Patrick Peterson

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":djs0oulo said:
There is a lot of truth in that. I know the second he has a bad game and it only takes one it will immediately erase all of the good work thats been done.

Only for those who aren't paying attention. :th2thumbs:

It's simply impossible to put a player in the position Peterson is put in every week and not have him get completely chewed up from time to time.

Seriously, if over the course of a season Peterson ends up as only average or above average statistically, he's still the superstar of that defense, and deserving of being the highest paid player on it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ringless - this board is entirely too stubborn/full of homers to give PP21 props, no matter how deserving he is and how well he has played.

It looks like the old Peterson is back, he's played great the entire season.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Peterson after 6 games has given up
0 Touchdowns
157 Yards or 26.66 PG going up against the number 1 on an Island
2 Interceptions

Rex

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33oji09g said:
[ getting beat by STEDMAN BAILEY to set up a FG in OT for the Rams.

I love Sherman too, but if Peterson does those things.. guaranteed you're blasting him for it.

Except Bailey is the real deal.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@mikejurecki 59m59 minutes ago
Mike Jurecki Retweeted Ron Cicalese
Only three for 48 yards on PP.

Smith was targeted (9) finished 5/78 yards.

Peterson after 7 games has given up
0 Touchdowns
205 Yards or 29.28 Per game going up against the number 1 on an Island
2 Interceptions

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson went up against Benjamin yesterday and allowed 3 catches for 27 yards.

That brings his season up to:

Peterson after 8 games has given up
0 Touchdowns
232 Yards or 29 Yards Per game going up against the number 1 on an Island
2 Interceptions

By far the best year of his career so far.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":24z2z9bu said:
Patrick Peterson went up against Benjamin yesterday and allowed 3 catches for 27 yards.

0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

Because it's a player on your own team is it okay for me to say I told you so? ;) :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":49ohf5ho said:

0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

Peterson is STILL getting turned around A LOT. The QBs he has faced are just unable to take advantage of it.

By the way, OUR GUY gave up two catches for 12 yards to Dez Bryant and forced an offensive PI call.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Paul Richardson gave PP fits in Pheonix last season, doubt he'll be up to speed in our first game, but maybe he'll be getting there by the second.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":1y0ymkf3 said:
ringless":1y0ymkf3 said:

0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

Peterson is STILL getting turned around A LOT. The QBs he has faced are just unable to take advantage of it.

By the way, OUR GUY gave up two catches for 12 yards to Dez Bryant and forced an offensive PI call.

SO how your guys year going this year anyways?

Peterson allowed zero catches again. Sherman gave up 68 yards and a TD. Multiple this year. One has clearly outplayed the other. Not sure why you bring Sherman into the conversation but he hasn't really had a great year by any means. This was simply about if Peterson was going to back up his words from this offseason and if his diabetes may have had an effect.

Peterson has not played 9 games and in doing so:
0 Touchdowns
232 Yards or 25.77 Yards Per game going up against the number 1 on an Island
2 Interceptions

He has absolutely been a shutdown corner this year. Considering what he's asked to do.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":9o9a7dcg said:
rideaducati":9o9a7dcg said:
ringless":9o9a7dcg said:

0 Touchdowns
2 Interceptions

SO how your guys year going this year anyways?

Peterson allowed zero catches again. Sherman gave up 68 yards and a TD. Multiple this year. One has clearly outplayed the other. Not sure why you bring Sherman into the conversation but he hasn't really had a great year by any means. This was simply about if Peterson was going to back up his words from this offseason and if his diabetes may have had an effect.

Peterson has not played 9 games and in doing so:
0 Touchdowns
232 Yards or 25.77 Yards Per game going up against the number 1 on an Island
2 Interceptions

He has absolutely been a shutdown corner this year. Considering what he's asked to do.

