Out of state Hawk fans, speak up.

CHawk

Reaction score
Allentown PA born and raised was hooked watching Steve Largent and Jim Zorn and then my favorite player Ken Easley, loved that Curt Warner was from Penn State. It was so hard to find hawks gear before internet, I do remember ordering a jersey from a catalog, got my first hat from a swap market. Checked one off the bucket list this year and went to Seattle vs Vikings can't wait to go back 12's are best fans. Always sucked my brother was a Cowboys fan, its good to laugh at him now.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Tennesseahawk here.
Just listening to all the Peyton fans talk about Peyton finally getting his ring to prove he's the best.
I just sit in silent confidence.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Born in So Cal...raised in Othello Wa. Joined the service in 1981. Went to Texas, Mississippi, Hawthorne..Nv, Camp Odonnell Philippines, Hwang ji Korea...(mt Taebek or Taebek-si), Wilder/Caldwell Idaho..Mt Home Idaho..currently reside outside of Caldwell idaho 20 miles to Oregon border. In 2005, I was working in Guam for my squadron and happened to wake up at about 5 am one Monday morning to see the Hawks on tv. I was so so ticked off that I had to go to work in only half an hour. I only got about that much time to watch the hawks before going to work with the bombers doing training for them. Cant win them all. I have never seen the Atlantic Ocean...but I have been over seas and I did see the Gulf Of Mexico in 81 and in 2008 when I went to a reunion of CEVG personnel. There is a reunion of Radar vets planned for in Reno. I may do that on the way to Vegas for a visit with some friends I will visit there too. Good thread..Go Hawks.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread!

Born in Bellingham, but haven't lived in PNW since a toddler.

Became a Seahawks fan in 1981 at age 7, in Wisconsin, because the Seahawks were from my native state. And in addition to Packers fans around me there were plenty of Cowboy and Steeler bandwagoners. So I grabbed the underdog role and rode it out.

Remained a fan in New Mexico, Michigan, California, Colorado, Maine, and now Utah.

Hawkee

Reaction score
gargantual":1h67qujr said:
Like your avatar Hawkee. Welcome to the best fan site on the internet!

Thanks. If I don't seem as hung-ho a fan, it's because I am pretty low-key. I tried following the Seahawks in the 80's and 90's but the games were not televised unless the team was in town or near town or playing on MNF, SNF, or TNF. Besides, my work schedule requires me to miss most NFL games. I usually get sympathetic (and puzzled) looks when someone asks which team I root for. Should the Seahawks win, you won't see me gloating or jumping around. But I may walk a bit taller, a bit prouder and maybe have a smug look on my face, but that's about it. I wish I could live in the Seattle area. I missed my chance to visit the Kingdome. Maybe one day I would be able to visit Century Link. The only thing I have to show for my 'colors' is a Shaun Alexander jersey. He was the ground game that I thought would bring the Seahawks a ring. I've taken very good care of it to make it last as it's the only sports item I have of any sport. I like the new uniform design. It really stands out on a gray day. Hopefully I will be able to purchase one soon.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

A

Anonymous

I'm currently in northern Illinois, about an hour or so north-northwest of Chicago (few miles short of the Wisconsin border). Been a Seahawks fan since the mid 80's.

Vetamur

Reaction score
From the deserts of the SW, live in Tokyo. Was made a football fan by watching Zorn highlights..for a few years I would say I was a Zorn/Largent fan more than a true Seahawk fan and was a very bitter 10 year old when Krieg took over at QB. Eventually a sense of maturity took over and I became a Seahawk fan, after a brief flirtation with the Packers that didnt take (Zorn played for them for a year...).

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Grew up in the Pacific NW. Lived in Portland, Vancouver (WA). Moved to the East Coast (SC, NC) some 10 years ago. Miss the summers in the Pacific NW.

gulliver

Reaction score
Born and raised in the Emerald City.

Then, to San Diego, Oceanside, Fort Knox, Athens, and now STL.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
My mom is from Tacoma and my dad was born and raised in Puyallup. I was a navy brat, but I was lucky enough to be able to spend most of my time growing up in Oak Harbor and have lived in Puyallup and Spokane as well. Moved to Florida in 2000, then to Montana where I eventually went to Montana State University. Graduated and have been in Wyoming for the past few years. Can't wait to go back to the PNW some day. Been cheering for the Seahawks since at least 1984.

randomation

Reaction score
Cheering for Russ and Maragos so is most of Madison though we also hope Ball has a good game but the vast majority would rather see the Hawks win then Manning, seen a lot of hawk gear on campus the last few weeks especially since the packers got eliminated.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Started watching the hawks when I moved up to Seattle in the mid 80's. Been a fan ever since. Now reside in the toaster..aka Phoenix

kmeleon

Reaction score
CHawk":2sf6991y said:
Allentown PA born and raised was hooked watching Steve Largent and Jim Zorn and then my favorite player Ken Easley, loved that Curt Warner was from Penn State. It was so hard to find hawks gear before internet, I do remember ordering a jersey from a catalog, got my first hat from a swap market. Checked one off the bucket list this year and went to Seattle vs Vikings can't wait to go back 12's are best fans. Always sucked my brother was a Cowboys fan, its good to laugh at him now.

Nice Chawk, I'm in Macungie. Always nice to see a fellow Seahawks fan in the area:)

Anyway, originally born in Anchorage Alaska, been in PA myself since I was 4. Started following the hawks because my Dad was always a fan and it was the closest team to AK. I can remember my grandpa buying me a Largent jersey when I was a little guy. I remember wearing it constantly :D I have no idea what the hell ever happened to it...man I wish I still had it!

Still keeping an eye on SB prices but with the the ticket prices and the BS transportation rules to get into the stadium its looking more and more like I'll watch this one from home. Sucks too becuase I was at Metlife for the amazing 12th man representation this year when they played the Giants. Also been to 2 games at the Clink. 1st game in the new stadium against the Cards back in 2002? And then against the Cards in 2010.

chawx1

Reaction score
Currently stuck in whiner territory, Central part of peoples republic of California.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Born and raised in Snohomish.

Currently reside in beautiful Litchfield Park Arizona

Go Hawks!!!!