Pay Kam

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
andyh64000":tnk27e80 said:
Polaris":tnk27e80 said:
A-Dog":tnk27e80 said:
Chancellor does Carroll's 'dirty work,' Robinson says

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cellor-does-carrolls-dirty-work-robinson-says

"He's a guy who, he lines (safety) Earl Thomas up, that's what he told me this week. I said Kam, I played with you for four years and I didn't even know that."

The two are friends, which should be noted. But Thomas essentially said the same thing this week during an interview with reporters in Seattle, noting that "I depended on Kam to say, 'You need to get on this side or that side.' It put me in my playbook a little bit more. I rely on instinct, and Kam was more the mental guy."

I am starting to wonder if Robinson might be the source of Kam's bad advice....not that Kam doesn't own his actions entirely, just wondering.....

At this point...it might not have been bad advice. He is clearly a critically important part of the team with an open Super Bowl window that will be closed soon. The team can stand on principal and let the window close or they can try to win now.
One SS does not close a window.

Its one game people, one game

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ghrakilc said:
At this point...it might not have been bad advice. He is clearly a critically important part of the team with an open Super Bowl window that will be closed soon. The team can stand on principal and let the window close or they can try to win now.

Its one game people, one game[/quote]

It is REALLY hard to win a super bowl...pretty much everything has to fall in place. Not having one of your top 5 players can close the window. This one game could cost us home field advantage...a loss next week likely does.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vommf87 said:
. . .I don't think Seattle can afford justifying less than a million to keep. . .

randomation":2vommf87 said:
. . .the hawks were willing to give him a 3 million dollar raise next season and he said that wasn't enough. . .
Hey, I don't get this. I asked in another Kam thread but nobody answered. Exactly what negotiating did the FO do to offer 3 million, and why does Kam say they're only $900k apart? I never say any of this in print anywhere.

Thanks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1m4kpeog said:
It remains to be said that this team can fix his contract and have a shot at winning, or based on the results today, find that the secondary is going to be the new weakness.

Paying Kam won't fix everything but all those people that felt he was not very important better reassess.

I suspect that if we are 0-2 the drumbeat will get louder but right now, I think Kam has every right to demand they fix his contract if he provides that much significant value.

Then again, we lost our DC, so maybe a much less effective D is the new normal. Or the position Kris vacated to take the DC job is now really hurting.

But clearly with Kam we win this game, because Kam can (A) Tackle and (B) Cover. (Go back to the SB to see that great play he made in coverage and there is plenty of additional tape beyond that). Current replacements? Cannot TACKLE or COVER.

That lost us the game. A game we could have won with a competent OC, admittedly.

But clearly missing #31 hurt us and at this point is directly responsible for an L.

Well that and signing Cary Williams...

Absurd...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
andyh64000":1cxp0ie9 said:
Hawkfan77":1cxp0ie9 said:

Its one game people, one game

It is REALLY hard to win a super bowl...pretty much everything has to fall in place. Not having one of your top 5 players can close the window. This one game could cost us home field advantage...a loss next week likely does.[/quote]
OK thanks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":h48wvsk2 said:
SalishHawkFan":h48wvsk2 said:
The NFL teams can cut a guy and just forget about the contract anytime they want. If a player can't live up to his contract, they void it. But didn't THEY agree to a contract too? But an employee try to do the same and everyone is yelling Screw Kam. Well, he has a right to do the exact opposite of what the team would do to him.

He's playing ABOVE contract, so he's voiding it, just like they'd do if he played BELOW it.

And if we cut Kam, he will have another suitor waiting to pay him. That's the baffling thing to me.. if you have talent, another team will pay for it.. even if it's not this team.

