Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qtoucws said:
Sgt. Largent":3qtoucws said:
MontanaHawk05":3qtoucws said:
Sgt. Largent":3qtoucws said:
Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.

Missed one game in two years.

I like how you just skipped all of 2015, where he missed the first 8 games of the year with a torn ACL from the prior year, of which he missed two playoff games..................AND has a history of constantly battling nagging injuries due to his build.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... rdson/6967

Bottom line for me on Richardson, love they guy, glad he got paid. But no way in hell I'd match that contract.

Two consecutive years injury-free bodes well. So does clutch gene and chemistry with Russell. It's a tough contract, but like the other endless tweener players on this roster, you have to ask, who ARE we going with in a down year for the draft?

Richardson may not have missed games, but he had some nagging issues that slowed him down and caused him to be ineffective for long stretches of games. One TD and far less catches over the last half of last year.

I agree btw, it's hard to see good receivers go when we already have a below average receiving corp. But that doesn't mean you match overpriced offers just to keep a player.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36mrq7mv said:
I'm just going by what Clayton said. Plus, when I posted, someone had said it was 4 years, 40 mil :)
At least we'll get a good comp pick. For sure they will get a 3rd for Sheldon. And hopefully someone overpays Graham.

Comp picks are not guaranteed. Totally depends on the rest of the league and what guys sign for. It looks like there should be some good picks coming our way in 2019 but we won't know until next year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":1xn6vgmp said:
vin.couve12":1xn6vgmp said:
We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.

Vin, you gotta account for Bevell's stink somewhat here. Sure, ding PR for being unidemensional but at least identify some causes for it before you write it off as his singular ability.
Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bcappry said:
MontanaHawk05":2bcappry said:
Sgt. Largent":2bcappry said:
MontanaHawk05":2bcappry said:
Missed one game in two years.

I like how you just skipped all of 2015, where he missed the first 8 games of the year with a torn ACL from the prior year, of which he missed two playoff games..................AND has a history of constantly battling nagging injuries due to his build.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... rdson/6967

Bottom line for me on Richardson, love they guy, glad he got paid. But no way in hell I'd match that contract.

Two consecutive years injury-free bodes well. So does clutch gene and chemistry with Russell. It's a tough contract, but like the other endless tweener players on this roster, you have to ask, who ARE we going with in a down year for the draft?

Richardson may not have missed games, but he had some nagging issues that slowed him down and caused him to be ineffective for long stretches of games. One TD and far less catches over the last half of last year.

I agree btw, it's hard to see good receivers go when we already have a below average receiving corp. But that doesn't mean you match overpriced offers just to keep a player.

The bathtub is draining faster than it is filling though. As a principle, yes, don't match offers to players that have above average salaries for average or below average performance, past or forward looking. But that principle also binds you to not whiffing in the draft. I have made this point multiple times with regards to the OL and it applies anywhere really - if you are picky about your FAs and extensions and conditionally bound by salary to ignore the top 30-40% of FA talent, then you are putting it all on the draft.

With hindsight we can observe that even the FA dalliances and trades were not supportive of this principle.

And that's why we have an ailing min/max team at current.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2a99jvym said:
mrt144":2a99jvym said:
vin.couve12":2a99jvym said:
We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.

Vin, you gotta account for Bevell's stink somewhat here. Sure, ding PR for being unidemensional but at least identify some causes for it before you write it off as his singular ability.
Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. I liked Paul but not $20 million guaranteed liked.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":39faf7yb said:
The bathtub is draining faster than it is filling though. As a principle, yes, don't match offers to players that have above average salaries for average or below average performance, past or forward looking. But that principle also binds you to not whiffing in the draft. I have made this point multiple times with regards to the OL and it applies anywhere really - if you are picky about your FAs and extensions and conditionally bound by salary to ignore the top 30-40% of FA talent, then you are putting it all on the draft.

With hindsight we can observe that even the FA dalliances and trades were not supportive of this principle.

And that's why we have an ailing min/max team at current.

For sure, and our WR drafts are a pretty damn close 2nd for worst drafted position group after the O-line.

But Pete and John made their bed last year with extremely hamstringing our cap space, and now we have to get that back in order, so Richardson is just one of the players we can't match an offer to in order to keep.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":2vzlbq06 said:
vin.couve12":2vzlbq06 said:
mrt144":2vzlbq06 said:
vin.couve12":2vzlbq06 said:

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.
Understood. I was never that high on PRich as a prospect coming out of college. It was apparent what he was going to be. I said he was going to have health issues and that his lack of strength would affect his route tree. Catch radius was always great, but he would have to cleany beat press even for go riutes because even now he still has a hard time holding the line on tje sideline.

Basically all that turned out to be true. I think that a lot of people just looked at tje speed and length and disregarded the rest in Madden hopes.

I realize that isn't popular and I'm ok with that. I don't blame you or anyone else trusting the ledge I'm on.