Wow. It only took him 5 years to actually live up to the hype he has received for the last five years. The puff opponents hasn't hurt either.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
So you are saying Drew Bree's is puff?
The Seahawks. Puff?
Megaton puff?
Being on an island. Every week. Puff? How many corners in the league do that?
Antonio brown. Puff
Steve smith. Puff

Okay. Your weekly exuses continue. How many cbs have accomplished that?

You know if you could actually admit you were wrong once it'd go a long way. It would also show that you have the ability to be humbled. And admit when you are wrong. Instead you always use excuses. So what's Sherman's than? Who has Earl Thomas and Kam chancellor on any given play behind him? It's okay to say Peterson is having a lights out year. You'd be correct.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":12k7p2yn said:
The Seahawks. Puff?
Megaton puff?
Antonio brown. Puff
Steve smith. Puff

You know if you could actually admit you were wrong once it'd go a long way. It would also show that you have the ability to be humbled. And admit when you are wrong. Instead you always use excuses. So what's Sherman's than? Who has Earl Thomas and Kam chancellor on any given play behind him? It's okay to say Peterson is having a lights out year. You'd be correct.

Yes Drew Brees is a puff opponent because his receiving corp has been depleted.
The Seahawks offense is awful right now.
Detroit can't get out of their own way this season.
Antonio Brown with a third string QB...scary.
Steve Smith? The guy had four broken bones in his back.

Puff, puff, puff, puff...

I wasn't wrong. I said Patrick took 5 years to finally produce to the equivalent of the hype he has received since he was drafted. He hasn't earned half the hype he has had before this season.

Where have I been wrong? My opinion? There is still plenty of season left to strengthen my opinion...I'm not wrong yet, and the Cards still haven't impressed. They DID show a little something coming back against the Seahawks, but I lay that more on the Seahawks.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":3venh6ix said:
ringless":3venh6ix said:
The Seahawks. Puff?
Megaton puff?
Antonio brown. Puff
Steve smith. Puff

I wasn't wrong. I said Patrick took 5 years to finally produce to the equivalent of the hype he has received since he was drafted. He hasn't earned half the hype he has had before this season.

Where have I been wrong? My opinion? There is still plenty of season left to strengthen my opinion...I'm not wrong yet, and the Cards still haven't impressed. They DID show a little something coming back against the Seahawks, but I lay that more on the Seahawks.

Oh man you crack me up. There's your double standard again. Yet you came to brag about Sherman stopping Dez on a broken foot against a backup QB but it doesnt count that Peterson played a backup QB. You never fail with the double standard do you?

Let's be real, Seattle had about 10 good minutes of 60 against AZ. Outside of that it wasn't really that close so lets not go there.

But I have to agree with you, a team that can only put up 33.5 PPG while only giving up 20.55 ppg is pretty subpar. It's even less impressive when you see that Arizona is only the #1 offense in the league. I agree, not impressed especially when their crappy Defense is ranked 3rd. So I see where your coming from on all accounts as usual. They suck dude. Not sure what I'm seeing, or missing. I just wish I could see the Cardinals through your eyes so I could see the truth.

Here are some other even less impressive stats in regards to that game.
First time since 2010 Seahawks Defense has given up 39 points.
First time since Russell Wilson that a team has beat Seattle twice at Century Link
The 39 points the Cards put up were more than the Seahawks had allowed all season at home combined in their previous 3.
First time the Seahawks Defense has given up 350yds passing AND 100 yds Rushing

Color me unimpressed with that as well. I completely agree with you

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Anyways when I started this thread I said it was a prove it year as he hadn't earned his contract. So I'm not sure why you are acting like I ever said he had always played this well.

I have to say. You are one of the most consistent posters in this board. Even if by consistent your consistently wrong. We always know what we will get with you.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":2et7wjqf said:
rideaducati":2et7wjqf said:
ringless":2et7wjqf said:
The Seahawks. Puff?
Megaton puff?
Antonio brown. Puff
Steve smith. Puff

Oh man you crack me up. There's your double standard again. Yet you came to brag about Sherman stopping Dez on a broken foot against a backup QB but it doesnt count that Peterson played a backup QB. You never fail with the double standard do you?