Kam is going about this the wrong way. It's obvious we need him, but the ramifications of caving on this are far more severe IMO.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
andyh64000":3gnqb2kg said:
Polaris":3gnqb2kg said:
A-Dog":3gnqb2kg said:
Chancellor does Carroll's 'dirty work,' Robinson says

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cellor-does-carrolls-dirty-work-robinson-says

"He's a guy who, he lines (safety) Earl Thomas up, that's what he told me this week. I said Kam, I played with you for four years and I didn't even know that."

The two are friends, which should be noted. But Thomas essentially said the same thing this week during an interview with reporters in Seattle, noting that "I depended on Kam to say, 'You need to get on this side or that side.' It put me in my playbook a little bit more. I rely on instinct, and Kam was more the mental guy."

I am starting to wonder if Robinson might be the source of Kam's bad advice....not that Kam doesn't own his actions entirely, just wondering.....

And then have holdouts for the next several years because players have their precedence.

RCATES

Reaction score
With the current state of this secondary and how lost they look out there I could easily see us going 1-4 going into week 6. I was a huge supporter of letting Kam sit at home and we would prevail. Today changed that. Not because we lost. Not because of Bailey falling down. Our strength suddenly became our weakness today. It was very odd. Sherman was off, ET wasn't flying around like his usual self. It was just odd to watch. Without Kam's play, presence and leadership this secondary is nothing more then sub par. Ordinary .......

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/13/seattl ... nfl-week-1

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RCATES":1ibks0r4 said:
Without Kam's play, presence and leadership this secondary is nothing more then sub par. Ordinary .......
This is the most ridiculous and beyond absurd statement I have read tonight

:roll:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RCATES":hifndm3t said:
With the current state of this secondary and how lost they look out there I could easily see us going 1-4 going into week 6. I was a huge supporter of letting Kam sit at home and we would prevail. Today changed that. Not because we lost. Not because of Bailey falling down. Our strength suddenly became our weakness today. It was very odd. Sherman was off, ET wasn't flying around like his usual self. It was just odd to watch. Without Kam's play, presence and leadership this secondary is nothing more then sub par. Ordinary .......

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/13/seattl ... nfl-week-1

It was a typical Seattle 10 am start. We seem to have great difficulty playing in the Eastern Time Zone at that hour. I thought that we had overcome that problem with a few wins last year, but it is clear that our team is not yet in sync.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2l7i9ufv said:
andyh64000":2l7i9ufv said:
Polaris":2l7i9ufv said:

And then have holdouts for the next several years because players have their precedence.[/quote]

How many years have we had a legit chance to win the super bowl? 1983 we were not that close. 2005...Not 2006 because of Hutch. 2013, 2014 (and we limped there and blew it), 2015? Not without Kam. So we have had 3 potential Super Bowl teams in 40 years and you are willing to throw one away because you are worried about what might happen over the next several years because other top 5 talents might hold out? You are willing to throw away a chance at a super bowl for that? To wait another 40 years?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
andyh64000":ulbsnh5u said:
How many years have we had a legit chance to win the super bowl? 1983 we were not that close. 2005...Not 2006 because of Hutch. 2013, 2014 (and we limped there and blew it), 2015? Not without Kam. So we have had 3 potential Super Bowl teams in 40 years and you are willing to throw one away because you are worried about what might happen over the next several years because other top 5 talents might hold out? You are willing to throw away a chance at a super bowl for that? To wait another 40 years?
You must not follow how Pete and John operate or how they've built this organization.

Geologic

Reaction score
Disappointed in Kam. He put himself over the team. Now the Rams are clowning on the Seahawks and the Seahawks deserve it. Even Akeem Ayers took shots at the Hawks and Russell.

UH8LHkg
JfHLLGg

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Geologic":1hit29um said:
Disappointed in Kam. He put himself over the team. Now the Rams are clowning on the Seahawks and the Seahawks deserve it. Even Akeem Ayers took shots at the Hawks and Russell.

UH8LHkg
JfHLLGg
Thats cute, Russell has one of those also. Only Russell earned his ring. But hey, inactive guys are part of the team too right?

