Only THREE road games left

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Think about that for a second.

@ Atlanta
@ San Fran
@ NY Giants

And after the Falcons game, Hawks will finish with 4 of their final 6 at home.

I know the team currently has some issues to work out. But man has going 7-1 in the first half of the season huge, given how road heavy it was. End of the season is setting up very nice.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Pretty sweet that we could lose all 3 remaining road games and still get 12 wins if we win out at home. Not that I or anybody had any doubts, but that win last night pretty much clinched a playoff spot

Hawks46

Reaction score
To start the season, if you would've asked any of us if 7-1 after all those road games would've been acceptable at the halfway point, I think everyone would've been ecstatic about it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1vui225c said:
Think about that for a second.

@ Atlanta
@ San Fran
@ NY Giants

And after the Falcons game, Hawks will finish with 4 of their final 6 at home.

I know the team currently has some issues to work out. But man has going 7-1 in the first half of the season huge, given how road heavy it was. End of the season is setting up very nice.

And one nice thing about that slate is that Atlanta doesn't have a pass rush to speak of, and it's hobbled on offense. That could take us to 5-1 on the road.

The 49ers game is going to be tough, but we match up well with them. Still, if we're being conservative in our estimates, it wouldn't be far fetched to pencil that in as a loss. 5-2.

The Giants have shown some signs of life recently, but it was against a moribund Vikings team and an Eagles team playing a rookie QB. Unless they have a complete turnaround, we should take that game. 6-2.

And that 6-2 road record would be the best in Seahawks history.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I see 3 and 0 on the road and a 15-1 season.

The reason I say this is timing, we have time to recoup at home before the Atlanta game on November 10, eleven days from now (week 10), then it's off to SF on December 8, 39 days from now (week 13 hello Okung), and the Giants December 15th.

The Giants will probably improve some but their Oline is pretty poor and they have no running game, which is why MikeRob said "no" to signing there. Hopefully the elderly defense in SF will be pretty worn down by week 13, and Atlanta will be a revenge game. Roddy White is 31 years old and injuries seem to be creeping up on him.

My biggest worry is New Orleans but have they really beat anybody? They lost to the Patriots and barely beat the Bucs, but that was a divisional game and we all know how tough those can be, especially after last night's game. I think we handle New Orleans but that it's a tough game where we put up 200+ yards on the ground.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This thread really puts home how bad the NFL schedule-makers tried to screw us. Halfway through the season and only three road tilts left? Talk about an imbalanced schedule.

Our last five games were @HOU, @IND, TEN, @ARZ (Thursday), @STL.

Four road games, two 10AM starts, one Thursday night game. Really, guys? 4-1 is pretty much a miracle, to be honest.

JonRud

Reaction score
4-1 is an incredible road record with what we've faced so far. Nobody can bitch about being 7-1 forget the style points we are in fantastic position to win the division and go for the #1 seed.

OP
OP
SeaTown81

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ex30gxz said:
This thread really puts home how bad the NFL schedule-makers tried to screw us. Halfway through the season and only three road tilts left? Talk about an imbalanced schedule.

Four road games, two 10AM starts, one Thursday night game. Really, guys? 4-1 is pretty much a miracle, to be honest.

Even more of a miracle when you consider the o line injuries and subsequent play. Unbelievable really.

Barthawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3sjdv2b7 said:
Smelly McUgly":3sjdv2b7 said:

Even more of a miracle when you consider the o line injuries and subsequent play. Unbelievable really.

4 of the last 5 on the road with a beat up and inefficient OL.. really remarkable that we only lost one game

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Before the season, with the schedule the way it was, I thought 11-5 was a realistic number. I really didn't expect better than .500 on the road. This has been an incredible start to the season. 15-1 would be amazing. The crazy thing is that it isn't out of the realm of possible. We'll likely be favored in all but the San Fran game.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1e3jzgf7 said:

I dont get it... How does unbalanced = trying to screw us? It just means its harder at one point and easier at another. Doesnt it all just balance out anyway?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3dhvi1h1 said:

Great point. I know many are disappointed at our game last night but I really think this is why we looked so rough. The schedule has definitely taken a toll on our team. This is the best perspective to evaluate us as a whole,,,,,, 7-1 in the absolute worst conditions. I'll take it!!!!

Polaris

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3qbcweg4 said:
Smelly McUgly":3qbcweg4 said:

Great point. I know many are disappointed at our game last night but I really think this is why we looked so rough. The schedule has definitely taken a toll on our team. This is the best perspective to evaluate us as a whole,,,,,, 7-1 in the absolute worst conditions. I'll take it!!!!

Indeed. Only the NYGiants have faced a schedule on the road that is this brutal, and everyone knows how they handled it.....to quote the templar knight from Indiana Jones...."Poorly"

Polaris

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":4tu9oucq said:
Smelly McUgly":4tu9oucq said:

I dont get it... How does unbalanced = trying to screw us? It just means its harder at one point and easier at another. Doesnt it all just balance out anyway?

You'd think so, but the fact remains that if a team gets too far behind early, it can be nearly impossible to catch back up. We faced the same problem last year as well and last year's team didn't handle it nearly so well.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The schedule should get easier, yes. But unless our tackles come back in a hurry, any game could be a toss up.

Bucs. We need some home cooking right now. Win
At Falcons. Close, but our offense could have trouble keeping up with theirs. Toss up.
Vikings. AP goes beast mode on us, but we win in the end.
BYE - Pray that our tackles are back and healthy by the bye.
Saints. Saints, averaging about 24 points on the road, outscore us at home. Loss
At 9ers. Depends on if the tackles are back. Toss up.
At Giants. It should be a win yes, but they actually have a pass rush and we're sloppy on the road. Toss up.
Cards at home. Win.
Rams. They match up well but our tackles should be back by then. Win.

So of the 8 remaining games, we can really only bank on 4 of those.

Polaris

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2s56dz63 said:

Indeed by normal west coast team standards (let alone traditional 'hawk standards), you could pencil this in as three losses minimum. It's extremely brutal on any team to play on Thursday, but to do it on the road is just nasty. Road teams have a significant disadvantage on Thursday games. The 10am starts we all know about, and these two 10am starts were not against scrubs to say the least!

I am starting to come around to the idea that the 'hawks were starting to show wear and tear on Monday.

Latest posts