Pats fans know whats coming....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ugr113lv said:
Lot of people won't want to admit it, but the best group of enemy fans I've ever seen populate our forum here was when we faced NE in 2012.
Actually that's an accurate statement, Saints fans probably a close 2nd, outside of AlaskaSaints and his fictional stories.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The feeling is mutual. I'm not afraid of the Pats, but I think we match up worse with them than any other team in the AFC. Pats are tough with 2 weeks, just like the Hawks are.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of the patriots. These teams are very closely matched and play a very similar game. I've been saying all season the patriots are the only team in the AFC built to matchup with the NFCW.

I also expect the Seahawks to throw early and often at Brandon Browner.

We dumped Browner because he is too slow to handle man coverage against fast receivers. Other teams realized that and were throwing at him and he cost our defense a lot of yards, first downs, and points.

I'm nervous as hell, though. This game is going to come down to the last seconds. It's going to be brutal. Two awesome teams playing great ball and you're not going to find a great advantage for either team in any aspect.

This is going to be the best superbowl in a very long time

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The Patriots are a great team. They're easily the toast of the AFC, and they'll be a real challenge for us. Bill Belichick is one of the all-time coaching greats, and I could see this game going either way. I'll never say anything differently.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
What's up guys. First of all, I haven't read much of this thread but I skimmed through these forums yesterday and I gotta say I appreciate the lack of bullsh*t posts from you guys. No arrogance, no trolling, no nothing, just good football talk. A lot of times when I visit opposing teams' forums, you can see the BS they spew and I don't waste my time there, but this forum had a lot of class at first glance.

Watching the game (and actually I felt this way before it too), I gotta be honest, I was really hoping the Patriots would face Seattle rather than Green Bay should they beat the Colts. I did not want to have Rodgers get two more weeks to heal that calf and start beating the Patriots again with his 3rd or 4th receiving option like he did in the regular season. I feel that the Patriots have faced tougher defensive lines (not to be confused with tougher overall defenses) this year in Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, Baltimore, and Denver, and that they're battle tested for it. What they haven't done though is face a secondary on the level of Seattle. Not to mention Wright and Wagner are damn good coverage linebackers to go with it.

New England has had some trouble stopping the run this year, and they're historically (historically being since 2008) not exactly world beaters against read-option teams. Still, Seattle's WRs are not some elite group and I feel that they can be limited with the Patriots' secondary. This is gonna be an awesome game. Wilson and Lynch are going to have to have a huge game, the Patriots' DL is gonna have to be disciplined and not let RW run around and extend plays.

If Bryan Stork gets healthy and can play like it and the OL keeps Brady upright, I think the Patriots win it.

Keys to the game for NE:
1. Protect Brady
2. Run the football
3. Keep RW contained
4. Limit the damage by Lynch
5. Keep the balls deflated??

Keys to the game for SEA:
1. Extend drives on 3rd down
2. DTs need to have a big game and get interior pressure
3. Bevell needs to find creative ways to get guys open
4. Don't get stuck chasing the Patriots on the scoreboard. Last thing you want to do is fall behind by double digits. We got balls (albeit deflated ones) unlike Green Bay and won't play not to lose
5. Find our cameras during practice. (Good luck with that!!)

BEEF46

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":q2but4yq said:
What's up guys. First of all, I haven't read much of this thread but I skimmed through these forums yesterday and I gotta say I appreciate the lack of bullsh*t posts from you guys. No arrogance, no trolling, no nothing, just good football talk. A lot of times when I visit opposing teams' forums, you can see the BS they spew and I don't waste my time there, but this forum had a lot of class at first glance.

Watching the game (and actually I felt this way before it too), I gotta be honest, I was really hoping the Patriots would face Seattle rather than Green Bay should they beat the Colts. I did not want to have Rodgers get two more weeks to heal that calf and start beating the Patriots again with his 3rd or 4th receiving option like he did in the regular season. I feel that the Patriots have faced tougher defensive lines (not to be confused with tougher overall defenses) this year in Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, Baltimore, and Denver, and that they're battle tested for it. What they haven't done though is face a secondary on the level of Seattle. Not to mention Wright and Wagner are damn good coverage linebackers to go with it.

New England has had some trouble stopping the run this year, and they're historically (historically being since 2008) not exactly world beaters against read-option teams. Still, Seattle's WRs are not some elite group and I feel that they can be limited with the Patriots' secondary. This is gonna be an awesome game. Wilson and Lynch are going to have to have a huge game, the Patriots' DL is gonna have to be disciplined and not let RW run around and extend plays.

If Bryan Stork gets healthy and can play like it and the OL keeps Brady upright, I think the Patriots win it.

Keys to the game for NE:
1. Protect Brady
2. Run the football
3. Keep RW contained

4. Don't get stuck chasing the Patriots on the scoreboard. Last thing you want to do is fall behind by double digits. We got balls (albeit deflated ones) unlike Green Bay and won't play not to lose

Nice Post. Welcome. Especially love the Key's to the game #5 for both teams. Gonna be a great football game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":fi3weajl said:
Sgt. Largent":fi3weajl said:
Interesting stat:

Someone mentioned that Seattle's D has only allowed 13 total points in 4th Q over the last 8 games. Well, NE has allowed 12 total points in the 4th Q over that same time frame. Against better offenses.

Luckily you don't put any stock in stats.

Suffice to say, that the application of advanced statistics in fields outside of physical sciences is something you have to refrain from taking too seriously.

That's not what I said. Counting # of points allowed isn't advanced statistical analysis. Advanced stats can be a good tool outside of physical sciences but it has an abundance of limitations, and most people who have a pedestrian understanding don't know those limitations. That's why I scoff at people who use advanced stats in football discussions as opposed to discussing match ups - they don't understand the context and limitations of the analysis they're using to back up their arguments.

Ahh, so you're arguing semantics as to what constitutes "advanced" or not.

Considering there are numerous differences in what goes into point differential in football I'd say throwing out a minutia stat like 4th quarter points allowed, but only after a certain week of the season when there are numerous factors that went into that stat is "advanced."

Barthawk

Reaction score
djb28":2x1bmr6f said:
I do not understand where all the hatred for the Seahawks came from but as I listened to my locsl radio today in Buffalo the amount of callers that said, "I hate or can not stand the Seahawks" just baffeled me. Being Buffalo of course there wss no love for New England either. Many said they had no reason to watch the game. I dont get it. How does a team that was virtually invisible to most football fans since 1976 become hated so fast? If your team isnt the wnner I suppose you need to hate something. They even called it the cheat bowl. Bellicheat vs Seadderal. Man, this is annoying already.

They are jealous fans, plain and simple. Buffalo has not sniffed the playoffs in 15 years meanwhile the Seahawks have been in the playoffs about 75% of the time and won a SB. We were looked as inferior team for so long and for our team to experience more success than the Bills (winning the SB), they are butthurt.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Welcome BEEF46! A rational post about football - what a concept. Agree with all your points. Looking forward to a classic Superbowl.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1hdp6dn7 said:

Keys to the game for NE:
1. Protect Brady
2. Run the football
3. Keep RW contained

Good assessment. Welcome to the board. This should be a hell of a game.

Latest posts