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3fstsr7y said:
andyh64000":3fstsr7y said:
You must not follow how Pete and John operate or how they've built this organization.

No...I am being pragmatic. Lynch has at most 1 or 2 years left. Pete is close to retirement. And whether you want to admit it or not we got pretty lucky on some draft picks (we didn't think Wilson or Sherman would be this good or we wouldn't have waited so long to take them). Super Bowls are really freaking hard. You are kidding yourself if you think we will be in the mix each and every year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
andyh64000":h62ifbl9 said:
Hawkfan77":h62ifbl9 said:
andyh64000":h62ifbl9 said:

No...I am being pragmatic. Lynch has at most 1 or 2 years left. Pete is close to retirement. And whether you want to admit it or not we got pretty lucky on some draft picks (we didn't think Wilson or Sherman would be this good or we wouldn't have waited so long to take them). Super Bowls are really freaking hard. You are kidding yourself if you think we will be in the mix each and every year.
Ugh...sure we got so lucky, nothing but luck has brought us this far.

Yep, you're right everything is falling apart, damn the future, who cares about 2017 and beyond lets sell out for 2016. Lets close our own window!!! So pragmatic of you.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Andy nailed it. And that is part of the reason I am so p*ssed off about this season now.

I believe that if the Seahawks had just resigned everyone for the most part, and then went forward - we would have gone to the SB. But I think some of the moves we made, just shelled us.

The reason that SB losers tend not to repeat is because they tend to make radical additions or significant personnel moves to "fix the problem". But there was no problem, they were in the SB in many instances in a close game. The list of SB losers that brought in one or two star players only to have it implode on them is massive.

I actually like the J Graham story. I like his fire/personality. But I think even though we gave up an oft injured center for him, it was a center we needed. Maybe I will be wrong, this is a very green line.

Then we bring in Cary Williams and not only is he incompetent at his primary job (covering receivers) but he might be part of the main driver for Kam's frustration. Kam has the most physically demanding job of any player in the secondary, and might be the most responsible for the success of the secondary. His reward? The least appreciated and lowest paid, in guaranteed dollars (which is important because he can injure himself performing his job and that is his only security).

This is one game. However the Rams are not world beaters and they passed all over us like kids at the beach.

So what is the future? Can we just get Russel some weapons and expect him to march them to the playoffs like Aaron Rodgers? (and how many SBs have they won in GB with that approach anyway btw?)

Bevell will still be Bevell so I think the plan to turn us from a defense first team to a team that wins with the all everything QB, is flawed because we still have the problem that our OC is below average. And so is our line. You need to be a lot more than a great QB to overcome that, you need to be lucky.

It seems like they squandered a perfect opportunity to win by doing the very things that made the Seahawks a respected team among most of the NFL. They are trying to hand the keys of the car to Russ, when they had a perfectly working system in place that won't work with that approach (remember you cannot pay everyone?)

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":20784kbb said:
andyh64000":20784kbb said:
Hawkfan77":20784kbb said:
andyh64000":20784kbb said:

Ugh...sure we got so lucky, nothing but luck has brought us this far.

Yep, you're right everything is falling apart, damn the future, who cares about 2017 and beyond lets sell out for 2016. Lets close our own window!!! So pragmatic of you.

Did you really read my response or did you just jump straight to a straw man reply?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
andyh64000":2mah2nyy said:
Did you really read my response or did you just jump straight to a straw man reply?

Nothing HF77 said was false, and was exactly what you're insinuating.

You're basically saying the window is small and to hell with the next several years when every impact player pulls the same crap Kam has and then this team is in a MAJOR dilemma.

You just simply cannot open Pandora's box. No matter what Dion Bailey looked like. Just can't do it.

Fans are pissed tonight because we lost. If Dion Bailey doesn't fall down and we win 31-24, far less panic from the fan base.

Fortunately - the FO doesn't operate off of emotion.

Latest posts