Pats fans know whats coming....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":17zqqvho said:
As for what's coming in the SB?

hYKXUtf.gif

Personal fouls? That'd be awesome...............and LOL at playing the nasty physical card. The Hawks wrote that book.

You should be posting gifs of Edelman catching three yard screen picks and the ball boy hiding under the bench deflating balls cause Brady's hands are too small to grip a football in the rain............which explains why Giselle is angry all the time.

themunn

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1lsc1yzi said:
I liked this guys comment:

If your team is in the SB, and you're not nervous, they're not "your team".

It's the opposite of my opinion.

If your team is in the SB and you don't to the absolute pit of your heart believe your team will stomp the opposition then you're not homer enough

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Interesting stat:

Someone mentioned that Seattle's D has only allowed 13 total points in 4th Q over the last 8 games. Well, NE has allowed 12 total points in the 4th Q over that same time frame. Against better offenses.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The one thing I do find funny is how much they are pumping up Blount like he is Barry Sanders. The guy had one good game against an absolutely pathetic run defense. The guy is average at best (and that is being kind).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":v597jh9a said:
Interesting stat:

Someone mentioned that Seattle's D has only allowed 13 total points in 4th Q over the last 8 games. Well, NE has allowed 12 total points in the 4th Q over that same time frame. Against better offenses.

Luckily you don't put any stock in stats.

HeatEquation":v597jh9a said:
Suffice to say, that the application of advanced statistics in fields outside of physical sciences is something you have to refrain from taking too seriously.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":d7h13e9t said:
HeatEquation":d7h13e9t said:
Interesting stat:

HeatEquation":d7h13e9t said:
Suffice to say, that the application of advanced statistics in fields outside of physical sciences is something you have to refrain from taking too seriously.

That's not what I said. Counting # of points allowed isn't advanced statistical analysis. Advanced stats can be a good tool outside of physical sciences but it has an abundance of limitations, and most people who have a pedestrian understanding don't know those limitations. That's why I scoff at people who use advanced stats in football discussions as opposed to discussing match ups - they don't understand the context and limitations of the analysis they're using to back up their arguments.

Foghawk

Reaction score
HeatEquation":31edudw3 said:
Sgt. Largent":31edudw3 said:
Interesting stat:

That's not what I said. Counting # of points allowed isn't advanced statistical analysis. Advanced stats can be a good tool outside of physical sciences but it has an abundance of limitations, and most people who have a pedestrian understanding don't know those limitations. That's why I scoff at people who use advanced stats in football discussions as opposed to discussing match ups - they don't understand the context and limitations of the analysis they're using to back up their arguments.

Dana carvey snl

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HeatEquation":4bg2bg9m said:
Sgt. Largent":4bg2bg9m said:
Interesting stat:

In other words, any stat that doesn't show the Patriots as the best team is disregarded. We know your agenda and it became old after your 1st post.

The Grouch

Reaction score
HeatEquation":de20tmgx said:
Interesting stat:

while that may be true, here's another stat...
In those last eight games?
Seattle gave up a total of 78 points
New England... 134

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
As a master numbers man, surely you must realize that the results are essentially uniformly deviant from the league mean, and thus statistically unimportant from each other, no?

And you lost two of those games, to boot. We lost none. If you drop the Super Bowl but have fancy numbers doing so (a la D. Thomas with his receptions record last year), then I hope that your Karl Pearson Victory Trophy will fit on your shelf.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HeatEquation":kgti70cw said:
Sgt. Largent":kgti70cw said:
Interesting stat:

Dude, I found your picture:

Maxresdefault

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3pzoe52i said:
Sgt. Largent":3pzoe52i said:
Interesting stat:

You did say this though:

Without context, and without taking into account schemes and game plans, these stats mean nothing.

Not to mention that overall metrics that take into account the entire year don't mean much at the moment anyways.

It'd be great if people stopped misusing stats, but clearly that isn't going to happen any time soon

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":10qb1qhb said:
HeatEquation":10qb1qhb said:
Sgt. Largent":10qb1qhb said:
Interesting stat:

Dude, I found your picture:

Maxresdefault

:th2thumbs:

Latest posts