Let's be real, Seattle had about 10 good minutes of 60 against AZ. Outside of that it wasn't really that close so lets not go there.

But I have to agree with you, a team that can only put up 33.5 PPG while only giving up 20.55 ppg is pretty subpar. It's even less impressive when you see that Arizona is only the #1 offense in the league. I agree, not impressed especially when their crappy Defense is ranked 3rd. So I see where your coming from on all accounts as usual. They suck dude. Not sure what I'm seeing, or missing. I just wish I could see the Cardinals through your eyes so I could see the truth.

Here are some other even less impressive stats in regards to that game.
First time since 2010 Seahawks Defense has given up 39 points.
First time since Russell Wilson that a team has beat Seattle twice at Century Link
The 39 points the Cards put up were more than the Seahawks had allowed all season at home combined in their previous 3.
First time the Seahawks Defense has given up 350yds passing AND 100 yds Rushing

Color me unimpressed with that as well. I completely agree with you

I don't recall saying a thing about Sherman covering Dez and I certainly wouldn't be gloating about it with Cassel at QB. I think you assume it is me saying EVERYTHING that you disagree with and you wrongly accuse me as the person that said it. Sherman did do a good job against Romo and Dez LAST year, and maybe you ASSumed I would brag about something only a card fan would brag about, like shutting Dez down with Weeden at QB... I'm sure Peterson did well against Dez and Megatron last season too...with backup QBs, of course.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":1bbsk8mt said:
Anyways when I started this thread I said it was a prove it year as he hadn't earned his contract. So I'm not sure why you are acting like I ever said he had always played this well.

I have to say. You are one of the most consistent posters in this board. Even if by consistent your consistently wrong. We always know what we will get with you.

You keep telling everyone that I am wrong...what have I been wrong about? A pick? That's it, all the crap you think you're right about is OPINION and you can NOT prove that the Cards were a good team the last two years by any metric. Try all you want, you won't change many opinions on the Cards of the last two years. There is still a chance for my OPINION to change for the Cards THIS season, but they still have work to do.

It isn't my fault the cards have been more lucky than good over the past couple seasons. I'm NOT the only one that has that OPINION either. Wanting affirmation for your Cards from a Seahawk fan on a Seahawk forum seems silly, yet, here you are, kissing ass to all until someone points out a different opinion, then you call me wrong and a liar without any evidence of me being wrong OR lying.

Point to my lie and prove it. You can't, so you need to back off with the defamation crap.
Besides a game pick, prove where I have been wrong or just admit a difference of opinion and quit with the WRONGFUL accusations.

And quit whining about a difference of opinion.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Of course you don't recall it sweety because it's another lie. Here's a screenshot of it lol. Where you bragged in this very thread. But now that it doesn't fit your motive you conveniently don't remember of course.

That's the thing about it. You have to remember all the things you make up like your attendance stats. Etc otherwise it appears your lying. And making things up is a form of lying. Or saying that ESPN and NFL.com manipulate stats to make Arizona look good and the Rams look bad. It's just ridiculous. Next week I'll be looking forward to your next string of interesting statements that will quickly as usual be disproved.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":3lg19ajk said:
Of course you don't recall it sweety because it's another lie. Here's a screenshot of it lol. Where you bragged in this very thread. But now that it doesn't fit your motive you conveniently don't remember of course.

I forgot the sarcasm sign. I assumed the "OUR GUY" would be understood. I remember laughing as I posted that. You got me...

I'll include the sarcasm sign for you from now on.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":88a1rzps said:

That's the thing about it. You have to remember all the things you make up like your attendance stats. Etc otherwise it appears your lying. And making things up is a form of lying. Or saying that ESPN and NFL.com manipulate stats to make Arizona look good and the Rams look bad. It's just ridiculous. Next week I'll be looking forward to your next string of interesting statements that will quickly as usual be disproved.

By the way, Peterson IS getting turned around a lot.

Latest posts