Patriots cancel Saturday walk through

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
<shrug>

I don't think it means anything other than Belichick thinks they'll play better tomorrow if they rest today.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think they are happy with their previous workouts.
BB is resting them.
He said the other day that he was going to let several of the #1s just watch anyway.
I'm thinking is just part of BB's mental game. One of the things he is very good at, BTW.

Rat

Reaction score
Damn, what are we going to film now? Will Tom Brady still be showering?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is a subtle coaching move to tell his team he thinks they are ready.

Thomas144

Reaction score
chris98251":u6s6lg2t said:
They are an older team, day of rest isn't such a bad idea.

I've seen other references on this site to the Patriots being an "older" team - maybe it's some kind of inside joke that I'm not getting but the Patriots' average age is only 26.0, slightly lower than the average age of the Seahawks at 26.1. Perhaps it's just the perception that they have been around forever because Brady is 37. He has talked about how he has to work to relate to his younger teammates - I personally think that explains all the f-bombs he's being tossing this season - some of his expressions of youthful enthusiasm seem a little over the top. :)

keasley45

Reaction score
news is they have a few guys that are sick... flu bug or something... probably would have had to practice without them which, if they are key contributors, doesnt help much and ... would maybe tip their hand to the media / seahawks as to who might be less than 100% going into the game.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
keasley45":14ph80kd said:
news is they have a few guys that are sick... flu bug something... probably would have had to practice without them which, if they are key contributors, doesnt help much and ... would maybe tip their hand to the media / seahawks as to who might be less than 100% going into the game.

Maybe Typhoid Tommy brought his bug with him and infected half the team.

drdiags

Reaction score
They had two weeks. It isn't like some last minute walk through is going to provide the final piece. If they win, it is genius, if they lose then the media has more crude to throw their way. Wish the Seahawks had called practice 2 plays earlier yesterday.

I know coaches are worried about sending the wrong message, but this was a good move for the Pats.

In about 24 hrs the smack talk stops and real talk starts.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Not to be captain obvious, but this is very good....or very bad for us

Lol, kinda makes me a little more nervous. Still gotta tackle marshawn tho...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He rested them because the fix is in. Craft has worked out a deal with Rodger to have the refs look the other way while he throws up the 'we want an apology' and 'unfair speech remarks' smoke screen. 'Relax, Bill (said with a shit-eating grin), we got this one in the bag.'