Pauline: Seahawks Looking To Trade Down From #20 With Hopes Tippmann or Schmitz Are Available Later

massari

Reaction score
And Hawks' new OL consultant Steve Hutchinson met with Schmitz and Tippmann

Seattle will also look to trade down from 20 with the hopes Tippmann or Schmitz are available later. I’m told discussions are already taking place to move that selection.
if they are able to trade down from pick 20, Schmitz could be their guy. If he happens to be available to Seattle at pick 37, it would be manna from heaven for the franchise.

Seems like that's a little too high to take a Center with all the DL/Edge talent likely available

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
What has Tony Pauline been correct about lately?

Here was his "info" last season:
Word is there’s a very real possibility the Seattle Seahawks move into the back end of Round 1 and grab their quarterback of the future.

Staying on Seattle for a second, there have been a lot of mock drafts having them taking offensive tackle Trevor Penning with the ninth pick. And while many on the outside feel that’s a reach, league insiders say it’s a definite possibility the Seahawks go in that direction, and the choice makes sense. Penning’s stock has been moving north since the Senior Bowl, and I previously mentioned him as a potential choice for the Jets with the 10th pick.

GemCity

Reaction score
For a team that passed on Creed for Eskridge, this moves seems highly unlikely.

Like…zero chance.

Perhaps a negative chance.

Or maybe JS and PC go on a bender the night before, stay up until 9 A.M., kick the hookers out of the room and start the draft (via remote access as they’re in Vegas) kind of chance.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
For a team that passed on Creed for Eskridge, this moves seems highly unlikely.

Like…zero chance.

Perhaps a negative chance.

Or maybe JS and PC go on a bender the night before, stay up until 9 A.M., kick the hookers out of the room and start the draft (via remote access as they’re in Vegas) kind of chance.
They were looking hard at Linderbaum last year, apparently.

I really think there's more to the Creed situation than we know. He lasted until the asscrack of the second round for a reason, we just don't know why.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What has Tony Pauline been correct about lately?

Here was his "info" last season:
Personally I will forgive him for the Penning tidbit, as we have no idea what they would've done had the 3 top tackles been taken by 9.

But yeah, not the most reliable source these days.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I put Pauline in the category of professional guesser, he put out articles to get internet clicks and hopes the sheep believe him. My guess the Hawks will roll with Evan Brown and Joey Hunt going into 2023. I see DE, NT and LB being bigger needs

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I put Pauline in the category of professional guesser, he put out articles to get internet clicks and hopes the sheep believe him. My guess the Hawks will roll with Evan Brown and Joey Hunt going into 2023. I see DE, NT and LB being bigger needs
God help us if they start Joey Hunt at Center.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think they need to go center at 20 and can probably get a starting center in round 2/3.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Dane Brugler -- who actually does know what the hell he is talking about -- today posted his 7-round draft on The Athletic.

He has the Seahawks drafting Wilson, JSN, and Hooker in the first 3 picks. Bears get Carter. If it all went that way, I would be a VERY happy person.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The way Seattle has rolled, it’s likely the backup center will get some snaps next year. Do you really want little Joey to be that guy? I don’t.

GemCity

Reaction score
I guess you never know. It just seems that there are lots of players, similar potential/skill sets, that fit what we need the most of (d-line) in that range.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Dane Brugler -- who actually does know what the hell he is talking about -- today posted his 7-round draft on The Athletic.

He has the Seahawks drafting Wilson, JSN, and Hooker in the first 3 picks. Bears get Carter. If it all went that way, I would be a VERY happy person.
On Centers, Brugler has Tippman as his OC1 at #43 in his Top 100... and has him projected at being drafted in Round 2.

And he has Schmitz as his OC2 at #59 in his Top 100... and he projects him to be drafted in Round 2-3.

And since some here have been thinking about the Hawks drafting Luke Wypler, Brugler projects him going in Round 4-5.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
And Hawks' new OL consultant Steve Hutchinson met with Schmitz and Tippmann

Seems like that's a little too high to take a Center with all the DL/Edge talent likely available
To me, a certain position does not matter how “high” or “low” you draft them if you believe they are great players.

No one will ever second guess a pick if they become a pro bowl player no matter what position they play but when they “hope” a player is still there, because other teams “don’t value” that position and will not also draft them higher, you risk losing that player you really like, because you think you can get them later….

I’ve always hated that draft strategy. There are usually only so many good/elite players of a certain position, if you grade them as a 1st rounder, why chance it, and hope they are there in round 2 or 3, just draft them at where you grade them.

Other teams are smart too and if they like a player, especially a good player, when they see them and they aren’t hesitant to draft them when they can.

Seattle, does things strangely sometimes and I don’t know why they like to risk it on a player that may be the best at their position for that draft. If you like them, pick them! Don’t wait!

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
I don't think they need to go center at 20 and can probably get a starting center in round 2/3.
That's what I think as well. I don't believe Pauline at all.

I think the Hawks are looking to turn #20 whether they stand pat or moved down a little into a defensive player, likely a defensive lineman.

They signed Evan Brown from the Lions as insurance. He can start at Center if somehow this draft goes miraculously wrong. So Seattle doesn't feel pressed to take a guy earlier than they'd like.

In the 2nd or 3rd round at some point they will get their guy.