

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2jlqtvox said:
Kam has outplayed his contract, is one of the most important players on the team, and deserves to be paid more. He's certainly higher than the 8th best safety in the league. I hope the FO caves on this one, for their own good.

The defense needs him if they want to be anywhere near as dominant.
Being basically the highest paid player at his position makes him underpaid? Ok

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a difficult situation but the correct response is the response of the team.

I love Kam as a player but have lost a lot of respect for him over this deal, he let down his team by not showing up in time to play yesterday. To me he is a top 3 SS and he is being paid as such. For him to be attempting to hold the team hostage when it is clear that the team respected him and paid him well when renewing his deal seems to me to be poorly thought out when M B has reported and is playing his rear off. I repeat Kam let his team down by not reporting in time to play yesterday.

I disagree that Kam has outplayed his deal or that doesn't fairly compensate him as a top level SS. He and his agent negotiated the deal and it sounds hollow that he now is unhappy with his guaranteed money and refuses to report until he gets what he wants. His position here is change of direction by him forced upon the team at a time where the team's options are limited without abandoning their cap plans and potentially reopening every other deal on the team.. He needs to report and get on with it because there is a limit to how he could reasonably expect the team to go. He has 2 seasons to play before the team would likely agree to substantially redo his deal.

I'm opposed to paying him or substantially redoing his deal at this point.

If he fails to report this will carry on for quite some time or until Kam relents and shows up.

getnasty

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2jc5d0rd said:

This, We always play well with Kam and Max Unger in St. Louis.

andyh64000

Reaction score
What is frustrating for me is Kam isn't asking to be paid more money...he wants next year guaranteed and to move some of 2017 into 2016 and apparently they got pretty close. The Hawks front office has to find a way to get that deal done and not be so arrogant with the "next man up...we will be fine" BS. That doesn't work when you're dealing with the best player at his position in the entire league.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2czksdnn said:
What it likely WOULD result in is more rational contracts that are not all backloaded with amounts the athlete would never see. And it might indeed end up putting more incentive based structures in place for contracts (both a mix of team and individual performance incentives). Because the ridiculous amounts in contracts would no longer be able to be used for "ego contracts" for agents to show big $$$ that the athlete would never reach.

Do you actually believe this nonsense, or are you attempting to play the foil? Rationality plays no role. The player knows the specifics of the contract when they sign it. Trying to pass this off as somehow unfair is inane. The player advocacy argument is garbage, quite simply.

andyh64000

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":al7rhp1x said:
andyh64000":al7rhp1x said:
What is frustrating for me is Kam isn't asking to be paid more money...he wants next year guaranteed and to move some of 2017 into 2016 and apparently they got pretty close. The Hawks front office has to find a way to get that deal done and not be so arrogant with the "next man up...we will be fine" BS. That doesn't work when you're dealing with the best player at his position in the entire league.

Step away from the keyboard. The Hawks FO not be so arrogant? Have you followed this story at all? Kam is the one looking arrogant here.

No...Kam is being greedy and selfish. The FO still needs to get the deal done.

andyh64000

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1cbnvz02 said:
andyh64000":1cbnvz02 said:
FlyHawksFly":1cbnvz02 said:
andyh64000":1cbnvz02 said:

Step away from the keyboard. The Hawks FO not be so arrogant? Have you followed this story at all? Kam is the one looking arrogant here.

No they don't.

You're right. And we can feel good about holding our ground in a year or two when our Super Bowl window is closed.

RCATES

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":18m54275 said:
andyh64000":18m54275 said:
FlyHawksFly":18m54275 said:
andyh64000":18m54275 said:

No they don't.

When will they? At 1-3, maybe 1-4. Without Kam I know we're going 0-2. Lions will light this current secondary up putting us at a possible 1-3. @Bengals who looked dominant yesterday on the road the following week at 10am. We could easily be 1-4 going into week 6. Maybe then some of you will remove the goggles and realize what Kam means to this team.

HawkEye

Reaction score
I believe we are better with Kam, but this is a Employer-employee contract situation people.

As an employer, you can terminate a contract with an employee if he is underperforming.

As an employee PROSPECT, you value your work and agree on a price for a period of time with the employer. If you are an NFL player, you do this with the assistance of an agent. BEFORE you sign that contract, you agree on clauses that can raise your salary based on performance. If you have any notion of a professional contract, and if you have proper representation, all this clauses must be covered at the time you sign the contract.

No such thing as "fairness" here. The guy signed a contract. You can bargain at any time, but you can NOT walk away from your contractual obligations. If you and your agent did a good job while you were negotiating the contract, the only scenario when you challenge that contract is when your employer fail to meet the clauses.

If, after 2 years of a 4 year contract, you are leaving work to ask for more money, well, you're basically an idiot.
Yes, NFL teams can terminate contracts for salary cap reasons, but as far as I know, all NFL players are aware of this when they sign their contracts. The thing is, you do your work and NEGOTIATE PRIOR to the signing of the contract the clauses you need to be included in it. There's no such thing as "outperforming a contract".

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
andyh64000":i7ocidko said:
You're right. And we can feel good about holding our ground in a year or two when our Super Bowl window is closed.

So you disagree with the biggest move this FO has made, then? There's only one required ingredient to be in the SB conversation consistently these days, and that's an upper tier QB. Is that what Russell Wilson is? Your prior opinions indicate not, and if so, Kam is not the biggest problem we have.

andyh64000

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2ij7puyw said:
andyh64000":2ij7puyw said:

So you disagree with the biggest move this FO has made, then? There's only one required ingredient to be in the SB conversation consistently these days, and that's an upper tier QB. Is that what Russell Wilson is? Your prior opinions indicate not.

Yes...I definitely disagree that only one ingredient is needed to win the Super Bowl. How many did Dan Marino win?