Plus free agent and draft priorities on the roster right now. I just wouldn't entertain signing him back, but again, I know I'm viewed as the crazy one here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've been a lot higher on PRich than most here and would consider matching the deal if not for the comp pick we get from letting him walk. Rookie contracts and QB contracts are the two main avenues to increase talent per dollar.

I won't be surprised if he earns this contract with the Redskins. Him and Wilson never quite had a perfect rapport and he didn't get many chances to catch a ball in stride. He still came down with more than his share of contested passes and defended them well. His 8.1 yards per target with us was much better than average and should only go up if he can stay healthy.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1atfoyhg said:
Rat":1atfoyhg said:
I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.
Not me. Tyler is way more versatile than Paul is.

I wouldn't have matched this deal either, but Lockett is way overvalued as a returner. He's been an average punt returner, and with touchbacks now being brought out to the 25, every team would be better off never returning a kickoff out of the end zone except in a few circumstances.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1j7nja9a said:
mrt144":1j7nja9a said:
vin.couve12":1j7nja9a said:
mrt144":1j7nja9a said:

Understood. I was never that high on PRich as a prospect coming out of college. It was apparent what he was going to be. I said he was going to have health issues and that his lack of strength would affect his route tree. Catch radius was always great, but he would have to cleany beat press even for go riutes because even now he still has a hard time holding the line on tje sideline.

Basically all that turned out to be true. I think that a lot of people just looked at tje speed and length and disregarded the rest in Madden hopes.

I realize that isn't popular and I'm ok with that. I don't blame you or anyone else trusting the ledge I'm on.

Plus free agent and draft priorities on the roster right now. I just wouldn't entertain signing him back, but again, I know I'm viewed as the crazy one here.

It's not even crazy, I totally get where you're coming from on PR. It's the situation around WR that's the most disquieting thing to me and having yet another player fall into Hawk's no man's land of retension feels like another mark against the FO's ability to find talent worth keeping.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":3vcqhd88 said:
vin.couve12":3vcqhd88 said:
mrt144":3vcqhd88 said:
vin.couve12":3vcqhd88 said:

It's not even crazy, I totally get where you're coming from on PR. It's the situation around WR that's the most disquieting thing to me and having yet another player fall into Hawk's no man's land of retension feels like another mark against the FO's ability to find talent worth keeping.
In a bigtime spread offense PRich might warrant that, but at that payrate it's also an unsustainable model if you want to have any defense.

In today's NFL, I think you need to have emphasis on your own model in terms of what position types you keep amd the rest sort of need to be a revolving door.

Now, Bennett and Sherm fall into the keep positions to be sure, but Sherm just had a major injury at 30 and Bennett has battled nagging injuries for the last two years and he's 32.

I think what some people view as a jumbled pile of a roster right now is a case of circumstance in some cases and emphasis in others, but this is sort of a natural flow in a capped market. There's no way around it, IMO

With a lot of money invested in Baldwin, Richardson simply cannot be viewed as any sort of priority in the slightest. A go route weapon is a luxury and a replaceable one at that. That door has to revolve.

I personally think the replacement is already here, but, I understand how some would differ in that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ctn1dpmr said:
12's these days "They didn't trade Lane for JJ Watt and a first and second, these guys are clueless!"

FIFY..... :twisted: :stirthepot:

Beren

Reaction score
I'm conflicted. I'm a big, big fan of his.

But it's just too much.

The disparity between NFC and AFC is insane at this point.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Too rich for my blood

Weren't there rumors that Jermaine Kearse might be cut by the jets?

If so we could bring him back, maybe for less money than P Rich, AND recoup a comp pick for P Rich.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A-Dog":2druaw8x said:
Too rich for my blood

Weren't there rumors that Jermaine Kearse might be cut by the jets?

If so we could bring him back, maybe for less money than P Rich, AND recoup a comp pick for P Rich.
Possible, but not necessary. I was never irrational about Kearse like most here on .net, bit we don't need him here either.

I'd laugh at the .net meltdown if we did resign him though. Kick back with some alcahol and snacks and just watch the pyroclastic and lava flow crash the site.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":kwqayvxj said:
original poster":kwqayvxj said:
Silver Hawk":kwqayvxj said:
I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

However, right now, it feels like they are burning the whole damn thing to the ground. Let ‘em all go.

What’s next, wandering hip deep into the pit of several crap years? Awesome.

No running backs. Horrible OL. Gutted defense. No kicker. That’s where we are today.

It’s March 13th for crying out loud.

Bad draft for WR's and for the Seahawks in general.

I don’t want to take this off topic but it honesty baffles me that you think this draft is not great for the Seahawks.

Strong points are interior lineman, running back and linebacker.

This draft is tailor made for Seattle!

If you want to have a discussion about it though let’s start another thread.

A-Dog

Reaction score
original poster":1hpk2ovn said:
Strong points are interior lineman, running back and linebacker.

This draft is tailor made for Seattle!

good draft for safeties too